Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
Hardcore
Apprentice

Remember before yesterday they said HDG was superior. The board reflected. Same with Switch as BL cruised past off those slow fractions. I measure horseflesh. It's what I do and have been successful for 40 years now. I don't know why some can't see whats right under their noses. BL is the REAL DEAL. And she is still on the upswing. She beat a darn good one who had the perfect trip yesterday. With a little help she blows past by 3 but she had no help. LAT should be retired after not offering even 5 yards of resistance.
Thats my story and i'm stickin to it
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #17
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I don't know who you think you are fooling friend...but anyone who makes a comment like the one highlighted above, is not that difficult to figure out.

IMO...you are just a disgruntled Rachel fan who can't resist the temptation to strike a belated blow against the legacy of a great horse.
No, he's just Sugar_Ron's "evil" twin.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
Hardcore
Apprentice

Let me make clear I am a PROUD Rachel Alexandra fan. Why would I be disgruntled? Is she not the greatest filly or mare to ever race? Don't take my word for it. Ask John Nerud. She rates slightly ahead of Ruffian and Personal Ensign. Then comes Winning Colors, Ladies Secret and Genuine Risk..Ta Wee comes in before Dahlia who is temporarily ahead of Blind Luck. Then we come to a three way tie of Susans Girl, Davona Dale and Zenyatta. I measure horseflesh. Not hype

Last edited by Hardcore; 07-17-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore
Let me make clear I am a PROUD Rachel Alexandra fan. Why would I be disgruntled? Is she not the greatest filly or mare to ever race? Don't take my word for it. Ask John Nerud. She reates slightly ahead of Ruffian and Personal Ensign. Then comes Winning Colors, Ladies Secret and Genuine Risk..Ta Wee comes in before Dahlia who is temporarily ahead of Blind Luck. Then we come to a three way tie of Susans Girl, Davona Dale and Zenyatta. I measure horseflesh. Not hype
Aren't you a little late to the party?

Do we really have to go through this all over again?

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-17-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #20
Lasix67

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that's what makes this sport great!!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #21
Hardcore
Apprentice

I apologize for that. Been through two R/Z wars myself already. Some here though made Rachel remarks. I guess a Rachel fans gotta do what he's gotta do
Old 07-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #22
MooseDog

Jerry Hollendorfer runs horses where they belong. I've seen very few horsemen who could size up competition as well as he can. He's not prone to throwing his horses into the fire just to "see what happens". He enters to win, plain and simple.

If he thought Blind Luck had a chance in the Classic she would have run there.

Obviously he wanted no part of Big Z.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #23
Hardcore
Apprentice

Jerry is human and he bought into the hype like the whole west coast did. The hype even made Z HOTY off a loss. Who knew this was a popularity contest. Jerry can be wrong like all of us and he was. THIS BL though will leave him no doubt. She looks like top 3 at least of ALL horses running right now and is getting better. This is just my opinion and I thank all for the input
Old 07-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #24
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Welcome aboard Hardcore...

I can see that you will be a valuable addition to this forum...
Hey, he had the $1,000 tri AND he's an elite player (please his other great thread).
Old 07-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Hey, he had the $1,000 tri AND he's an elite player (please his other great thread).
Like someone said..."we are all winners, on the internet".

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-17-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #26
Marlin

What a difference a couple of months make. In April some on here had Blind Luck going to pasture as "the lemon was squeezed dry". Now she is better than Zenyatta? It certainly is entertaining around here. However, as always, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #27
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin
What a difference a couple of months make. In April some on here had Blind Luck going to pasture as "the lemon was squeezed dry". Now she is better than Zenyatta? It certainly is entertaining around here. However, as always, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
You nailed it.

Zenyatta was a better horse than Blind Luck, but that doesn't change the fact that BL races a lot by today's standards, ships and runs in Gr1/Gr 2 races across the country, and fires just about every time. We need more horses like BL and I'd much rather praise her than some flash that runs a couple of faster races early in its career and then declines/disappears-- a sadly common occurrence these days. Congrats to her and Hollendorfer.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #28
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadWorld
Except when she shipped across country to run at Philly Park instead of against Zenyatta in the Lady's Secret. Your whole argument falls apart after that.
Well, not really. It made more sense to prep on real dirt, as the Z camp might agree in hindsight.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore
Let me make clear I am a PROUD Rachel Alexandra fan. Why would I be disgruntled? Is she not the greatest filly or mare to ever race? Don't take my word for it. Ask John Nerud. She rates slightly ahead of Ruffian and Personal Ensign.
I'm a RA fan as well. But let me just say, what you just wrote is the most ridiculous piece of prose I've read on here in a LONG time...

I'm not sure how anyone can take you seriously, but that was evident a long time ago and you've only been on here mere hours...
Old 07-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
nijinski

Zenyatta is well over a cut above Blind Luck and I think Dorf knew that .
Blind Luck however is a class act and as hard knocking as they come but
she is beatable and yes although she beat Havre de Grace yesterday ,Havre
has beaten her too. As well as Mi Sueno , She Be Wild , Crisp and Swich.
Those five have beaten her and Zenyatta 's only defeat came from a Colt.

Last edited by nijinski; 07-17-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Closed Thread