Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-09-2015, 03:48 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Speaking of bravado, how is Chris Christie doing? Is he still in the race?

Also, do you really think my opinion or ET's opinion will influence the electorate? I really wish that were the case.
You're funny.

As if I EVER came CLOSE to posting about Christie as much as you've posted about Trump.

Hell, I don't even post about Trump as much as you've posted about Trump.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #17
reckless
Veteran

Hasn't been mentioned much here, and especially not by the mainstream media, but the great Ted Cruz won the Fox Business debate hands down.

Cruz clearly reminded the GOP primary voters across this country that many of the candidates on the podium (primarily the rejected Jeb Bush and the obnoxious phony John Kasich) were for open borders and amnesty and for bailing out the corrupt and too-big-to-fail banks.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #18
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You're funny.

As if I EVER came CLOSE to posting about Christie as much as you've posted about Trump.

Hell, I don't even post about Trump as much as you've posted about Trump.
All true, but you've noted my repeated posts about Trump. It's as if you're obsessed with my obsession. At the end of the day, all should be fine as Rubio emerges as the candidate, at least that's my hope. At that point, I will turn my attention to Hillary.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #19
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Hasn't been mentioned much here, and especially not by the mainstream media, but the great Ted Cruz won the Fox Business debate hands down.

Cruz clearly reminded the GOP primary voters across this country that many of the candidates on the podium (primarily the rejected Jeb Bush and the obnoxious phony John Kasich) were for open borders and amnesty and for bailing out the corrupt and too-big-to-fail banks.
Too funny - praise for Cruz at the same time calling Kasich "phony." Cruz is the ultimate performer (and he's really bright).
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 12:42 PM   #20
Clocker

Quote:
That's not what the polls say.

Quote:
Donald Trump and Marco Rubio won Tuesday’s night primetime Republican debate, according to an overnight poll of Internet users who watched the contest, but Mr. Trump came out as the favorite among Republicans and left the best impression about his ability to serve as president.

Some 24% of debate-viewers named Mr. Trump and 23% picked Mr. Rubio as the winner of the eight-candidate event, which was sponsored by the Wall Street Journal and Fox Business News. Ted Cruz and Ben Carson followed, with 13% declaring each to have won.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/1...te-poll-finds/

A Drudge poll says Trump 34.9%, Cruz second at 23.7%.

http://drudgereport.com/now2.htm
Old 11-12-2015, 12:46 PM   #21
classhandicapper

I came away from it more convinced that Cruz is the only one crazy enough to try to do the right things on multiple fronts.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:49 PM   #22
reckless
Veteran

By the time the next GOP debate arrives, the great Ted Cruz will have destroyed the lying lightweight, Marco Rubio, exposing him as a phony conservative who is in the pockets of hedge fund billionaires.

Ted Cruz will remind GOP voters this it was Rubio joining forces with the sleazy uber liberal Chuck Schumer to pass an open borders/amnesty bill in the US Senate.

Marco Rubio is for open borders and amnesty; he supports illegal immigration.

Anyone that doesn't know all this needs to brush up on this svengalli -- especially if they think Rubio is a conservative.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #23
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I came away from it more convinced that Cruz is the only one crazy enough to try to do the right things on multiple fronts.
It doesn't matter how good your ideas are if you can't get anything done. Cruz is the Rodney Dangerfield of the Senate. He don't get no respect, even from his own party.

Quote:
Ted Cruz can’t even get a protest vote in the Senate anymore.

On Monday night, Cruz’s colleagues ignored his attempt to disrupt Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s efforts to fund the government without attacking Planned Parenthood. In an unusual rebuke, even fellow Republicans denied him a “sufficient second” that would have allowed him a roll call vote.

Then, his Republican colleagues loudly bellowed “no” when Cruz sought a voice vote, a second repudiation that showed how little support Cruz has: Just one other GOP senator — Utah’s Mike Lee — joined with Cruz as he was overruled by McConnell and his deputies.

