Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #316
carlonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Who are these people you write of? Certainly not me. Hell, I posted more than once over the last many months that RA should not race in the BCC because she can't beat the best of the best out there in terms of males.

I wrote the same about Zenyatta. At least one of them will be around to prove me correct.

Some of us will be more concerned with your attitude when you are proven incorrect.
carlonr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #317
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlonr
Some of us will be more concerned with your attitude when you are proven incorrect.
Yes, he's got your example from the Queen's Plate silliness to live up to.
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #318
Grits

27 pages, maybe the first two or three heralding the campaign of one of the greatest fillies of our time. One of the greatest this sport has ever known. EVER!

CarlonR, steps in--in bold, red font fashion and manages to make the remaining pages of this thread about himself. Not to mention, his time stamp is off. Sadly, he and others attempt to ingratiate themselves with the wealth of what they know, or what they've known for a long while, taking away from what this filly did on the racetrack. All for the purpose of opening the floodgates, yet again for more arguments for Zenyatta?

This is a shame, each horse deserves far better. Redboarding sucks, don't care how one presents it.

I'll sure look forward to Zenyatta's swan song--maybe she'll be afforded 100+ more pages of knowledgable bull****.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #319
BluegrassProf

... x50.
BluegrassProf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #320
Grits

No, my mistake, make that 22 pages.

Rock on, guys.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #321
carlonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
27 pages, maybe the first two or three heralding the campaign of one of the greatest fillies of our time. One of the greatest this sport has ever known. EVER!

CarlonR, steps in--in bold, red font fashion and manages to make the remaining pages of this thread about himself. Not to mention, his time stamp is off. Sadly, he and others attempt to ingratiate themselves with the wealth of what they know, or what they've known for a long while, taking away from what this filly did on the racetrack. All for the purpose of opening the floodgates, yet again for more arguments for Zenyatta?

This is a shame, each horse deserves far better. Redboarding sucks, don't care how one presents it.

I'll sure look forward to Zenyatta's swan song--maybe she'll be afforded 100+ more pages of knowledgable bull****.
For your information, I requested on this board that an RA supporter start an official RA tribute page. This particular thread started as a mere informative news item, which suggests to me that there will be commentary of varying degrees. I will say again. If all you and others want to do is pay tribute to RA then simply start a tribute thread and give some guidelines in the initial post. Nowhere in the beginning of this thread did I see that there could be only positive comments and no comparisions would be allowed.

Secondly, the RA/ Zenyatta debate is forever inbedded in American horseracing folklore. Any attempt to pretend that it is not would be an exercise in futility.

Last edited by carlonr; 10-01-2010 at 06:03 PM.
carlonr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #322
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
For your information, I requested on this board that an RA supporter start an official RA tribute page. This particular thread started as a mere informative news item, which suggests to me that there will be commentary of varying degrees. I will say again. If all you and others want to do is pay tribute to RA then simply start a tribute thread and give some guidelines in the initial post. Nowhere in the beginning of this thread did I see that there could be only positive comments and no comparisions would be allowed.

Secondly, the RA/ Zenyatta debate is forever inbedded in American horseracing folklore. Any attempt to pretend that it is not would be an exercise in futility.
I got a kick out of this article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...emy&id=5634592
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #323
Investorater

....\o/ RACHEL ALEXANDRA \o/....
Investorater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 06:30 PM   #324
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Thanks for posting this, andy...
that article is maybe the best thing I've read in a long time...talk about hitting the nail on the head...fact is, IMO, the article is perfect ...I especially agree with his point about taking the fun out of having Rachel & Zenyatta by way of bashing, trashing and tossing the greatness of both horses right out the window because of it...

I am happy that I allowed myself to disregard so much of the fighting between who's better and all that...I allowed myself to totally enjoy both Rachel & Zenny...was I completely happy with the way each has been campaigned...nope...but what my eyes saw, what my heart felt, is that each is a great horse, I adored them both and loved every minute of the ride they gave us (talking here as if Zen is done too, but it's the only way I can do it)...but since Zen has 2 more races to go, I'll take this time to say...

RACHEL...THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, THANKS FOR ALL YOU GAVE, AND YOU GAVE IT ALL

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey

Last edited by joanied; 10-01-2010 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #325
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanied
Thanks for posting this, andy...
that article is maybe the best thing I've read in a long time...talk about hitting the nail on the head...fact is, IMO, the article is perfect ...I especially agree with his point about taking the fun out of having Rachel & Zenyatta by way of bashing, trashing and tossing the greatness of both horses right out the window because of it...
I am happy that I allowed myself to disregard so much of the fighting between who's better and all that...I allowed myself to totally enjoy both Rachel & Zenny...was I completly happy with the way each has been campaigned...nope...but what my eyes saw, what my heart felt, is that each is a great horse, I adored them both and loved every minute of the ride they gave us (talking here as if Zen is done too, but it's the nly way I can do it)...but since Zen has 2 more races to go, I'll take this time to say...

RACHEL...THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, THANKS FOR ALL YOU GAVE, AND YOU GAVE IT ALL
I should have started a thread with it. I know the fighting gets out of hand sometimes and things get nasty but at the same time when you sit back and think about the wars it's kind of funny. Maybe I'm just a sick man but I laughed quite a bit when I read the article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...emy&id=5634592

Last edited by andymays; 10-01-2010 at 06:35 PM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #326
born2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits

Well said.
born2ride is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #327
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Is carl going to simply ignore this?

Quote:
For the record... I said RA would be (not SHOULD BE) retired early. and I said this before her first race this year.
No you did NOT. Your first post on this website is dated May 24, 2010.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply