Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-20-2020, 04:28 AM   #76
clicknow

Some of this is getting a bit ridiculous.

I just watched a twitter at Costco where they require masks in the store.
Then a campground where the owner forbids masks in her buildings.

I support both of these.

Some people were harassing the RV campground on twitter. The customer at Costco was hassling the store employee about his "rights" stating that he "woke up in a free country".

Serious question: Do people not realize that private businesses can do what they want if they apply their rules consistently and they do not run afoul of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Do people not read the laws? "To avoid being arbitrary, there must be a reason for refusing service and you must be consistent. There could be a dress code to maintain a sense of decorum, or fire code restrictions on how many people can be in your place of business at one time, or a policy related to the health and safety of your customers and employees. But you can’t just randomly refuse service to someone because you don’t like the way they look or dress."

---This is why "No shirt, no shoes, no service" is legal.
---This is why you don't have to decorate a cake for somebody with swear words if you have a consistent policy against decorating using profanity.

Restaurants, stores, theatres, gyms are all privately owned businesses, and are only bound (as places of public accommodation) to not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or disability.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 11:39 AM   #77
boxcar

I Dedicate this Song to Hcap & All Other Nanny State Sheeple

Old 05-31-2020, 12:34 PM   #78
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I would like you to try and shop at the local Costco without a mask.

You will be tossed out like a rag doll.

Conformity to help public health is not being a sheep.

It’s being generous to your fellow human beings.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 12:38 PM   #79
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So you are condemning all those people the last few nights who didn't social distance and didn't wear face masks as a threat to public health?

Aren't YOU the one who said public safety and quarantined trump constitutional rights, such as the right to assemble and protest? And violating a safety imposed curfew would certainly trump that all, too....right?
Old 05-31-2020, 01:30 PM   #80
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

Allan
I shop all the time at Costco without a mask! I even related my first experience when I did so.

And if I don't wear one at Costco, then you can be dead sure I don't wear one outside or in my car like so many sheeple do.

Besides, even WHO has discouraged mask wearing! Haven't you heard?
Old 05-31-2020, 01:35 PM   #81
boxcar

Quote:

Allan
One other thing: If wearing a mask is bad for me (or anyone else) for any reason, then I must do what is right for me first. If others expect me to protect them, they have it all backwards, for they should assume the responsibility for their own safety by wearing masks that will protect them from others!
Old 05-31-2020, 01:40 PM   #82
ElKabong

Quote:
Since it’s an airborne disease, don’t masks contain ones breath to a reasonable level.

Common sense would dictate that masks have some value to prevent disease. Why would surgeons wear them if they had no value.

Allan
if you have a cheap mask you're breathing in microfibers.

If you wear a mask that's ' not fit for a surgeon' then make sure it's cotton. The ones my wife sells are 100% cotton

To me, the mask wearing thing is only smart if you have a cough. JMO
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 04:28 PM   #83
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So you are condemning all those people the last few nights who didn't social distance and didn't wear face masks as a threat to public health?

Aren't YOU the one who said public safety and quarantined trump constitutional rights, such as the right to assemble and protest? And violating a safety imposed curfew would certainly trump that all, too....right?
Of course. They are being stupid being out Not wearing masks and not social distancing. That goes without saying. It’s the reason I wasn’t in Newark protesting yesterday. Didn’t want to give the protestors covid.

I care about my fellow human beings on the planet.

Allan
Old 05-31-2020, 04:30 PM   #84
biggestal99

Quote:
One other thing: If wearing a mask is bad for me (or anyone else) for any reason, then I must do what is right for me first. If others expect me to protect them, they have it all backwards, for they should assume the responsibility for their own safety by wearing masks that will protect them from others!
You have it backwards.

Masks are to protect the public from your droplets.

Not the other way around.

Allan
Old 05-31-2020, 04:39 PM   #85
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Of course. They are being stupid being out Not wearing masks and not social distancing. That goes without saying. It’s the reason I wasn’t in Newark protesting yesterday. Didn’t want to give the protestors covid.

Allan
Then they crowds SHOULD have been dispersed by the cops.
Wouldn't that be making it adversarial?
By refusing to break up and go home, the night crawlers were putting the entire population at risk....so what should have been the response to quell the threat of a new, more deadly wave of the virus? Obviously, marching alongside them is a no brainer. Would only increase the risk.

I suppose everyone who is out today should be rounded up and confined for 15 days minimum - under arrest if need be.

Trump should probably deploy the military to seal off the cities who have blatantly put us all at risk and noy allow anyone in or out for 15 days.
Martial law would be appropriate when the locals cannot stop it, right?
Old 05-31-2020, 04:40 PM   #86
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Allan
But you don't care if someone burns their stores down.
I got it.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:16 PM   #87
boxcar

Quote:

Allan
Here it is, folks! It takes zero brains to be a liberal. All you have to do is say a few magic words to let the world know that you "care" and are a compassionate human being and at the same time you get to feel good about yourself by stroking your ego.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:17 PM   #88
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
But you don't care if someone burns their stores down.
I got it.
Well...hey...no mere mortal has unlimited compassion, you know?
Old 05-31-2020, 05:26 PM   #89
boxcar

Quote:
You have it backwards.

Masks are to protect the public from your droplets.

Not the other way around.

Allan
If masks are such hot stuff, why did WHO come out against them?

It's obvious you're hopelessly stuck on stupid, but here's another story:

Public Health Experts Keep Changing Their Guidance on Whether or Not to Wear Face Masks for Coronavirus

https://time.com/5794729/coronavirus-face-masks/
Old 05-31-2020, 05:51 PM   #90
hcap

Quote:
If masks are such hot stuff, why did WHO come out against them?

It's obvious you're hopelessly stuck on stupid, but here's another story:

Public Health Experts Keep Changing Their Guidance on Whether or Not to Wear Face Masks for Coronavirus

https://time.com/5794729/coronavirus-face-masks/
Your info is out of date.

Cloth Masks May Prevent Transmission of COVID-19: An Evidence-Based, Risk-Based Approach..22 May 2020

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-2567

Physical distancing, hand hygiene, and disinfection of surfaces are the cornerstones of infection control during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. At the same time, governments, international agencies, policymakers, and public health officials have been debating the validity of recommending use of nonmedical masks by the general public to reduce the transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). We believe that these decisions should be informed by evidence. Although no direct evidence indicates that cloth masks are effective in reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the evidence that they reduce contamination of air and surfaces is convincing and should suffice to inform policy decisions on their use in this pandemic pending further research.

Cloth does not stop isolated virions. However, most virus transmission occurs via larger particles in secretions, whether aerosol (<5 µm) or droplets (>5 µm), which are generated directly by speaking, eating, coughing, and sneezing; aerosols are also created when water evaporates from smaller droplets, which become aerosol-sized droplet nuclei. The point is not that some particles can penetrate but that some particles are stopped, particularly in the outward direction.

.................................................. ..........................
Why 15 US states suddenly made masks mandatory
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/29/212736...hina-hong-kongAmerica’s 180 on masks, explained....May 29,

I guess being an asymptomatic carrier (vector), spreading it around is your version of public service?

Last edited by hcap; 05-31-2020 at 05:52 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply