Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #8389
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Funny how you think you are right and the Pope is wrong.Because the Pope says the same things most of us here have been saying to you including that God loves everyone even Gays. That God loves us even if we don't love him, including atheists and sinners. So can you blame the majority of us who agree with the Pope? I mean that does give us some credibility in your eyes, does it not? That God might not be as depressing and rigid as you make him/her out to be.

You know, I have a neighbor just like you who is a literal Bible believer. I have asked him several times to validate some of your comments and he mostly agrees with you. He has all these quotes memorized. So I don't disagree with all these comments you make as to what is in the Book. But a lot of the times my answer to this neighbor of mine is "what would Jesus do" if he was right here? Do you really think if a Gay man approached Jesus he would condemn him? Mary Magdalene was condemned by the society of her times, but not by Jesus. Jesus would never condemn anyone.

There has been many psychological experiments with groups of people lined up where the first person read a statement from a note to themselves in private and whispered it in the next person's ear. By the time it reached the last person (in a 20 to 30 person group) the last person wrote down what they heard. The two notes would be compared and in most cases they are almost irrelevant to each other!

Consider that the first words of the Bible were not written till 50 years after Jesus's death. How accurate do you think the words in the Bible can be after 50 years of hearsay when relayed words are not accurate after 5 minutes in a group of 20! That is why (to me) you have to take the gist of what is in the Bible and separate the wheat from the chaff. That is why there are so many contradictions in the Bible. Common sense can help sort some of those contradictions out. The Pope's comments are more in line with that common sense.
How accurate is the bible? Quite accurate. There are no contradictions in it. There are no inconsistencies in it. I'd say that it's quite accurate.

And you say that you believe that God created the heavens, earth and all that is in it? Yet, a God with this kind of power and wisdom isn't capable of preserving his "letter" to his sons and daughters -- to his chosen ones -- to the ones He has adopted into his family?

And if God is really a Person as you seem to imply (since only a rational, moral person can love), then wouldn't that Person communicate his will to the objects of his love? Would a human parent not communicate his love toward his children? Wouldn't that communication include all manner of instructions as to what is best for their welfare? Well, then if an earthly father has this kind of love toward his own, why would you expect God to do anything less?

And if you truly believe that God created the Universe and Man, then surely you must believe God created the means to communicate, i.e. LANGUAGE. So, this God who created language in order for intelligent, rational, moral beings to communicate with one another isn't capable of communicating intelligently and rationally with his moral creation? This, too, is a difficult thing for God to do?

Boxcar
P.S. Be sure to PM TJ and tell him that you have found a real live human being who believes "just like me". He'll be tickled silly to learn this.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)