Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-08-2024, 01:35 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If climate change is a problem, then the response to it is a disastor.
Why are China and India not held to the standards we are?
Why to AllGore and Ketchup Kerry flying all over the world in jets when we have
ZOOM meetings available?

And where is the science that shows any current changes are ever reversable?

When those crying wolf start walking the walk, they might get some credibility.

These are the people who totally reacted to Covid with no intelligent plan and destroyed the economy and seriously harmed our school kids.

NASA lost all credibility under Obama.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:07 PM   #17
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
At the very top of the NASA article that I linked, it states that "there is unequivocal evidence that Earth is warming at an unprecedented rate. Human activity is the principal cause". And I asked if we should believe NASA when they say this...or if we should accuse them of lying. Because from what I see, the vast majority of the members here aren't of the opinion that "there is plenty of room for discussion ", when it comes to global warming. They either flat out deny that global warming is taking place...or they flat our refuse to believe that global warming is a "bad thing".

I repeat...all I am asking is if NASA should be believed about this. Or should we just assume that we as a group are more knowledgeable than NASA in such matters?
Sorry, my bad!

The answer is an unequivical NO. Not because I'm some flat earther, but because I don't trust any entity whose annual funding allotment or job relies heavily on adhering to certain ideology.

NASA
Universities
Think Tanks
Govt agencies (When the DOD says that climate change is a greater existential threat to the US than China, Russia, and nukes, we have a problem) Ask yourself, why does the DOD have a position paper on climate change anyway?

I've seen enough research that calls into question the empirical data behind the research papers. The science is FAR from certain.

Last edited by tucker6; 05-08-2024 at 02:09 PM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2024, 02:11 PM   #18
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
If climate change is a problem, then the response to it is a disastor.
Why are China and India not held to the standards we are?
Why to AllGore and Ketchup Kerry flying all over the world in jets when we have
ZOOM meetings available?

And where is the science that shows any current changes are ever reversable?

When those crying wolf start walking the walk, they might get some credibility.

These are the people who totally reacted to Covid with no intelligent plan and destroyed the economy and seriously harmed our school kids.

NASA lost all credibility under Obama.
These are all valid points as well. It all looks agenda driven, and IS agenda driven.
Old 05-08-2024, 02:12 PM   #19
jimmyb

John Kerry and Al Gore think anyone speaking out on man made climate change gives them carbon credits that offset jet setting, yachting, multiple properties, and fleets of ICE vehicles.

They also think the sun has a fixed thermostat and weather had always been static. They believe the cost of damage done by hurricanes is because of increased intensity since the turn of the 20th century, and not the result of population increases of 100 x's , more expensive homes, expensive automobiles, jet skis, boats, furniture, electronic gadgets, etc.

They try and scare us with heat related death, but fail to mention 17 people die from the cold as opposed to one death from heat. This according to the U.N., If the planet warms maybe we have fewer deaths.

They never admit when their prognosis is wrong, such as when they told us polar bears were endangered to to melting ice caps. WRONG! They were endangered because of indiscriminate hunting, and are actually increasing in numbers due to strict laws preventing such hunting.

If these climate morons stop lying to me and actually start living a green lifestyle, maybe then i'll start believing them. Until then, it's all bullshit. Like sitting on a jury... witness caught lying, everything they say is bullshit.

Last edited by jimmyb; 05-08-2024 at 02:15 PM.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2024, 02:18 PM   #20
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
J

They also think the sun has a fixed thermostat and weather had always been static. They believe the cost of damage done by hurricanes is because of increased intensity since the turn of the 20th century, and not the result of population increases of 100 x's , more expensive homes, expensive automobiles, jet skis, boats, furniture, electronic gadgets, etc.

Hurricanes are certainly not stronger now than in the past. Because of technology, we see all of them, and can radar them even without planes.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:18 PM   #21
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post

They never admit when their prognosis is wrong, such as when they told us polar bears were endangered to to melting ice caps. WRONG! They were endangered because of indiscriminate hunting, and are actually increasing in numbers due to strict laws preventing such hunting.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DXDtA_jV4AAx2zp.jpeg (42.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-08-2024, 04:49 PM   #22
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
hahaha. So very true.

"Some estimates of the global population are around 5,000 to 10,000 in the early 1970s; other estimates were 20,000 to 40,000 during the 1980s. Current estimates put the global population at between 20,000 and 25,000 or 22,000 and 31,000."

In other words, we have no clue. They hide under ice flows, and live in God forsaken areas.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:53 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Back to the topic at hand