Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM   #4336
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1956 View Post
You think 2 to 3 minutes is enough time to look at the horse, decide how you might want to play the horse and then decide on the wager....I think not!
I agree with you, but you don't know what goes into Sea Biscuit's selection process, so it may be something he needs to do. I respect his opinion much. He comes up with a lot of horses I could never find that win. That being said, I am so busy focussing on betting I never see his picks until the race is over. The ironic thing is when he picks a horse I like, they run up the track and coincidentally often they would have made me a lot of money had they won. If I dont like the horses he picks, too often those are the ones that do really well. It is actually hilarious. For example I had 4 of 5 in the early pick 5 yesterday. Who did I miss. Maintenance Man in the 2nd. Sea Biscuit had him as one of his two horses. I used the 4-8-9 in the race.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #4337
Poindexter

Just correcting my last post. I usually need these horses to win for a multi leg hit (pick 4 or pick 5 maybe even a pick 3).. So them running second is just as bad for me as them running up the track. So basically change up the track to not winning. In fact a lot of his horses do come 2nd which doesn’t help you in the multi-legs but can be very useful in the exactas and trifectas, especially on those races where the favorite is out. Not unusual for Sea Biscuit to give out nice priced horses that are in the exacta. If you like the other half and play it blindly you cash.

I will give you an example of what I am talking about. When maintenance man won my key horse was big longshot bettorholdontight. I already had the double big and the pick 3 and pick 5 live if he wins so I only needed to key him to come 2nd and 3rd. So if I wanted to incorporate Sea Biscuit’s picks what do I need to do. $2 exacta 2-8, 5-8 and a 20 cent trifecta 2 all 8 and 5 all 8, all 2 8 and all 5 8. Cost $9.60. If my horse comes 2nd to one of his horses I cash. If my horse comes 3rd and either of his horses come 1st or 2nd I cash. In this case I blindly would have made $164 profit. Had the 8 come 2nd it would have paid more I am pretty sure. I already have value imo with the 8. Sea Biscuit has put up 100’s of picks over the years and so many have come 1st or 2nd at big prices. My horse is a huge price. Why would I even worry about whether I like his horses or not in this context. By the way this paragraph is really addressed to myself. As horse players we have such big egos. Sometimes you have to put your ego in check. It is similar to me auto betting heavy chalks over my longshots. I often hate that heavy favorite and under bet that exacta because I hate it so much. But you know how it goes, my big long shot looks to be in control, then right before the wire here comes the over bet 3/5 shot to nail me. But I always have something on that exacta now, but usually not enough, because bad habits are hard to break.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #4338
ctownraces@bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit View Post
#5 Patriarch Hanover went off at 9-1 paid 21.90-9.50-5.20 and the 5/4 Exacta paid a whopping eye poppin 206.50

4 plays 3 winners with 2 of them paying in double digits. Hows that for a win %

Keep up the great work Sea Biscuit i follow you when i can much respect...
ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #4339
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownraces@bp View Post
Keep up the great work Sea Biscuit i follow you when i can much respect...

Thanks ctownraces. Appreciate the kind words.
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply