Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #151
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks
To me, the blown-up video of Saez doesn't look great for him. At :39, the smallest two or three fingers on his right hand are clearly appear to be clutching something - only his pointer and thumb seem to be outstretched to retake the whip. It's not crystal clear, but his while hand is never completely open that I can see.
I have the HD broadcast of the Travers show on my DVR and i watched Saez with eagle eyes (there were a lot of amazingly close and clear shots of him galloping out) and while i didnt actually see a machine, i didnt either see how it was possible he had one. If he had something in his hand, or under his saddle pad or somewhere else, it was a houdini like job of concealing. His hands make some "odd" movements, but at no time did it really appear he would have been able to hold the whip, reigns and do all the movements he did while holding a device.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #152
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Donna isn't an outrider. She's a reporter on horseback.
No kidding...The guy with the red vest on the OTHER side of the race horse.
If you want to be a smart guy, find someone else.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #153
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Sorry Cabber, didnt mean to come down hard on you, i apologize if i came across as harsh, that wasnt my intention.

I agree with you that Guillot isnt exactly the most well liked person on the backstretches of america, he does have a reputation, i'm not arguing with that.

His reputation could theoretically come into play if the judges decided to NOT investigate Saez under the grounds that the guy making the accusation is a blowhard. But, in my opinion, once they started investigating, i believe that the investigation can stand or fall strictly on the evidence and that Guillot being a blowhard isnt a factor once the judges start digging into the case. That's all i was saying.

No hard feelings? Can we still be pals?
Notwithstanding Guillot's reputation, the accusation should be given it's due diligence.
If Guillot is wrong, he should be punished in the same manner as a jockey would for lodging a 'frivolous' claim of foul.
I Googled the subject and came up with an article about a famous frivolous foul claim by Manny Ycaza in the 1962 Preakness.
He got 10 days. Then another 20 from the Md Racing Commission for other misdeeds.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=4906,4595584
Here is a CHRB rule...
http://www.chrb.ca.gov/query_rules_a..._argument=1702
I think ALL license holders should have a schedule of disciplinary penalties against them for issues such as this claim by Guillot.

Last edited by thespaah; 09-02-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #154
cordep17

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Whoa Chad..Arent you a self proclaimed "Fine outstanding former trainer"..I resent the fact that now you are being a accessory to the fact of knowing and telling your brother to cheat!!..Not much different then using spurs...Bullsh.t..This is abuse of the animal.
Not speaking for Chad..

That is such bull.
cordep17 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #155
cordep17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Notwithstanding Guillot's reputation, the accusation should be given it's due diligence.
If Guillot is wrong, he should be punished in the same manner as a jockey would for lodging a 'frivolous' claim of foul.
Based off of the opinions in this thread, we are far from unanimous in what might have happened.

Jocks claim fouls all the time. Stewards don't always change the ruling, and they don't always punish a jock.

Just because someone's lawsuit fails doesn't make it's frivolous.
cordep17 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #156
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordep17
Based off of the opinions in this thread, we are far from unanimous in what might have happened.

Jocks claim fouls all the time. Stewards don't always change the ruling, and they don't always punish a jock.

Just because someone's lawsuit fails doesn't make it's frivolous.
I posted the CHRB rules regarding this.
The criteria for a claim to be frivolous is "knowingly"...
Of course the stewards or gaming board officials could make a subjective determination of whether or not Guillot's claim is in fact frivolous.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #157
Longshot6977

Quote:
I posted the CHRB rules regarding this.
The criteria for a claim to be frivolous is "knowingly"...
Of course the stewards or gaming board officials could make a subjective determination of whether or not Guillot's claim is in fact frivolous.
Not sure how it can be considered frivolous when even many here don't agree on what we see in the video. To some people, it appears he was holding something which would make the claim not frivolous. And of course the opposite is true.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #158
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Whoa Chad..Arent you a self proclaimed "Fine outstanding former trainer"..I resent the fact that now you are being a accessory to the fact of knowing and telling your brother to cheat!!..Not much different then using spurs...Bullsh.t..This is abuse of the animal.
Oh cmon, he's not telling anyone to cheat.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #159
Cannon shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
they for sure are. my brother has a horse that gallops great and does everything right. but when they try to breeze him it's like he's stuck in third gear and won't give you the other gear. we had a long discussion about it and I told him sometimes that's life, they just weren't born with the upper gear. but sometimes they have the gear but won't give it to you for numerous reasons. so before you quit on him get with your trainer and see if he can arrange for someone to give him a little help in the morning just to see if he has it or not. he was a little puzzled but asked the trainer. and trainer said sure we can arrange that. you just have to accept the fact it's there and it's used. and if used in the morning and used properly it's no big deal. hell they shock cattle, hogs, etc. every single day to get them to do what they want. it's really not much different than using spurs when riding a reining horse. inflicts about the same discomfort. it's not as big a deal as people assume it is. however, using it in a race is another story.
Seriously?
Cannon shell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #160
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not seeing anything but Saez untying the knot in the reins.
When he was interviewed by Donna Barton on the return to the winner's circle, the video shows Saez fidgeting and the out rider looking directly at Saez's hand motions. If anything untoward been going on, the outrider would be required to to report what he saw.
Apologies. I read it as you saying Barton was the outrider, but I see differently now.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #161
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon shell
Seriously?
Is that bettor or worse than shock wave therapy? A shock is a shock, right?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #162
Cannon shell

Quote:
Please say this is an attempt at humor
Cannon shell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #163
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon shell
Please say this is an attempt at humor
Sadly, it is doubtful.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #164
Zydeco

Ok..have a question.....jock has a buzzer....on the gallop out he switches something from right hand to left hand....left hand looks like he tucks something under the saddle....trots back to winners circle to get pic taken......he pulls the saddle and tack off the horse to go get weighed......does the item fall on the ground or does he do another sleight of hand to slip it in his pocket? Or does the saddle have a pocket where he could have stashed it on the gallop out? Just wondering.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #165
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

Actually shock wave therapy is worse, not due to the shock, but if it is used to numb the horse from feeling pain.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply