Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #31
rispa

I could not disagree with you more. As an everyday player who sees a lot of different tracks, I can tell you they are one of the best around! They might have made a mistake in this instance, but hey, nobody's perfect.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #32
tbwinner

The gate scratches at NYRA giving you a mere 20 seconds to change your wager are quite tiresome and annoying too. But that's another complaint.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #33
Robert Fischer
clean money

tbwinner - this is not done by the gate crew - at least the crew doesn't enforce this problematic protocol. They may be to "blame" for getting things ready quickly and avoiding prolonged problems- a compliment if anything. HOWEVER - we agree on this issue, maybe it should be it's own thread. Nothing worse than a horse breaking though the gate!-and you don't even have time to cancel an online bet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner
The gate scratches at NYRA giving you a mere 20 seconds to change your wager are quite tiresome and annoying too. But that's another complaint.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #34
Robert Fischer
clean money

it seems this thread has degenerated into whether TLG could have responded with KID GLOVES...
WTF?
this is like gossip...

i'd rather know if he had "insider trading info" on Style Squad or he had that pick all on his own... At least come up with something interesting...

what about Al Michaels and Serling doing prime time racing for billion dollar pools with a mass media broadcast that pimps an ADW on basic cable ??

who the **** cares about somebodys internet persona, this isn't TMZ

the idea that nyra is worst gate crew in the country is obviously TROLLING and the attention it got unfortunately cancelled out the valid insight that may have been LINKED with exponential weak links made out of bull excrement.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
the idea that nyra is worst gate crew in the country is obviously TROLLING
This moment of clarity is extremely satisfying.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

And Mr. Dahlman's remarks are spot-on.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #36
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

As are TLG's.

This is borderline "I can't follow the horse because all of the saddlecloths are the same".
Old 10-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #37
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Jeff makes a simple comment and draws this kind of nonsense.
Is it nap time yet?

It did draw a troll out, though.
The silliness never ends.

Last edited by Tom; 10-22-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #38
tbwinner

Quote:
tbwinner - this is not done by the gate crew - at least the crew doesn't enforce this problematic protocol. They may be to "blame" for getting things ready quickly and avoiding prolonged problems- a compliment if anything. HOWEVER - we agree on this issue, maybe it should be it's own thread. Nothing worse than a horse breaking though the gate!-and you don't even have time to cancel an online bet.
You're right I know - I was just voicing another NYRA complaint while we're on it

(and I think there was a thread on it awhile ago-HA!)
Old 10-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #39
highnote

Quote:
In this thread:
I learned that the symbol ">" can be used as the "double hockey sticks" in a clever writing of the word "hell".

However i believe it really should be "<"

WHAT THE HE<<

Didn't one of the earlier posts mention something about nitpicking?

Not being critical of you, Robert. You are correct. I just found your post ironic.

Critisizing the use of ">>" when "<<" should have been used is the funniest thing I've seen this week.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:59 AM   #40
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by swetyejohn
Didn't one of the earlier posts mention something about nitpicking?

Not being critical of you, Robert. You are correct. I just found your post ironic.

Critisizing the use of ">>" when "<<" should have been used is the funniest thing I've seen this week.
dry humor, and a foolish humor...

hypocritical next to some of my other posts!

any entertainment is purely coincidental
Old 10-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #41
Canarsie

Quote:
the idea that nyra is worst gate crew in the country is obviously TROLLING and the attention it got unfortunately cancelled out the valid insight that may have been LINKED with exponential weak links made out of bull excrement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

''

I don't think that's the major point at least to me. But what do I know I'm an "idiot"

First off the original OP who started this was is entitled to his opinion even though I think it's 100% wrong. How this escalated to three pages is beyond my comprehension.

Now lets get to the meat of this so called debate here is Jeff's first reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
Thanks for the heads up.

I make my own trip notes. Part of that process involves watching the head on replay of the break. (I'm not the only player who does this.) If the gate has the saddle cloth numbers mislabeled - it becomes easy to create a trip note about the break for the wrong horse.

-jp

Now here comes TLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
If you watch races, and aren't able to realize that the number above the gate was wrong, then your trip notes don't rate to be worth much.

This thread is nitpicking....at best.

I would say these two are well respected in the fields they represent. To me there's no argument others may disagree.

It escalated from here because TLG almost always hurls a verbal barrage at someone if it's the slightest bit negative towards NYRA in any way. He slams everyone who gets in his path which shows an adolescent attitude at best. To me he is very "paranoid" defending his employer.

Did CJ's dad really need to be attacked over this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
While I agree that this is no big deal, your defense of anything NYRA does incorrectly is really getting a bit tiresome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I didn't defend NYRA in this instance...and if you weren't so hellbent on always taking shots at me you might have seen that.

Or maybe you wouldn't have. Your loss.
Tom says it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Jeff makes a simple comment and draws this kind of nonsense.
Is it nap time yet?

It did draw a troll out, though.
The silliness never ends.

How this escalated to three pages is beyond my comprehension. To me the mistake didn't mean that much I'm not as diligent handicapper as Jeff. BUT is was an "issue" with him and all he said was "thank you".

This has now escalated to twitter where some replies can be grouped into this type of thread. NYRA forgot to replace a horse on Talking Horses that scratched with TLG's next horse. He tweeted the horse so it was obvious who he liked. But once again the "put downs" continue defending NYRA with a response like his to a member on here "your really reaching" and saying "the odds board has an effect on your play" which is very true. But if that's the case you can't claim winners when a horse makes a sharp drop from the ML. You can't have it both ways. It's his twitter account so he can really say what he wants but it doesn't represent NYRA well my two cents.

I for one wish these sharp tongued responses would stop they have been increasing lately. A simple rebuttal that isn't antagonistic would be just fine. TLG is in the top tier in his field but I've never seem him knock Jason Blewitt, Eric Donavan and others who work for NYRA.

I seriously doubt he was ever "man" enough even once to tell Charles Hayward how he feels if they disagee like he does here. He can come on and say he did but I "seriously" doubt it.

In interest of full disclosure I once sent TLG a PM asking if he could help me finding a video of the 1970 Ladies Handicap. I didn't get a reply which could have been a simple "no", "f**k off, drop dead or anything a sentence isn't that hard to type. Especially since he finds time to respond on here in between races like at Belmont yesterday.

Am I off base asking for a simple "no'? Guess I was raised FAR differently than him a big thank you to my late mom (MSRIP).

This will NEVER stop me from defending NYRA or the TLG when I think their right. I would hope most would agree going by my previous posts that being one sided isn't my cup of tea.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I blame this all on racing secretaries across the country for not carding interesting enough stakes races to keep us amused.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #43
Robert Fischer
clean money

Cool

No offense Canarsie, I happen to like a higher percentage of your posts than most members.
In my opinion this particular post(QUOTED BELOW) is down that same road of complaining about etiquette in general, and then it also has way to much focus on one poster in particular. This opinion(<---former, just stated) is based on the body of your post. Then, I know the the use of a personal "example" at the end of your post was well-meant, but it actually sours the rest of the post quite a bit. I really hate to even address this particular point(weird/neat! this is unintentional example within a reply), but pms/emails go unanswered ALL THE TIME for a VARIETY of reasons.

Look, everyone mentioned in this thread, at least in the online-sense, knows everyone mentioned in this thread...
... I HATE to name specific posters, but as far as JeffP and TLG go, everyone knows they are good at what they happen to do, and nobody really wants them to do anything but speak their mind. We don't want kid gloves and etiquette from anyone - ESPECIALLY NOT THOSE WITH INSIGHT.

nobody reading this thread is swayed or needs to defend either one.

Nobody should be reading into any of their responses beyond the insight they offer. Sure there is a line where real threats to physical or business aspects are real, but we aren't ANYWHERE NEAR...

I can't speak for everyone but i don't want to hear about TLG and a pm you sent, or someone's opinion of him and his rapport with coworkers contrasted with members of the site!!!
That's kind of sickening. I know my reaction here stands on its own, but there are probably others who are not interested in shit that borders gossip.

And I'm really sorry if that comes off as a personal thing to you Canarsie, because like I said I enjoy the majority of your posts. You are also 100% entitled to your opinion, and certainly entitled to make a post like the one quoted below. It's not like you have made an overwhelming amount of threads redirect to be about "TLG and his etiquette". You also aren't alone in your concerns(although there are some deceivers who are really grinding an axe)... Please don't be sensitive and plz separate my opinion from anything personal C.

This thread was doomed from the beginning, when the OP declared something along the lines of Belmont being the "worst gate crew"...
That isn't really even an opinion, and i am one liberal SOB with semantics...!
It was bait.
Most of these NYRA "complaint department" office threads have seen me LODGING complaints, i really hate to be partisan / not my style...

I would much prefer a shoot-from-the hip atmosphere, where horseplayers speak our minds!

pretty soon we're gonna be so rich and famous that our publicists will "deliver" prepared posts that have been written with the cold-blooded calculation of our 2nd and 3rd impulses.

random quote o'day
cxix Avoid becoming Disliked.
There is no occasion to seek dislike: it comes without seeking quickly enough. There are many who hate of their own accord without knowing the why or the how. Their ill-will outruns our readiness to please. Their ill-nature is more prone to do others harm than their cupidity is eager to gain advantage for themselves. Some manage to be on bad terms with all, because they always either produce or experience vexation of spirit. Once hate has taken root it is, like bad repute, difficult to eradicate. Wise men are feared, the malevolent are abhorred, the arrogant are regarded with disdain, buffoons with contempt, eccentrics with neglect. Therefore pay respect that you may be respected, and know that to be esteemed you must show
esteem.

ccxxi Do not seize Occasions to embarrass Yourself or Others.
There are some men stumbling-blocks of good manners either for themselves or for others: they are always on the point of some stupidity. Youmeet with them easily and part from them uneasily. A hundred annoyances a day is nothing to them. Their humour always strokes the wrong way since they contradict all and every. They put on the judgment cap wrong side foremost and thus condemn all. Yet the greatest test of others' patience and prudence are just those who do no good and speak ill of all. There are many monsters in the wide realm of Indecorum.

ccv Know how to play the Card of Contempt.
It is a shrewd way of getting things you want, by affecting to depreciate them: generally they are not to be had when sought for, but fall into one's hands when one is not looking for them. As all mundane things are but shadows of the things eternal, they share with shadows this quality, that they flee from him who follows them and follow him that flees from them.
Contempt is besides the most subtle form of revenge. It is a fixed rule with the wise never to defend themselves with the pen. For such defence always leaves a stain, and does more to glorify one's opponent than to punish his offence. It is a trick of the worthless to stand forth as opponents of great men, so as to win notoriety by a roundabout way, which they would never
do by the straight road of merit. There are many we would not have heard of if their eminent opponents had not taken notice of them. There is no revenge like oblivion, through which they are buried in the dust of their unworthiness. Audacious persons hope to make themselves eternally famous by setting fire to one of the wonders of the world and of the ages. The art of
reproving scandal is to take no notice of it, to combat it damages our own case; even if credited it causes discredit, and is a source of satisfaction to our opponent, for this shadow of a stain dulls the lustre of our fame even if it cannot altogether deaden it.

YESSSSSSSS I CAN FINALLY PLAY AINTREE(UK) LONG DAY OF HORSEPLAYING HERE I COME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
''

I don't think that's the major point at least to me. But what do I know I'm an "idiot"

First off the original OP who started this was is entitled to his opinion even though I think it's 100% wrong. How this escalated to three pages is beyond my comprehension.

Now lets get to the meat of this so called debate here is Jeff's first reply

Now here comes TLG

I would say these two are well respected in the fields they represent. To me there's no argument others may disagree.

It escalated from here because TLG almost always hurls a verbal barrage at someone if it's the slightest bit negative towards NYRA in any way. He slams everyone who gets in his path which shows an adolescent attitude at best. To me he is very "paranoid" defending his employer.

Did CJ's dad really need to be attacked over this?

Tom says it best.

How this escalated to three pages is beyond my comprehension. To me the mistake didn't mean that much I'm not as diligent handicapper as Jeff. BUT is was an "issue" with him and all he said was "thank you".

This has now escalated to twitter where some replies can be grouped into this type of thread. NYRA forgot to replace a horse on Talking Horses that scratched with TLG's next horse. He tweeted the horse so it was obvious who he liked. But once again the "put downs" continue defending NYRA with a response like his to a member on here "your really reaching" and saying "the odds board has an effect on your play" which is very true. But if that's the case you can't claim winners when a horse makes a sharp drop from the ML. You can't have it both ways. It's his twitter account so he can really say what he wants but it doesn't represent NYRA well my two cents.

I for one wish these sharp tongued responses would stop they have been increasing lately. A simple rebuttal that isn't antagonistic would be just fine. TLG is in the top tier in his field but I've never seem him knock Jason Blewitt, Eric Donavan and others who work for NYRA.

I seriously doubt he was ever "man" enough even once to tell Charles Hayward how he feels if they disagee like he does here. He can come on and say he did but I "seriously" doubt it.

In interest of full disclosure I once sent TLG a PM asking if he could help me finding a video of the 1970 Ladies Handicap. I didn't get a reply which could have been a simple "no", "f**k off, drop dead or anything a sentence isn't that hard to type. Especially since he finds time to respond on here in between races like at Belmont yesterday.

Am I off base asking for a simple "no'? Guess I was raised FAR differently than him a big thank you to my late mom (MSRIP).

This will NEVER stop me from defending NYRA or the TLG when I think their right. I would hope most would agree going by my previous posts that being one sided isn't my cup of tea.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 10-23-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #44
The Hawk

Quote:
I can't speak for everyone but i don't want to hear about TLG and a pm you sent, or someone's opinion of him and his rapport with coworkers contrasted with members of the site!!!
That's kind of sickening. I know my reaction here stands on its own, but there are probably others who are not interested in shit that borders gossip.
Really? Since we're all being honest, there probably aren't many (any?) who care to read your silly "random quote o'day", or your endless, self-absorbed prattle. For that matter, virtually no one cares to hear "what you prefer" to read. But if everyone stopped posting stuff that someone else didn't care about there might not be a board.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #45
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Has there ever been a more sad thread than this one..........?

A bunch of guys I like, some I admire, and some others I really don't know. All throwing spitballs in a metaphorical study hall between races.

Come on guys........all of you are better than this........
Closed Thread