It was the second time that Cruz had been denied a procedural courtesy that’s routinely granted to senators in both parties. The first came after he called McConnell a liar this summer.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #24
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
That's not what the polls say.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/1...te-poll-finds/

A Drudge poll says Trump 34.9%, Cruz second at 23.7%.

http://drudgereport.com/now2.htm
Clocker, I believe in just one poll -- what my eyes saw and my ears heard.

Ted Cruz won the debate the other night as I saw it. The issues I value were best addressed by Cruz.

The rest means little to me. Trump had a great debate too. As did Rand Paul. But I also didn't really see anyone say that Kasich is a fool and should get out, or that Bush's message is out of touch and his campaign is toast. Nor was it mentioned that Carly could be shrill and incoherent at times, as she was this week. Since debate No. 2, Carly's support has wavered but no one here says she's peaked.

Trump has been primarily first in National polls for just about 120 days -- give or take a few days per Ben Carson's recent rally... yet, how many here have said Trump has peaked? Or hit a ceiling. Too many have, which is laughable.

Rubio did not 'win' in any way imaginable. He didn't address the issue of illegal immigration or the fact that he is bought, owned and paid for by left wing pro amnesty/illegal immigration billionaires.

So, those that think otherwise -- internet voters, left wing news outlets, political neophytes, may have thought, said or implied that the lightweight Rubio 'won', but those opinions are useless to any serious person.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:26 PM   #25
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
It doesn't matter how good your ideas are if you can't get anything done. Cruz is the Rodney Dangerfield of the Senate. He don't get no respect, even from his own party.
What happened above to Cruz and Mike Lee, not just now, but it also happened many times in the past, is a darker reflection on the remaining GOP senators, and not on Cruz or Lee.

Why is it so important for them to get along with McConnell, McCain, Graham and the other GOP losers when the GOP agenda of liberalism, crony capitalism, anti Americanism, illegal immigration and outright surrender is everything against the patriotic values of Cruz and Lee?

You and others may think badly of Cruz because of all that but the American people know full well the courage of Cruz (and Lee) in battling these losers.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:36 PM   #26
Clocker

Quote:

So, those that think otherwise -- internet voters, left wing news outlets, political neophytes, may have thought, said or implied that the lightweight Rubio 'won', but those opinions are useless to any serious person.
Maybe so, but their votes count the same come next November.

Whatever his strengths, Cruz is not a likable person. More and more, as the attention span of the average voter grows shorter and shorter, likability is a major factor in the presidential race. Cruz did relatively well in those polls about the debate, but those polled are self-identified as likely GOP primary voters. Those aren't the people who decide the general election.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:38 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Marco Rubio is for open borders and amnesty; he supports illegal immigration.
Actions speak louder than words.
This little twerp can say anything he wants.
He was a part of the Gang of 8.
He run on that record and he can't run from it.

I'd like to see HIS papers.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:45 PM   #28
Clocker

Quote:

Why is it so important for them to get along with McConnell, McCain, Graham and the other GOP losers
Because if he doesn't, he is unlikely to get nominated, let alone elected. And if elected, he is dead in the water as far as being able to implement his policies. If he can't even get along with his own party, how can he lead the government?

I am not saying anything about Cruz's ideas, I am saying that I don't think he is electable.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #29
classhandicapper

Quote:
I don't disagree, but that's because they are mostly incompetent, corrupt, etc... They are just less incompetent than the democrats.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #30
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Because if he doesn't, he is unlikely to get nominated, let alone elected. And if elected, he is dead in the water as far as being able to implement his policies. If he can't even get along with his own party, how can he lead the government?

I am not saying anything about Cruz's ideas, I am saying that I don't think he is electable.
The great Ted Cruz does get along with his party -- the American citizens that are registered Republicans plus the (few) truly independent conservatives -- that are his supporters.

It is the corrupt, anti-American donor wing of the GOP -- the banking cabal, the hedge fund gonifs, Fortune 1000 one world villains and a few PA-OT posters here that hate Ted Cruz.