Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #151
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Cruz is doing better in the closed primaries, where only registered Republicans can vote the GOP ticket, and Trump is doing better in open primaries. Data seems to indicate that a lot of Dems are crossing over and voting for Trump on the GOP side. Whether they will do so in the general remains to be seen, or if they are just trying to screw with the GOP. Especially given Trump's backing off on his initial strong stand on immigration.

More the of the recent primaries have been open, more of the upcoming primaries will be closed, which favors Cruz.
I'll take "screwing with them for $1000, Alex!"

Foghorn is all about making deals, with multiple devils, if necessary. So, as much as I think he's a blustering buffoon, with knowledge on many issues, an inch deep, he's the choice to run against.

Raphael, is a beady eyed, ZERO compromise on anything, Con zealot! He would relish pushing America as far right and as quickly, as possible. A clear and present danger.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #152
zico20

A crushing win in Wyoming today. Rubio second and Trump third with only 7%.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #153
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
It was a caucus of 900 people. A non event in the scheme of things.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #154
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:

WYOMING?

So, because I'm not American, I guessed how many critical electoral votes would be on the line- at 4.

I was one off.

Try again, when Raphael grabs a meaningful State.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #155
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
WYOMING?

So, because I'm not American, I guessed how many critical electoral votes would be on the line- at 4.

I was one off.

Try again, when Raphael grabs a meaningful State.
All states are meaningful. If Wyoming had not gone for Bush he would have lost the election to Gore. Do not take the great state of Wyoming lightly.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #156
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
Raphael, is a beady eyed, ZERO compromise on anything, Con zealot! He would relish pushing America as far right and as quickly, as possible. A clear and present danger.
I know I have said this before, but I REALLY don't know why folks have such a "fear" of Ted Cruz, somehow believing that he would set up some type of secret police to outlaw and jail people for things like no drinking, dancing, and gambling.

Has his campaign done some things that are questionable, sure. But that has not shaken my belief that a US led by Ted Cruz would be a much better improvement over the corruption and willful destruction of the past 8 years. Just sayin!!

That's my perspective, but perhaps I am not informed. What are some of these things Ted Cruz would do that I should be concerned about?
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 10:13 PM   #157
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
It was a caucus of 900 people. A non event in the scheme of things.
Tucker, are you trying to tell me that Guam, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands will also be non events? I think I will post the results just to spite you. The people there are not going to like you very much.

Whats next, that Jarvis Island is not an important overseas possession of the USA.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #158
tucker6

Quote:
Tucker, are you trying to tell me that Guam, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands will also be non events? I think I will post the results just to spite you. The people there are not going to like you very much.

Whats next, that Jarvis Island is not an important overseas possession of the USA.
Well, I live on an island, so I am always more partial to results in those locales. Always important to know where American Samoa stands on the really important stuff.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #159
betovernetcapper

I don't get it either. When there was a full field, there was one I really liked (Paul) and one I couldn't stomach (Chris Christe) who was very anti 2nd Amendment as Governor. I cast my vote today for Cruz. If no one wins 1237 delegates, I think he's the logical choice for the party to go with.

Rubio & Kasich are probably decent people, but if they were to win in a brokered convention, probably half the party would sit out the election.

If Trump wins the 1237 delegates, I won't like it but I'll give him my vote. If Trump wins in a brokered convention I really won't like it, but I'll give him my vote.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 10:57 PM   #160
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
I don't get it either. When there was a full field, there was one I really liked (Paul) and one I couldn't stomach (Chris Christe) who was very anti 2nd Amendment as Governor. I cast my vote today for Cruz. If no one wins 1237 delegates, I think he's the logical choice for the party to go with.

Rubio & Kasich are probably decent people, but if they were to win in a brokered convention, probably half the party would sit out the election.

If Trump wins the 1237 delegates, I won't like it but I'll give him my vote. If Trump wins in a brokered convention I really won't like it, but I'll give him my vote.
100% GUARANTEE, if there's a brokered convention, Trump will NOT be the nominee. The GOP establishment has tried everything to derail Trump, and if their secondary plan to deny him the 1237 succeeds, you think for a second that the outcome of a brokered convention wouldn't be a FIXED outcome?......The only way the GOP wins POTUS is with TRUMP, but no matter what happens, the GOP will never be the same, if it even exists at all, and I say "it's about damn time". RIP- GOP 2016, and take Romney to hell with you....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 11:14 PM   #161
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
100% GUARANTEE, if there's a brokered convention, Trump will NOT be the nominee. The GOP establishment has tried everything to derail Trump, and if their secondary plan to deny him the 1237 succeeds, you think for a second that the outcome of a brokered convention wouldn't be a FIXED outcome?......The only way the GOP wins POTUS is with TRUMP, but no matter what happens, the GOP will never be the same, if it even exists at all, and I say "it's about damn time". RIP- GOP 2016, and take Romney to hell with you....
No disrespect to your thinking, as of today I see the White House is only attainable with Donald J.Trump. I maintain Mitt Romney is not relevant at all, and around today's time frame the so called establishment have to make a choice to take a chance on Trump. So look for it to happen, the will of the people has steamrolled the establishment. These people will take a push before they will accept a loss.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 11:29 PM   #162
betovernetcapper

There are limits and no way in a brokered convention Romney, Rubio, Bush or Kasich would fly. It'll be Cruz or Trump.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #163
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
No disrespect to your thinking, as of today I see the White House is only attainable with Donald J.Trump. I maintain Mitt Romney is not relevant at all, and around today's time frame the so called establishment have to make a choice to take a chance on Trump. So look for it to happen, the will of the people has steamrolled the establishment. These people will take a push before they will accept a loss.
It's all good, Fasty....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #164
zico20

Cruz always talks about defending our religious freedoms. Some people do not believe they are in jeopardy, however, this article should give every Christian another reason to support Cruz for president. An atheist sued a pastor for erecting a giant cross on church property. The atheist filed the lawsuit because the mayor and council members attended the ceremony, which was on a Sunday, claiming it is unconstitutional.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/...?intcmp=hphz03
Old 03-16-2016, 11:01 PM   #165
azeri98

Quote:
Cruz always talks about defending our religious freedoms. Some people do not believe they are in jeopardy, however, this article should give every Christian another reason to support Cruz for president. An atheist sued a pastor for erecting a giant cross on church property. The atheist filed the lawsuit because the mayor and council members attended the ceremony, which was on a Sunday, claiming it is unconstitutional.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/...?intcmp=hphz03
If Cruz becomes President and screws up big time you can always blame Canada, he's one of us.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply