Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 05-03-2024, 11:09 AM   #1
Sea Biscuit

Jenna MacDonell Is The New Manager At Grand River Raceway

The daughter of Hall of Fame driver Paul MacDonell has taken the reins as the raceway manager at Grand River Raceway just as the beloved Elora, ON track is set to open its new five-eighths mile oval.

by Matthew Lomon

Jenna MacDonell is primed to flourish in her new role at Grand River Raceway. The fourth-generation horseperson, who just this week was sworn-in as the Elora, ON oval’s new raceway manager, has harness racing embedded in her DNA. “I’ve been in this business since before I was born,” MacDonell said. “I truly love the sport and I want to see it go forward. I know how great harness racing is, and that’s something I want everybody to know.” Thrust into the standardbred lifestyle before being able to walk or talk, the daughter of Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame driver Paul MacDonell openly embraced her roots from the outset. “I’ve always worked in the barn since a very young age, totally willingly,” Jenna said with a laugh. “I have two sisters and both of them are involved peripherally, but I’ve always been the one that dove headfirst into the industry.” Jenna has been around pacers and trotters for as long as she can remember. Some, like the iconic Somebeachsomewhere — which her father drove to great acclaim — have left an indelible mark on her family’s life through their exploits on the racetrack. Others, like the modest-earning Twin B M W, have been equally impactful in her world. Owned and trained by her grandfather Blaise MacDonell, the son of Apaches Fame raced 181 times, earning just over $87,000 across 18 wins.

Read more:
https://www.harnessracingupdate.com/.../hru050324.pdf
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2024, 02:45 PM   #2
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit View Post
The daughter of Hall of Fame driver Paul MacDonell has taken the reins as the raceway manager at Grand River Raceway just as the beloved Elora, ON track is set to open its new five-eighths mile oval.

by Matthew Lomon

Jenna MacDonell is primed to flourish in her new role at Grand River Raceway. The fourth-generation horseperson, who just this week was sworn-in as the Elora, ON oval’s new raceway manager, has harness racing embedded in her DNA. “I’ve been in this business since before I was born,” MacDonell said. “I truly love the sport and I want to see it go forward. I know how great harness racing is, and that’s something I want everybody to know.” Thrust into the standardbred lifestyle before being able to walk or talk, the daughter of Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame driver Paul MacDonell openly embraced her roots from the outset. “I’ve always worked in the barn since a very young age, totally willingly,” Jenna said with a laugh. “I have two sisters and both of them are involved peripherally, but I’ve always been the one that dove headfirst into the industry.” Jenna has been around pacers and trotters for as long as she can remember. Some, like the iconic Somebeachsomewhere — which her father drove to great acclaim — have left an indelible mark on her family’s life through their exploits on the racetrack. Others, like the modest-earning Twin B M W, have been equally impactful in her world. Owned and trained by her grandfather Blaise MacDonell, the son of Apaches Fame raced 181 times, earning just over $87,000 across 18 wins.

Read more:
https://www.harnessracingupdate.com/.../hru050324.pdf

I am glad to see that the track has converted from being a half mile track to a 5/8 mile oval.

With this change horse racing in general should improve for the better.
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply