Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #106
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
No genius, any real profitable player out there (they are 1 in 10,000) actually knows I speak the truth. I'm not on here to win anyone over or to sway anyone. I love it when people mock me and disagree with me. It reinforces that I should just keep betting as there are a lot of unseasoned players out there that believe hooplah and kool aid.

He might have won the TC but he's no champion in my eyes and my eyes, parimutually are all that matter and if I'm betting parimutually, I'm happy my logical opinion is against the masses opinion.

From a breeder's perspective, it is also important to understand how good or bad AP's Belmont Stakes performance was compared to other ones.

If you have a great mare, do you send her to AP because he is fashionable, but unproven? Or do you send her to a more established sire?
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #107
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
From a breeder's perspective, it is also important to understand how good or bad AP's Belmont Stakes performance was compared to other ones.

If you have a great mare, do you send her to AP because he is fashionable, but unproven? Or do you send her to a more established sire?
That is an excellent and interesting question. I'd rather go to a proven sire that has overcome adversity to be victorious. From a heart perspective and from a true talent perspective.

Your thoughts?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #108
minethatbird08

Quote:
Sorry if i think with logic and not with your kool aid on how good AP is.

Want to prove me wrong? Tell me 1 thing he did from a trip, pace perspective, in any of his races, that was impressive. Go ahead, I dare you. Just 1.....
Won the Derby with a wide trip after acting up. It was a clean trip no doubt but great horses make there trips.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #109
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by minethatbird08
Won the Derby with a wide trip after acting up. It was a clean trip no doubt but great horses make there trips.
Wide trip? since when does a 3 wide trip stalking in a race that ran 321 where 10 horses were accordioned (and still finished better than him) and where the pace was a joke with a slow end A ROUGH TRIP?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:54 PM   #110
depalma113

Quote:
No pal, I'm not a Hulkamania loving, root for the American hero chalk eating weasel. I know greatness when I see it.

AP was not impressive. His pace was equal to race 6, yes for older horses, yes it was 2/5 faster than Coach Inge but it was done with zero competition from the only pace horse in the race.

you want talent, look at a horse who wins 2 duels in 1 race and holds off a closer. Find a horse who is stressed through the fastest part of a race and finds the guts to win.

AP had 3 different type of cakewalk scenarios vs. horses who were compromised in all 3 TC races. He overcame ZERO obstacles.

He is no superhorse. Sorry to be a debbie downer. I've seen 50 claimers who were more impressive than this horse.
You've seen 50 claimers better than a Triple Crown winner? You might as well just stop now. You are looking more and more like a whining jealous fool with every post you write.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #111
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Slow?? He ran 24+, 48+ and 73 thru 6f.

How fast did you want him to go in a 12f race where you would think it was okay?

He was leading W2W, so why go faster. He is fortunate he wasn't pressed during the early part.

It's been a couple of hours are you still pondering away?
I agree with Rex, but I'd also say that Espinoza did a great job riding. He only did what he had to do to win.

I'd say the pace was Average Early / Average Late or maybe Average Early / Fast Late.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #112
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113
You've seen 50 claimers better than a Triple Crown winner? You might as well just stop now. You are looking more and more like a whining jealous fool with every post you write.

I'm not jealous. I'm happy for all involved 1) the game 2) the fans who love him and wagered on him 3) the owner/jockey/trainer etc.

I am just analyzing his effort as if I was analyzing a 10 claimer at Mountaineer on a Monday night as true winning horseplayers do.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #113
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Not my point. Pletcher said he's going to the lead no matter what. Gate opens, AP is not out quick. JV is out well, JV is not sending.

If if didn't know better, this race seemed fixed like a 4 claimer at Penn.

if JV goes hell bent to the lead, 2 scenarios happen:

1) AP earns an unmistakable Belmont win

2) AP loses to frosted.

now to me, it was a joke of a cakewalk for the chalk.
Yes, 3rd time Espinoza broke his horse slow in the Belmont, admittedly not as bad as War Emblem or C.C. Frosted out broke both AP and Materiality. Frosted Jocks grabs, which gave J.V. Materiality every chance to go to the lead. Thus, the question why did J.V. grab too and inherent second because Frosted was held even more?

Maybe J.V. knew his horse didn't have it in him today? Sure looks that way based on the fade of Materiality.

Also, no other horse wanted to challenge A.P. Why? Maybe because they all thought A.P. couldn't get the distance and they could catch the tiring horse or maybe they thought they could not run with A.P.(see Mr. Z)? So yes it did turn into a cakewalk, because A.P. was too much horse for the rest.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 06-06-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #114
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
Perhaps Pioneerof The Nile?
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #115
highnote

Quote:
That is an excellent and interesting question. I'd rather go to a proven sire that has overcome adversity to be victorious. From a heart perspective and from a true talent perspective.

Your thoughts?

Just like in betting, choosing a sire depends on the price.

Had AP been 6/5 or better today I'd have made a win bet on him.

If his stud fee is $50,000 I'd probably pass and look for a better value. If his stud fee was $25,000 it might be worth taking a shot just because you might be able to sell the filly or colt for a lot more than that.

I'd have to think about it some more. But my feeling is that he'll be overpriced as a freshman sire.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #116
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Pincay had the horse to challenge Secretariat. None of these horses had that type of quality.
To add to your statement, Sham finished dead last because of that challenge. Maybe the jocks and trainers knew their horses better than we do. Maybe they knew AP was the real deal. All I know is that AP ran a steady race in full control and came home with a top 5 all time Belmont time.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:01 PM   #117
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113
Could not agree more. Great job calling AP from the get go
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #118
HILLJERRY2269

Pace

The splits were amazing. Each one a consistent 24+
A machine.
HILLJERRY2269 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #119
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Yes, 3rd time Espinoza broke his horse slow in the Belmont, admittedly not as bad as War Emblem or C.C. Frosted out broke both AP and Materiality. Frosted Jocks grabs, which gave J.V. Materiality every chance to go to the lead. Thus, the question why did J.V. grab too and inherent second because Frosted was held even more?

Maybe J.V. knew his horse didn't have it in him today? Sure looks that way based on the fade of Materiality.

Also, no other horse wanted to challenge A.P. Why? Maybe because they all thought A.P. couldn't get the distance and they could catch the tiring horse or maybe they thought they could not run with A.P.? So yes it did turn into a cakewalk, because A.P. was too much horse for the rest.
If a horse runs away going 6 or 7 or 8 furlongs and rattles off excellent fractions, yes, I get it that NO ONE can run with them.

I don't care if JV was riding a 5 claimer. Any pig can go faster than 24 48 in a 12 FURLONG event. Especially a horse of the talent of Materiality.

So my conclusion is 1 of the following 3:

1) JV is braindead(very likely, had been so for many years except for when he pumps to death on a Pletcher 2Yo in a 5F race). Hard to screw that up

2) The plan was to say we will go in an attempt to make AP go faster than he wants to secure a lead AND sit 2nd in hopes he can't get 1 1/2 miles

3) Scott Bakula quantum leaped into JV's mind 5 seconds before the gate opened and of course Scott had no clue what the plan was.

Besides all that, I did say a week ago. AP's only chance was to walk through 1M and sprint home. An unlikely scenario but of course, the rocket scientists of 2015 (Johnny V and his colleagues) somehow allowed that to happen in a 12 FURLONG RACE!!!!

So in other words, the usual NYRA occurence happened again. CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE and pray lightning hits the leader LMAO
Old 06-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #120
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete
Perhaps Pioneerof The Nile?

Good one !!!!!