Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #166
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Now there's one for the books!
When 95% of the so-called "educated" players are already losers, they're supposed help others!
(Yeah go to the poor house!)
It's the blind leading the blind!
Apparently, you missed the point.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:48 PM   #167
Poindexter

Itp has a link on his twitter page to a 2 part interview with Jason Beem in 2018. Listened to the 1st hour of part 1 today. Jason is a very good interviewer and ITP made some very sound logical points that really cannot be argued with. He has a broad knowledge of betting this game and I can't really argue with the logic on most of his takes. Now he brought up one example. If you are say 4 for 4 in a pick 4 alive to a triple of 7/5, 2-1, and 5/2 shot or something similar you would never take the say $300 equity you built in that pick 4 and place it on those 3 horses. While I cannot argue that point, That being said in most instances in pick 4's and pick 5's and pick 6's especially with carryovers involved, you it does not always equal being alive for 720, 900 or 1050, it may actually equate to being alive to 1100, 1300, and 1500. So while his analogy may be good, I am not sure it is completely accurate. For that reason I am not obsessed with gaining equity in each leg as he is. From my perspective, the more you obsess with gaining equity the more tickets you end up converting from a $100 winning play to a $48 losing play

He is vehemently against abc,s. I have played enough abc's in my life to know it works for me. But to each there own. I will leave it at that and certainly advise any horse player to listen to his podcasts It certainly will not hurt. I repeat from prior posts, not always easy to predict value in blind pools and finding value is easier for some than others. Just like a pro poker player might play a 67 suited pre flop I probably will get killed doing so. I think the same applies here. The skill level of the player will help dictate what strategies for betting work best and it is up to each player to determine what works best for him or herself.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply