Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-06-2015, 09:05 PM   #121
elhelmete

Yeah those NYRA vets Desormeaux, Smith, and Gary Stevens.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:06 PM   #122
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
Just like in betting, choosing a sire depends on the price.

Had AP been 6/5 or better today I'd have made a win bet on him.

If his stud fee is $50,000 I'd probably pass and look for a better value. If his stud fee was $25,000 it might be worth taking a shot just because you might be able to sell the filly or colt for a lot more than that.

I'd have to think about it some more. But my feeling is that he'll be overpriced as a freshman sire.
I agree. Great points. Not much too add. Value is the key from any angle
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:06 PM   #123
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Dressed up trips make good horses look great. But why focus on such irrelevant factors when discussing horse racing ?
So no credit to AP for being the only horse in the field to run three times in five weeks? And then running a 2:26 and change.

Definitely a claimer.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:06 PM   #124
classhandicapper

The part of his performance that impressed me the most was his last quarter mile. It was 100% the opposite of what I was expecting. I thought he'd be on the lead, have to repulse a few challenges, and then they'd all stagger. He came home in 24.32. Moderate pace or not, that's serious racehorse time at 12F. There's no doubt he's a great horse that belongs on the list of Triple Crown winners. He has speed, stamina, and versatility.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #125
Neumeier

I cried!

I really hope they run him til they end of the year like they said!
Neumeier is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #126
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete
Yeah those NYRA vets Desormeaux, Smith, and Gary Stevens.
No pal. JV and Irad (from the rail).

Second of all, how could Gary, Kent and Mikey go after him ? They are on the 3 stone closers of the race.

Want proof the pace was a joke? Keen ice was within 3 on the BACKSTRETCH!!!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:08 PM   #127
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
So no credit to AP for being the only horse in the field to run three times in five weeks? And then running a 2:26 and change.
It was a fantastic performance---accomplishing something no one else has in 37 years, blowing away the field in a very fast time. What else has to be said? Be glad you got a chance to see it because it was a long time coming.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:08 PM   #128
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
No pal. JV and Irad (from the rail).

Second of all, how could Gary, Kent and Mikey go after him ? They are on the 3 stone closers of the race.

Want proof the pace was a joke? Keen ice was within 3 on the BACKSTRETCH!!!
Kent didn't get the fax from Chris Kay to GRAB GRAB GRAB.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:09 PM   #129
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
The part of his performance that impressed me the most was his last quarter mile. It was 100% the opposite of what I was expecting. I thought he'd be on the lead, have to repulse a few challenges, and then they'd all stagger. He came home in 24.32. Moderate pace or not, that's serious racehorse time at 12F. There's no doubt he's a great horse that belongs on the list of Triple Crown winners. He has speed, stamina, and versatility.

if 24.32 is serious racehorse time then I want you to wager on Coach Inge in the Breeders Cup Classic at 1/9.

After all he came home in 23.96, he must be the second coming of Secretariat!!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:11 PM   #130
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete
Kent didn't get the fax from Chris Kay to GRAB GRAB GRAB.

LMAO!!!

But in all seriousness, for Keen Ice to be that close, come on.....what a joke.

BTW, Chris Kay was so sincere in his words

Last edited by EMD4ME; 06-06-2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #131
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

C'mon EMD4ME, you said he had no shot, then come in here and pooped on our party. You owe us one thing: How much money did you lose on the race?
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:17 PM   #132
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Slow?? He ran 24+, 48+ and 73 thru 6f.

How fast did you want him to go in a 12f race where you would think it was okay?

He was leading W2W, so why go faster. He is fortunate he wasn't pressed during the early part.

It's been a couple of hours are you still pondering away?
I don't think a 24 first quarter should be fast enough to earn you a length lead in any G1, but it happens all the time in today's racing.

Your second sentence is my entire point, it isn't his fault those behind him let him go that pace. But it would have been nice to see him pressed a little. I mean jesus the horse is going for the triple crown and he goes 1:13.5 for 6 furlongs and noone is even with him?

He ran a winning race, so I take nothing away from him, watching the way he finished I think he could have turned away Materiality and still beat Keen Ice and Frosted. My point is soft leads are becoming too common, especially in routes. I guess jocks are just too afraid of distance limitations on their mounts. Most times Mile or 7f races end up favoring speed less these days because jocks will actually press.

Today the others deserve to get beat, just like those who let Bayern walk last year in the classic deserved it.

I think he did enough to deserve the crown, he won at 12f and he won in a hurricane so I won't go as far as calling him average.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:18 PM   #133
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with Rex, but I'd also say that Espinoza did a great job riding. He only did what he had to do to win.

I'd say the pace was Average Early / Average Late or maybe Average Early / Fast Late.
So, how fast do you think he should have gone in the early fractions?

Quote:
... He only did what he had to do to win...
Again, he led throughout the race. And, I'm learning a lot from everyone's negative responses. I hope you guys see the errors in your posts and are just being blinded by your emotions. If not then good, I hope we end up in the same wagering pools.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #134
Steve R

Quote:
The Met Mile was a more interesting race than the Belmont Stakes, in my opinion. I just saw the replay. Honor Code was perfectly suited for that pace scenario.

Have you made a Performance Figure for the Belmont Stakes and the rest of the card, yet?
I've got the dirt routes so far:

Ogden Phipps S, Wedding Toast, -56
Brooklyn Invitational, Coach Inge, -55
Acorn S, Curalina, -31
Met Mile, Honor Code, -72
Belmont S, American Pharoah, -58
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #135
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard
C'mon EMD4ME, you said he had no shot, then come in here and pooped on our party. You owe us one thing: How much money did you lose on the race?
Not much pal. Only $200.00 Played all supers. Keying forsted first and second, with Keen ice in the 3rd and fourth spots. I did however, throw out AP as I truly believed JV would go with Materiality.

I'm not upset, believe it or not. The Belmont was a token action bet for me, to watch the race.