Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #886
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
I guess you are mot paying attention. I just said ...
I know what you said, but your retort was rather foolish. If you had claimed anything, why would I be asking in the first place?

Quote:
All hail his holiness, Mr. Perfect. I guess your humility is only exceeded by your perfection.
You mean by Christ's perfection. Pay attention.

Quote:
Sound the holy trumpets
Amen! I'm waiting for that last trump!

Quote:
Now that we got that outa the way, can you ever respond without at least ONE biblical passage in your posts?. Just curious
Oh, I can't even begin to imagine how you would have been bouncing off the walls like a runaway pelota in a Jai Alai game if I had answered "yes" and not qualified that answer. I'm way ahead of you' cap. I know you all too well.

Boxcar
Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #887
hcap

Quote:
I know what you said, but your retort was rather foolish. If you had claimed anything, why would I be asking in the first place?
I am not sure. Your mind works in more mysterious ways than God's

This thread is on empty. Time to jump ship.

Did I ever tell you you are an idiot?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #888
lsbets

Quote:

Did you mean perfect idiot?

Calm down Box, that was a joke. It was too easy, can't believe Cap missed it. He teed it up, and missed.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #889
boxcar

Quote:
I'm flattered you would put me in the same league as Him.

Quote:
No, your cranial tank is on empty and has been running on just fumes for many years now. And don't hurt yourself getting into the tub.

Quote:
Yes, it's become your standard, boring refrain, which proves my observation about what is really running on empty around here.

Boxcar
P.S. Btw, does this mean you're not going to answer my question?
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #890
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets

Calm down Box, that was a joke. It was too easy, can't believe Cap missed it. He teed it up, and missed.
Well, it is written, you know, that God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise. Do you think he was only being sarcastic?

Boxcar
Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #891
hcap

Quote:
Quote:

I have no problem being the straight man. Take the shot

It may be this thread deserves shooting.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #892
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
It may be this thread deserves shooting.
Nah, I've been scoring my imperfection on a scale from zero to Boxcat. Very useful.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 03-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #893
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Nah, I've been scoring my imperfection on a scale from zero to Boxcat. Very useful.
I'm perfectly imperfect.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #894
boxcar

Quote:
I'm perfectly imperfect.
Hcap should possess a fraction of your guts. As it is, he apparently doesn't know what he is, since he's not talking. And he was the one who said the only sin is ignorance.

Boxcar
Old 03-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #895
Greyfox

"The End is Near"

Oh...oh.

Repent the end is near! Only 9 months to go according to:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...p-7584492.html
"A mountain looming over a French commune with a population of just 200 is being touted as a modern Noah's Ark when doomsday arrives – supposedly less than nine months from now.

A rapidly increasing stream of New Age believers – or esoterics, as locals call them – have descended in their camper van-loads on the usually picturesque and tranquil Pyrenean village of Bugarach. They believe that when apocalypse strikes on 21 December this year, the aliens waiting in their spacecraft inside Pic de Bugarach will save all the humans near by and beam them off to the next age.

As the cataclysmic date – which, according to eschatological beliefs and predicted astrological alignments, concludes a 5,125-year cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar – nears, the goings-on around the peak have become more bizarre and ritualistic.

For decades, there has been a belief that Pic de Bugarach, which, at 1,230 metres, is the highest in the Corbières mountain range, possesses an eery power. Often called the "upside-down mountain" – geologists think that it exploded after its formation and the top landed the wrong way up –"
Old 03-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #896
boxcar

Well, "the end" is certainly nearer than it was 24 hours ago, but I'm not so sure about the 12/21 Date with Death, Doom and Destruction. That date could be off a tad or two.

Boxcar
Old 03-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #897
Greyfox

Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Well, "the end" is certainly nearer than it was 24 hours ago, but I'm not so sure about the 12/21 Date with Death, Doom and Destruction. That date could be off a tad or two.

Boxcar
A month or two. Close but...hopefully no cigar is lit.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #898
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Am

A month or two. Close but...hopefully no cigar is lit.

Yikes... Thats close!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #899
boxcar

moved from the Trayvon Martin thread...

Quote:
You have never answered the question of why innocents get murdered by God.
God doesn't murder anyone. I reject your premise. God judges and punishes sin.

Quote:
Yes, I did say MURDER. What about the infants?[/b]

I have addressed this issue numerous times in the past. Try to keep up.

Quote:
Those who did kindly acts towards their neighbors, all the truly faithful Christians in Japan much more Christian than you will ever be? God has the power according to you, to easily discern the good from the bad. Why not the power to skip over the truly good as he did for the Israelites during the original Passover? Hell, in the bible he is constantly wiping out entire civilizations to teach all of us a lesson that for some reason he could not get across much more simply by his perfect word-the inerrant bible. Why is God constantly murdering us to save us?
So did all those innocents in Japan deserve to be murdered? Answer LS's question and stop dodging.
I never said they did. That came from LS' sick, twisted mind. And again, all the misery, pain, suffering and death in this world is due to mankind's sin. Etch the following into your mind:

ALL SIN = CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

"The wages of sin is death...(Rom 6:23). And, "All have sinned and "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Rom 3:23). And to give a little bit of equal to the OT: "The soul who sins will die." (Ezek 18:4).

And one more thing: One's "goodness" is NOT God's standard for measuring man's worthiness to stand before him. That is your standard and the standard of all the world's religions, but not biblical Christianity. All the "good" that we human beings may do in this life, will not win us favor with God. The standard that a holy God requires before he can accept us is much, much higher. It is righteousness and holiness. The RIGHTEOUS man shall live by faith (in other words see God and fellowship with him), cf. Gal 3:11). And without HOLINESS, no one shall see God (Heb 12:14).

Hope this helps.

Boxcar
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #900
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
ALL SIN = CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Boxcar
All of man sins, and sin commands death, so extinction can't be far behind?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Closed Thread