Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #61
RXB

To be fair to Eastie, he was correct in disputing the erroneous claim that it took Z six-and-change. Just went a little overboard.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #62
born2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastie
try learning how to read a chart, or learning how to add there smartass. And don't be talking smack out of turn about the queen...you follow ? she came home in less than 5 1/2 seconds.
Add? You mean subtract smartass. No need to do either the chart lists the last 1/16 as 6.11. Which chart is showing her last 1/16 at 5.5 seconds?
born2ride is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:18 PM   #63
pandy

under 6

I believe she ran the final 1/16 in 5.2 seconds in her last race. There's no question that her closing speed is in a area where very few horses now or ever could duplicate. On my computer system she has the strongest Kick ratings of any horse since I started using the system back in 1996, by far.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #64
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
They don't stay in back yard like your superstar do they??
I like that Charlie,
They say she is too slow to be great.
But she is a "Superstar".
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #65
Charlie D

Stop believing the hype - she is just a good horse. There will be another one along in 2011, just like there was one or two in 2009, 2008, 2007 etc etc.

Last edited by Charlie D; 10-02-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #66
born2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I believe she ran the final 1/16 in 5.2 seconds in her last race. There's no question that her closing speed is in a area where very few horses now or ever could duplicate. On my computer system she has the strongest Kick ratings of any horse since I started using the system back in 1996, by far.
5.97. She has a strong late kick that few could duplicate or match, but then again there aren't many true deep closers like her to measure against.
born2ride is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #67
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2ride
Add? You mean subtract smartass. No need to do either the chart lists the last 1/16 as 6.11. Which chart is showing her last 1/16 at 5.5 seconds?
Well, the chart is for the leader. She wasn't the leader with a 1/16 to go. There is no call with a 1/16 to go, so you really can't get the winner's last 1/16 from the chart. Who really cares anyway?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #68
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2ride
5.97. She has a strong late kick that few could duplicate or match, but then again there aren't many true deep closers like her to measure against.
Again, how is anyone measuring last 1/16ths, especially to that precision?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #69
rstone

Regardless of the schedule she has ran so far this year and the competition level, the Classic will be where we really see if she's still got it like she had it last year.

If she wins the Classic again, there won't be any legitimate talking points to put her down with, it's going to be a pretty good field and her greatness will be undeniable.

If she loses the Classic, it will raise many questions about where to rank her overall, though she still accomplished an amazing feat to this point.

For me personally, I'm just glad I get to watch a horse like this run, any time there is doubt in my mind whether it be halfway down the stretch tonight, or in the Clement Hirsch last year, or before going to the window at the BC Classic last year, hell, even on the far turn in the Classic last year, she ends up erasing that doubt. Being a closer, she is more susceptible to bad trips(like the classic) or not having a legitimate pace to run at(which happens to her often), and she still wins, which is what truly amazes me about her.
rstone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #70
WJ47

Every time she runs I don't think she's going to get up there in time. Every time I'm moaning and clutching my heart with chest pains screaming, "OMG, she's gonna get beat!" Then she manages to win. I love how she just gets up in the final yards. I love how she paws the ground and marches around; she seems very intelligent for a horse.

I know many people doubt her because she's only raced on synthetics and the quality of the competition she's faced is questionable, but I think that she's great for racing. It's such a thrill when she runs. I put $2 to place on the other four horses in the race when I saw the bridgejumping in the place pool and then wildly cheered for Zenyatta to win!

I do have doubts of how she will do in Kentucky when she faces the likes of Blame, Lookin At Lucky and Quality Road. I'd love to see her win it and retire undefeated.
WJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #71
Charlie D

Quote:
think that she's great for racing

Can't argue with above and you'd have to be mad to think good horses were not great for racing.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 AM   #72
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Wonder what horse racing would be like if other connections campaigned thier horses in a similar manner.

No races like todays JCGC until Classic i guess.

If they come up with one who can win 19 in a row, they an handle him anyway they feel like. Today's JCGC was a real yawner. At least there was some action on the left coast.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:03 AM   #73
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Stop believing the hype - she is just a good horse. There will be another one along in 2011, just like there was one or two in 2009, 2008, 2007 etc etc.
I dunno...I don't remember one like her since Cigar. And, no offense to Cigar, but he was boring as all hell. Vanilla Champion.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #74
Charlie D

Quote:
If they come up with one who can win 19 in a row, they an handle him anyway they feel like. Today's JCGC was a real yawner. At least there was some action on the left coast.
Just read JCGC day handle was up 19.7% and attendance was up 38% on last year, so it can't have been that boring Tom.

Quote:
I dunno...I don't remember one like her since Cigar

C'mon, your a decent capper from what i've seen and i think you know she has been beating tomato cans on her way to 19-0

Last edited by Charlie D; 10-03-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #75
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Attendance is hardy exciting. Watching an alleged Gr1 field all failing to lift a hoof at any point in the race except one NY Bred is hardly a race for the ages. talk about tomato cans. The JCG was a showcase for mediocrity.

and,

Not the point at all. The only horse in recent years to give me a thrill like Zenn was Rachel's Woodward and, of course Invasor, but he was thee best!
Racing has been pretty absent of what I would call good horses for a long time now. The idea of betting a Zennyatta race never occurred to me.

Last edited by Tom; 10-03-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply