Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
maddog42

The Obamacare Worm Turns

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...=tw-share&_r=0
Old 11-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Not much there to chew on, but he lost me at "Obamacare will turn into a Benghazi-type affair where Republicans are screaming about a scandal nobody else cares about."
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
sammy the sage

since you're going to CLUTTER the board w/the EXACT SAME premise as what's ALREADY been stated....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=106303
Old 11-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
Not much there to chew on, but he lost me at "Obamacare will turn into a Benghazi-type affair where Republicans are screaming about a scandal nobody else cares about."
What Krugman should have some written was "some choose to willfully ignore" instead of his incorrect "nobody else cares about."
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Clocker

It looks like Krugman is loading up on the Kool Aid for the holidays. His usual blathering about the economy and stimulus and such can be dismissed because that is macroeconomics, which is not his field. But his supposed area of expertise is microeconomics, the economics of decision making of the individual and the firm. This is the heart of the cancer within ObamaCare, and he is apparently clueless about it. He seems to assume that individual and corporate decisions about healthcare will not be affected by the full implementation of the ACA.

He presents a couple of examples of what our in-house libs would write off as anecdotal to prove that the whole matter will go away. As in "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

He appears oblivious to the fact that the really ugly excrement hasn't hit the fan yet. It is coming, in two waves. The first surge will be rate increases. The insurance companies were scheduled to post their 2015 rates on HealthCare.gov by Oct.15, 2014. By coincidence, Sebelius decided to delay that a month. Until after the November elections. A lot of people in the industry are predicting that those rate increases will be brutal.

That delay doesn't matter. The insurance companies have to file their 2015 rates with state commissions in the summer, probably around June 1 for most states. Those filings are public information, and will certainly be general knowledge soon thereafter. The bad news will be out there before the elections, and the GOP shouting it to the skies.

The second stage will hit in October, when employers will announce to employees that current healthcare plans will not be renewable. Some firms will just drop health care. Others will offer new plans that qualify under the ACA, with new and improved and expensive benefits, like mandatory maternity care for all.

When ObamaCare hit the private market this year, several million people lost their current plans. When it hits the employer market next year, the government's mid-range estimate is that around 80 million will lose their current plans.

But hey, what difference does it make? Everyone will now have access to "affordable" insurance, and it won't be those worthless policies the bad apple insurance companies are selling now.
Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What will kill Obama, the dems, and NoCare is information.
I hope the next slate of repub/TP candidates have enough brains and balls to not campaign like Romney did and get down and dirty and call a liar a liar - I want the dirtiest campaigning you could imagine - and all the ammo they need is the truth.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
ArlJim78

2nd or third delay for this one.

Obama administration delays small business exchange again; won’t be ready until late 2014
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #8
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Released at the start of a long holiday weekend so as to escape the notice of as many low information voters as possible.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #9
dartman51

But, it's just a COINCIDENCE, that it's being delayed til AFTER the mid-term elections. At least SOME in the MSM, are starting to tell some of the truth. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...e-health-plans

I guess, better late than never.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #10
Bettowin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Released at the start of a long holiday weekend so as to escape the notice of as many low information voters as possible.

Yep, released hours before the biggest drinking night of the year begins. Come Monday there will be much more important news to report to the nation
Bettowin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettowin
Yep, released hours before the biggest drinking night of the year begins.
This is biggest drinking night of the year? Why did I not get the memo on this? Now I have to play catch-up to uphold a noble tradition.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
delayjf

Quote:
screaming about a scandal nobody else cares about.
I'm quite sure the above sums it up for him and the rest of the Liberals.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #13
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf
I'm quite sure the above sums it up for him and the rest of the Liberals.
No one Krugman talks to cares about it, therefore no one cares about it.

The classic liberal line came from film critic Pauline Kael, after Nixon's election.

Quote:
How can that be? No one I know voted for Nixon.