Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 05-04-2024, 06:19 PM   #16
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
It looks to be a Listview control that contains all horses so that scratches can be done in one fell swoop. Ignore the orange-y part; that's my wallpaper.
yes..its quite easy to scratch it...
Saratoga is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 06:21 PM   #17
Poindexter

The work steve did for me has been such a huge help. I think he used essentially the same program (i think he had to add the cr and rr for me). Now I just run the program he created for me, it creates the data for me in excel. I copy and paste the data into my own spreadsheet, I print out my spreadsheet and I have my numbers for every horse for every race they have run. It would take me 10 hours to dupliate that information by hand and of course I would likely make a lot of mistakes and be in a brain cloud (I used to just skip the majority of past performance lines). If I get a new idea and have to modify the numbers some, no big deal. I just need to make a simple modification to my spreadsheet. Now whether my numbers are worth anything remains to be seen. But I am very happy with them. Even on the bad days. If you are not a programmer it is not even possible to create something like this. So I personally greatly appreciate the fact Steve reached out to me a few months ago.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 06:37 PM   #18
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
It looks to be a Listview control that contains all horses so that scratches can be done in one fell swoop. Ignore the orange-y part; that's my wallpaper.
Ah... that's a very nice design.

Hmm...
I was just thinking...

Your interface concept is just what I've been struggling to find for my ticket writer. It could show the horses in each race needed for a particular bet.

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 08:32 PM   #19
NormanTD

Quote:
Yes, a listview within a dialog. And I found it much easier to list the entire card as opposed to just one race and...I was thinking working from a card scratch list before the races started.

Clicking to scratch a horse enters an "S" in the program for that horse and then the program just ignores "S'ed" horses.
NormanTD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2024, 09:00 PM   #20
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanTD View Post
Yes, a listview within a dialog. And I found it much easier to list the entire card as opposed to just one race and...I was thinking working from a card scratch list before the races started.

Clicking to scratch a horse enters an "S" in the program for that horse and then the program just ignores "S'ed" horses.
Excellent
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply