Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-25-2019, 01:54 AM   #91
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
One question:

Why would Ely also develop a newly-found interest in Cj's TimeformUS figures? Has Ely been known for his handicapping forum excursions?
It's good cover....Ely loves playing games with people....Plus he got Mike hooked on some on-line battleship addiction....It's how Ely entertains himself.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2019, 02:02 AM   #92
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
It's good cover....Ely loves playing games with people....Plus he got Mike hooked on some on-line battleship addiction....It's how Ely entertains himself.
I don't understand you, Randall. You were able to ascertain that C16's "skill set and acumen" could not be matched by SRU...but you can't figure out that Ely's overall knowledge far exceeds that of the moronic C16.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:03 AM   #93
Clocker

Quote:
It sounds as if you are talking about two separate groups of people here. Are you sure that you shouldn't rethink your position?
No. True conservatives believe in a free market and as minimal a government as possible. Trump and his supporters, while claiming to be conservatives, advocate a government that protects American companies against foreign competition at the cost to American consumers. How are tariffs that increase the cost of lumber and steel and aluminum and solar panels beneficial to American consumers?

Lest we forget, citizens are the core of this country, not corporations. The welfare of citizens should be the primary focus of the government. Please show me anything in the Constitution about protecting corporations that cannot compete in a free market.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:05 AM   #94
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I don't understand you, Randall. You were able to ascertain that C16's "skill set and acumen" could not be matched by SRU...but you can't figure out that Ely's overall knowledge far exceeds that of the moronic C16.
When you got the nuts when playing no-limit, how are you perceived? Do you sometime give a false tell to induce someone to call?....It's the same thing.

BTW, I'm going to start charging you for these sessions...

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 02-25-2019 at 02:08 AM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2019, 02:15 AM   #95
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
No. True conservatives believe in a free market and as minimal a government as possible. Trump and his supporters, while claiming to be conservatives, advocate a government that protects American companies against foreign competition at the cost to American consumers. How are tariffs that increase the cost of lumber and steel and aluminum and solar panels beneficial to American consumers?

Lest we forget, citizens are the core of this country, not corporations. The welfare of citizens should be the primary focus of the government. Please show me anything in the Constitution about protecting corporations that cannot compete in a free market.
When the word "conservative" is used in PA-Land...it has NOTHING to do with the definition that you have provided above. A PA-Land conservative couldn't care less about "free trade", "free market", "consumer rights", "small government", "escalating budget deficits", etc...unless a DEMOCRAT is in the White House. When the REPUBLICAN candidate is in the White House...the PA-Land conservative is happy regardless of circumstances...simply because the liberals have been denied the country's highest office.

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-25-2019 at 02:17 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2019, 07:19 AM   #96
sammy the sage

Quote:
Yeah, everything is just a "coincidence" Mike.....Not buying it for a second, the evidence is there in my last 5 posts in this thread....Ely slipped when you banned him back on Nov. 20th. He came back sometime in mid-Dec, but first opened up new for C16 in Dec, since Ely didn't know if he was coming back or not.

So now he gets bored and wants to have a little fun, and instead of calling you Tom again, he wants to call YOU a "commie" and assorted other names under the stealth of "C16"....It's Ely's way of a little payback for getting banned by you in the first place....The guy is a whack-job, but can bring traffic to your site with his style of posting which pushes buttons with other posters.

That's how I see it, and it looks on TARGET to me and anyone else.....Next.
Personally....I 'm finding you more and more similiar to "Buckeye"....

I have background, I have info, I know what's going to happen and you don't, I'll constantly leave you hanging, I'm so cryptic that I think I'm smarter than everyone else....sounds STRIKINGLY familiar...the SAME style...
Old 02-25-2019, 08:41 AM   #97
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I like you, so I'm not going to get into some protracted argument with you...except to say I believe you are dead wrong on this one.

Except for the battleship addiction part...although that may be wearing off...
Old 02-25-2019, 09:13 AM   #98
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I like you...
You have never said whether you like me or not, which has triggered an emotional response in me that is quite embarrassing.

However...I do like you...even though I have -40 rep power points. (Something I consider a badge of honor by the way.)

barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #99
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Personally....I 'm finding you more and more similiar to "Buckeye"....

I have background, I have info, I know what's going to happen and you don't, I'll constantly leave you hanging, I'm so cryptic that I think I'm smarter than everyone else....sounds STRIKINGLY familiar...the SAME style...
And they've never been seen in the same room together. Like Clark Kent and Superman.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #100
elysiantraveller

My god this place is wild... Conspiracies everywhere...
Old 02-25-2019, 09:36 AM   #101
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
My god this place is wild...
You should get out more.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:40 AM   #102
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You should get out more.
I have been!

Survey said...
Old 02-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #103
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I have been!

Survey said...
I said more.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:22 AM   #104
Clocker

Quote:
When the word "conservative" is used in PA-Land...it has NOTHING to do with the definition that you have provided above. A PA-Land conservative couldn't care less about "free trade", "free market", "consumer rights", "small government", "escalating budget deficits", etc...unless a DEMOCRAT is in the White House. When the REPUBLICAN candidate is in the White House...the PA-Land conservative is happy regardless of circumstances...simply because the liberals have been denied the country's highest office.
Good analysis. Sad but true.

Rather than "conservative" or "Republican", perhaps the term "Anti-Dem" might be more accurate. And The Donald certainly meets that criteria.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #105
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
He doesn't get under conservatives' skins. He gets under the skins of Trump fans who think that Trump is a conservative, and that they are conservatives because they support him. Trump isn't a conservative, and a lot of his supporters aren't. .
Ok that's one view, let me give you mine. I assume you've worked in an office environment. Also assume you've worked for a bad boss, but that boss was the best option at the time. The boss isn't a permanent fixture, people move in and out (as do presidents). Mature adults figure this out. The boss is not a permanent fixture in life

so, every few years you come across a co worker that moans and gripes about everything that happens in the office.... The boss isn't fair. The boss isn't smart. The boss doesn't do what I'd like him / her to do. The boss shouldn't be in the position he's in. On and on

And on.

After awhile, that employee gets shit canned because no one wants to hear that shit except other whiners (who also eventually find the door). He's become a cancer people walk away from when you see him coming. It's not because he's "right" , because oftentimes he's not. It's because he's a bore. Tiresome, immature. A cancer.

That's Ely, to me.

Last edited by ElKabong; 02-25-2019 at 11:38 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply