Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: Should EMD4ME be banned?
Yes 20 20.83%
No 76 79.17%
Voters: 96. This poll is closed

Old 07-19-2016, 10:41 AM   #31
johnhannibalsmith

Berate people? A bit overly defensive, I'd say. But it isn't hard to understand when he's a lightning rod - somewhat self-inflicted - for getting kicked in the teeth himself. I've argued with him (amazingly, on-topic and without the bullshit) as much as anyone. When it ventures into the silly personal stuff (I made $787,000, no you didn't, yes I did, you're a troll, no you're the troll, etc, etc, etc.) I steer clear of it. Seems like a viable strategy thus far and requires no polls nor any referendums on membership status.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #32
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Ban the Bomb
Ban people who handicap while standing at the self betting machines.
Ban Rollon deodorant.

But don't ban the Emerald Man
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #33
GameTheory

If I were running things, I'd be a banning fool, banning right and left, but not EMD4ME. He's fine, fighting the good the fight.

BUT since I haven't finished my coffee, I just had a brain cramp and accidentally voted yes in the poll (I was thinking "Keep Him Yes or No" instead of ban him yes or no). So please mentally switch my vote when looking at the results.
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #34
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Berate people? A bit overly defensive, I'd say. But it isn't hard to understand when he's a lightning rod - somewhat self-inflicted - for getting kicked in the teeth himself. I've argued with him (amazingly, on-topic and without the bullshit) as much as anyone. When it ventures into the silly personal stuff (I made $787,000, no you didn't, yes I did, you're a troll, no you're the troll, etc, etc, etc.) I steer clear of it. Seems like a viable strategy thus far and requires no polls nor any referendums on membership status.
I was hoping this thread was closed already but since it's not, it gives me the chance to respond.

Spot on JHB.

I'll say this. Every single one of my "arguments" on here were initiated by people who somehow attacked my credibility. My character is my everything, so I will defend myself when applicable.

You and I get along great because we discuss topics. No personal attacks giveth or taketh. I have zero problem ever agreeing to disagree. Have done so with countless people on here. It's when snide remarks are made that I give what people give.

Anyway, I chose not to VOTE LOL. Figured, I didn't want to taint the results with a biased opinion.

Now I will (especially since 1 person voted the wrong away-that's cool, crap happens) make my vote LOL.

Thanks again JHB for the direct feedback. That's what I like about you.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 10:58 PM   #35
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I was hoping this thread was closed already but since it's not, it gives me the chance to respond.

Spot on JHB.

I'll say this. Every single one of my "arguments" on here were initiated by people who somehow attacked my credibility. My character is my everything, so I will defend myself when applicable.

You and I get along great because we discuss topics. No personal attacks giveth or taketh. I have zero problem ever agreeing to disagree. Have done so with countless people on here. It's when snide remarks are made that I give what people give.

Anyway, I chose not to VOTE LOL. Figured, I didn't want to taint the results with a biased opinion.

Now I will (especially since 1 person voted the wrong away-that's cool, crap happens) make my vote LOL.

Thanks again JHB for the direct feedback. That's what I like about you.
Now that you've spit-shined one of JHS's ass-cheeks, go get your shine-box and buff the other side to high gloss....ya know, like frickin' mirrors...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 11:14 PM   #36
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Now that you've spit-shined one of JHS's ass-cheeks, go get your shine-box and buff the other side to high gloss....ya know, like frickin' mirrors...
Cut him some slack; he needs friends these days.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:59 AM   #37
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
I will respectfully request that EMD not get anywhere near my ass cheeks, particularly if spit is involved.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2016, 02:50 AM   #38
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I will respectfully request that EMD not get anywhere near my ass cheeks, particularly if spit is involved.

It's never a good idea to let a Greek get too close to your ass cheeks.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:29 AM   #39
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

You guys are blanken hilarious. Welcome back RR. I missed you
Thaskalos I already welcomed you back in another thread but I'll say it again, you were sorely missed.

JHB , let's go back disagreeing on stuff
Old 07-20-2016, 06:49 AM   #40
RichieP

No
Old 07-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #41
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
It's never a good idea to let a Greek get too close to your ass cheeks.
Thanks for the practical advise and love the Gurdjieff pic, wonder how good he was at picking the ponies.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #42
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
If you had any idea how much it costs to advertise on here YOU wouldn't appreciate someone coming onto the thread and bashing your product---hit the bricks

he did? sorry had to laugh. I have not yet used it because my paypal account was hacked last fall, same time I started my VPN service. I'd like to read it because he was funny, by the large amount of responses, obviously he was a good read. No worries, You're Horse racing logic is good with me

I find it hard posting picks because I only use my top COMPUTER pick a few times, The value can be 2nd ,3rd or lower pick.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #43
jahura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Ban him? No way. He's one of the sharpest guys here....even if he plays too many horses that get straggled by jockeys.
Ban Him? Definitely not. He has prompted me to do 2 things.
1. Work Harder at watching replays
2. Bet Emerald
Those 2 alone are enough for me to vote no.
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2016, 03:08 PM   #44
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

You're making me blanken blush! Hard to do a 230 pound guy.

So tell me honestly, how do you like Emerald?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:13 PM   #45
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Ban him? No way. He's one of the sharpest guys here....even if he plays too many horses that get straggled by jockeys.
Are you saying he likes to bet grass races in New York?
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply