Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #601
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtolovetvg
Thanks, please post the link with the breakdown of NYRA simulcast rates, so I can be better informed.
http://www.google.com/search
Old 05-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #602
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
Asking people what they think instead of just telling them what they ought to think. What was I thinking? You better call Gallup and tell them to stop being childish.

And how did the poll results prove I was wrong, again?
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=89489

Take a look and try to explain that. Or even better, just call it childish and claim to have won. That's much more mature.
Of course you just showed the poll not the entire subject that's par for you. Sort of like we are discussing now.

I also sent you a PM saying that I thought it was hysterical that you started it. Of course you weren't "MAN" enough to answer it.

One more thing is I NEVER talk about myself in the third person. If you had children did you ever teach them to do that?

CASE CLOSED
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #603
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Of course you just showed the poll not the entire subject that's par for you. Sort of like we are discussing now.
You brought up the poll, claiming it proved me wrong, then when it's shown that it doesn't it's my fault for ... What is my fault again?

Quote:
I also sent you a PM saying that I thought it was hysterical that you started it. Of course you weren't "MAN" enough to answer it.
It didn't seem to require a response, so I didn't. Am not aware of any obligation I have to reply to every PM I receive. I've certainly sent ones that weren't replied to, a situation that did not leave me feeling slighted. Were your feelings hurt by that? If so, I apologize. I'll be careful to reply to any PM you send me in the future.

Quote:
One more thing is I NEVER talk about myself in the third person. If you had children did you ever teach them to do that?
Bob Dole must have driven you absolutely bonkers.

Quote:
CASE CLOSED
Yep, Case closed. The majority of people think state restricted races are in general softer competition than open races of the equivalent class at the same track.

Of course, how any of this is relevant to the topic of this thread is a mystery to everyone. But, thanks for getting it off your chest.
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #604
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtolovetvg
The fact is, we still don't know exactly where it went and who got what and we should. I am no lawyer but there has to be some kind of accountability as to who got what. In the litigious society, that is the stuff that class action lawsuits are built upon. You can not just slough it of as, oh well. That said because there has been no accountability, you can not say, for certain, that the Board did not just 'split it up'.
Wow. Really? You really believe something like that is possible? Although we have seen how faulty the audit process is (hell, the auditors missed the fact that the takeout was wrong for HOW LONG?), THERE IS an audit process, and the money goes EXACTLY WHERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO GO.

Mostly to the state...

And when is the state going to return their share of these "ill-gotten gains?"
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #605
MadWorld

Quote:
Ah, now we get to it. Preferential pricing for the few while collecting higher prices from a larger percentage of the clientele. Yep, that was the plan. Now explain how that equates to lower takeout for everyone again?
Is takeout a big issue (or any issue) to somebody betting two bucks a race twice a month? Would you not buy a cup of coffee because it went from 99 cents to one dollar? Rebates do lower takeout for those that support the game. If you get a two percent rebate, it's a two percent reduction in takeout. Pretty solid.

Quote:
I would hope that all communication between NYRA and the NYSRWB does not go through the Counsel's office. That would be tedious and counterproductive. Anyway, the racing and wagering board does not set takeout. The RWB approves or denies takeout rates proposed by the racetracks, which are to be within the statutory limits set by the legislature. I took his saying he forwarded the question to Kehoe as a holdover from his days in the book publishing business; an author sends a question regarding royalty payments and you reply that you've forwarded his question to the legal department (snicker snicker).
Neither of us know the relationship between the R&WB and NYRA but every organization I've worked in with government oversight, it is the legal department that is the liaison. Who else would it be? Why would any org have someone who is not a lawyer authorized to talk to regulators?

If NYRA sets and asks for takeout, why did the state raise the takeout on exotic wagers to begin with?
MadWorld is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #606
usedtolovetvg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Wow. Really? You really believe something like that is possible?
While I don't think it happened, I do think it is possible. The people running the joint would have to be a lot smarter.
usedtolovetvg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #607
usedtolovetvg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Believe me I've tried. I have come up with everything from a 50-50 split between host and receiving track to a flat fee paid by the receiver of 3% of the handle. Like I said, you guys know this stuff, from a dollars and cents (sense) pov much better than me. any help would be appreciated.
usedtolovetvg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #608
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

And when is the state going to return their share of these "ill-gotten gains?"

Tom raised this issue a while back in the thread, and I thought I answered it correctly. The State's share comes off the top; the only "ill-gotten gains" in this matter accrued to the stakeholders. The state share and the breeders share of the 26% pools are NOT affected.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #609
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Tom raised this issue a while back in the thread, and I thought I answered it correctly. The State's share comes off the top; the only "ill-gotten gains" in this matter accrued to the stakeholders. The state share and the breeders share of the 26% pools are NOT affected.
I was being a bit facetious with my "ill-gotten gain" comment...that's why it was in quotes...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #610
Canarsie

Something fishy about NYRA controversy?

Very good article with a bunch of facts. Of course some will dismiss and comment on it without taking the time to actually read it.

http://tenoonan.com/2012/05/18/somet...a-controversy/
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #611
MadWorld

Quote:
Very good article with a bunch of facts. Of course some will dismiss and comment on it without taking the time to actually read it.

http://tenoonan.com/2012/05/18/somet...a-controversy/
Great Article. Regardless of what people think of NYRA, I think everyone can agree that the state has the WORST track record to run racing.
MadWorld is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #612
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I thought it was good when I posted it in this thread too!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #613
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadWorld
Great Article. Regardless of what people think of NYRA, I think everyone can agree that the state has the WORST track record to run racing.
And yet, some still call for federal regulation of the sport; as if there wouldn't be even more counterproductive political pressures.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #614
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
And yet, some still call for federal regulation of the sport; as if there wouldn't be even more counterproductive political pressures.
I have never understood the desire for the so called benevolent dictator in all facets of society. If it was true, I guess it would be good, but it never works out that way.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #615
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
Those who call for federal regulation of the sport do so as a last resort.

It has become clear that the racing industry cannot be relied upon to command this floundering ship past the troubled waters that lay ahead.

If the racing industry would ever agree to form a "unified" governing body of some kind...then there would be no talks about federal regulation.

The racing industry's gross incompetence and myopic vision is the reason why talks of federal intervention get started in the first place.

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply