Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-26-2023, 05:19 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Just like the left got completely bitch slapped when they showed their true colors after the slaughter of Israelis by HAMAS...they will get absolutely clobbered when the economy comes crashing down all around them.

But don't worry...if it's Trump vs. Biden, Biden will get 180 million votes in 2024 no matter how much the world and this country has burned to the ground.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:41 PM   #17
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
20% increase over 2021

A lot of items seem to be in the 30-50% price increase range.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:55 PM   #18
Dick Whitman
Veteran

Companies will keep raising prices as long as the increase in profits exceed sales declines.

Greed is good! (unless you're the consumer)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/26/b...inflation.html
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2023, 05:58 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
A lot of items seem to be in the 30-50% price increase range.

I see a lot of huge freight charge increases, not sure if it is a vendor mark up, the freight company they use mark up, or a combination of both. It is easy to compare as McMaster-Carr who I use for a lot of shop supplies keeps a purchase order record for me that goes back about 5 years. I reorder a lot of the same items in the same quantities.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2023, 06:03 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
Companies will keep raising prices as long as the increase in profits exceed sales declines.

Greed is good! (unless you're the consumer)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/26/b...inflation.html

Your article is behind a pay wall, I would not subscribe to the NY Times if it was 5 cents a year. I was just looking to pick it apart anyway I am sure it is full of crap considering the source.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:40 PM   #21
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
people are happy with gaslighting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe8XQoA5Zm8
Talk about half truths. Mitchie boy says job growth has slowed over the summers. He claims we need 200,000 new jobs a month to keep up with population growth. He doesn’t mention that over the summer, that is May through September, we averaged 237,000 new jobs a month. Or that we added 336,000 jobs in September.

Another thing you won’t hear on Fox News is that during Trump’s first three years we averaged only 179,000 new jobs a month. Which was actually great compared to 2020.
Old 10-26-2023, 06:59 PM   #22
Dick Whitman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Your article is behind a pay wall, I would not subscribe to the NY Times if it was 5 cents a year. I was just looking to pick it apart anyway I am sure it is full of crap considering the source.
You’re going to pick apart an article where company CEOs crow about continuing to raise prices in the wake of record profits and despite consumer fatigue?

Okay here you go.. you show that crappy NYT

https://archive.ph/x5eQl
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2023, 07:17 PM   #23
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Talk about half truths. Mitchie boy says job growth has slowed over the summers. He claims we need 200,000 new jobs a month to keep up with population growth. He doesn’t mention that over the summer, that is May through September, we averaged 237,000 new jobs a month. Or that we added 336,000 jobs in September.

Another thing you won’t hear on Fox News is that during Trump’s first three years we averaged only 179,000 new jobs a month. Which was actually great compared to 2020.
Winter is coming. Keep feeding us the snow jobs
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2023, 07:20 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
You’re going to pick apart an article where company CEOs crow about continuing to raise prices in the wake of record profits and despite consumer fatigue?

It flunked me on two Captchas or whatever they are called and won't let be try a third time. We most differ on what a motorcycle is. I hate those things.
I will try later.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:38 PM   #25
Inner Dirt

https://www.investors.com/news/biden...onomic-issues/

It would not let me copy and past portions. Biden's approval on the economy is poor to say the least. Does the White House think if they tell the same lies enough times people will believe them.
Old 10-27-2023, 11:01 AM   #26
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Anyone who thinks the economy is good should be held foe 72 hour mental observation and have their guns taken away.
Old 10-27-2023, 11:10 AM   #27
Inner Dirt

Quote:

It only let me try one Captcha this time, no question a motor scooter and a bus are not a car. I have a feeling it is due to my internet service not having a static address. A lot of time where a website thinks I am does not match my location. It is annoying as hell when I set my location to shop my closest Lowe's and next time I come back it is in another state.
Old 10-27-2023, 02:03 PM   #28
46zilzal
velocitician

https://www.theguardian.com/business...th-gdp-2023-q3

quote: The US economy grew at its fastest pace in nearly two years in the third quarter as higher wages from a tight labor market helped to power consumer spending, again defying dire warnings of a recession that have lingered since 2022.

Gross domestic product increased at a 4.9% annualized rate last quarter, the fastest since the fourth quarter of 2021, the commerce department’s Bureau of Economic Analysis said in its advance estimate of third-quarter GDP growth. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast GDP rising at a 4.3% rate.

Consumer spending, which accounts for more than two-thirds of US economic activity, was the main driver of growth, rising at an annual rate of 4.0% over the quarter. A strong labor market and wage growth that is slightly above the rate of inflation lifted households’ purchasing power.

The US economy has achieved a remarkable recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic downturn. The annual rate of inflation has fallen to 3.7% from a 40-year high of 9.1% in June 2022 and unemployment is close to a 50-year low.
Old 10-27-2023, 02:13 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Except the FED is trying to get the economy to COOL OFF...LOL

So an economy that keeps BOOMING is NO BUENO in the face of rising interest rates and high inflation...thanks to all the money you idiots printed for COVID and everything else.

46zilzal and the rest of them completely don't understand what is going on in this country when it comes to the economy

Someday soon, they will...because it will be nothing but a crater...LMAO
Old 10-27-2023, 03:41 PM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hey, Doctor Demento, I want a second opinion.

Consumer spending doesn't exit in a vacumm.

What is fueling spending is inflation. IF YOU BUY EXACTLY THE SAME GROCERIES every week, and paid $200 in January, and $300 in June,,
is this a sign of a good economy?

When you earn 80% of of your fixed cost of living, you need to spend 120% of it, whicj means DEBT.

Right now, we have high spending, gigh credit card balances, and dwindling savings.

That, Docula, is NOT a strong economy.