Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
MightBeSosa
Veteran

TVG wises up after 13 years and drops ridiculous 25c fee

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...free-streaming
MightBeSosa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
JimG

Interesting that not long after Allevato out, this positive change comes. Of course, it would have been more effective had it been done before some of the other ADW's gained a foothold with customers. Thanks for posting.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I did have to laugh yesterday when I heard a few blunders on TVG. First, some guy said tonight we'll have racing from "Charleston", then Greg Wolf said at Aqueduct you get two for the price of one in the 9th on the entry, when half the entry was scratched.

I watch both HRTV and TVG and I don't complain much about either. I think they both have strengths and weaknesses. HRTV shows more races, which is great, but they sure do sure a ton of them on replay. They don't keep you updated on post times near as well as TVG. TVG, on the other hand, seems to show more live races, but not nearly as many races overall.

Anyway, off topic, sorry, but I can't use either one to wager in Oklahoma. They should have cut out the $20 per month fee a long time ago.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I did have to laugh yesterday when I heard a few blunders on TVG. First, some guy said tonight we'll have racing from "Charleston", then Greg Wolf said at Aqueduct you get two for the price of one in the 9th on the entry, when half the entry was scratched.

I watch both HRTV and TVG and I don't complain much about either. I think they both have strengths and weaknesses. HRTV shows more races, which is great, but they sure do sure a ton of them on replay. They don't keep you updated on post times near as well as TVG. TVG, on the other hand, seems to show more live races, but not nearly as many races overall.

Anyway, off topic, sorry, but I can't use either one to wager in Oklahoma. They should have cut out the $20 per month fee a long time ago.
That entry, the much stronger half was scratched leaving you with a horse who on his own should have been 50-1 or higher...nice job of Greg of putting some people onto a no hoper.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
usedtolovetvg

Rumor has it that there are more big changes coming at TVG. Dropping those fees has to have a major impact on the bottom line. TVG had a lot more small players than any other ADW. Maybe dumping Allevato's salary makes up for the fees.
usedtolovetvg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
Valuist

How could Allevato kept that job as long as he did? He's also the same guy that wanted to show less racing, and more talking heads. It only took 13 years to figure out he was the problem.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #7
redshift1

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtolovetvg
Rumor has it that there are more big changes coming at TVG. Dropping those fees has to have a major impact on the bottom line. TVG had a lot more small players than any other ADW. Maybe dumping Allevato's salary makes up for the fees.

Another rumor post?
redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
upthecreek

Todd T Schrupp Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1
Another rumor post?
Anyone notice that Todd T hasnt been on air for 2 weeks-no mention from Pauly Simon etc
No tweets from him since 3/17 He always had a Q&A session on Wednesdays?
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek
Anyone notice that Todd T hasnt been on air for 2 weeks-no mention from Pauly Simon etc
No tweets from him since 3/17 He always had a Q&A session on Wednesdays?
Its been a lot of Gino and the Sundance Kid........2 guys who are younger and much cheaper. Hmmmmm.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
castaway01

Even when TVG does something positive, the usual suspects have to show up with their "rumors" and "speculation" garbage and make that the topic of the thread instead.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #11
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

Always fun to hear talk about entries being "two for the price of one".
BS........you're always paying the price for multiple horses.

Of course, it's even more laughable when a TVG professional
makes a stupid statement like that - with half the entry scratched.

Don't get me started on entries.
How many times have you liked a horse who is part of an entry, but don't want anything to do with the other half?
You are getting at least several points less on your odds (especially in a smaller field) just because of the coupling. Entries are a crock.......

Last edited by horses4courses; 03-23-2013 at 08:29 AM.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

When I first started going to the track, there was nothing as good as seeing a in the program.....two for one! Man, those were automatic bets back then.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Always fun to hear talk about entries being "two for the price of one".
BS........you're always paying the price for multiple horses.

Of course, it's even more laughable when a TVG professional
makes a stupid statement like that - with half the entry scratched.

Don't get me started on entries.
How many times have you liked a horse who is part of an entry, but don't want anything to do with the other half?
You are getting at least several points less on your odds (especially in a smaller field) just because of the coupling. Entries are a crock.......
I always thought it was two for the price of TWO!

Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #14
Edward DeVere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
. HRTV shows more races, which is great, but they sure do sure a ton of them on replay.
Until today, that is, when HRTV decided that guys beating on drums at Santa Anita was infinitely more exciting than full cards from Fair Grounds and Oaklawn.
Edward DeVere is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward DeVere
Until today, that is, when HRTV decided that guys beating on drums at Santa Anita was infinitely more exciting than full cards from Fair Grounds and Oaklawn.
Today was REALLY bad.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply