Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-29-2024, 11:13 AM   #1
Inner Dirt

Another fake story about a racist act.

https://www.newsweek.com/i-moved-whi...ppened-1895071

This is a 100% fake story, maybe the woman's recollection was bad. MSN is constantly posting these from various sources, this one was from Newsweek.
Any lefty want to claim this story is true and make a fool out of yourself?
If racism is so rampant like the left claims why all the fake stories on places like MSN?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2024, 11:20 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I glanced at the story quickly...how is it fake?
Old 04-29-2024, 11:33 AM   #3
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I glanced at the story quickly...how is it fake?

She claimed the kid who committed the crime was set free because her parents did not press charges. The kid committed 3 felonies at a minimum, it isn't up to the victim to press charges. Just the act of making an explosive device is a felony in itself. Also hate crime enhancements were not implemented till 1995 she claimed the kid was charged with a hate crime in the 70's.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 04-29-2024 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:50 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
She claimed the kid who committed the crime was set free because her parents did not press charges. The kid committed 3 felonies at a minimum, it isn't up to the victim to press charges. Just the act of making an explosive device is a felony in itself. Also hate crime enhancements were not implemented till 1995 she claimed the kid was charged with a hate crime in the 70's.
According to this DOJ link, the first hate crime statutes were signed into law in 1968

https://www.justice.gov/crt/hate-crime-laws

So what else ya got?
Old 04-29-2024, 12:18 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

Quote:
According to this DOJ link, the first hate crime statutes were signed into law in 1968

https://www.justice.gov/crt/hate-crime-laws

So what else ya got?

The enhancements were not in place till 1995, that is what I got from Wikipedia. The claim the guy was not charged because the family didn't press charges is the major BS part. The guy made and detonated an explosive device.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:07 PM   #6
TJDave

Quote:
how is it fake?
Because he want’s it to be.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:28 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
The enhancements were not in place till 1995, that is what I got from Wikipedia. The claim the guy was not charged because the family didn't press charges is the major BS part. The guy made and detonated an explosive device.
Well, when you find proof that it's actually fake, post it...your thoughts on the matter so far have been a bit sketchy, as I've already pointed out hate crimes were on the books before 1970
Old 04-29-2024, 02:29 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Because he want’s it to be.

Why don't you read the story? Please explain how someone could walk on multiple federal crimes that were felonies, also explain how the FBI could solve that crime in less that 24 hours back then. I bet they were not even on scene that fast.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:33 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This should be an easy story to fact-check...if anyone cared that much.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:36 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Well, when you find proof that it's actually fake, post it...your thoughts on the matter so far have been a bit sketchy, as I've already pointed out hate crimes were on the books before 1970

What part of the guy "allegedly" committed multiple federal crimes that were felonies and walked doesn't smell fake to you?

Also read down to the very bottom.

In my writing, I weave fictional stories about people from different races, backgrounds, and geographical locations who find a way to love and care for each other. My hope is that one day, these stories will become a reality for all of us.

That is pretty much a confession to writing a fake story. The fact anyone believes these constant fake racism stories is alarming, let alone a right winger not spotting fake right off the bat.
Old 04-29-2024, 02:50 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

That wasn't a news story.
It was pretty much an unverrified story by one person.

Where's the beef?
Old 04-29-2024, 04:09 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Take it up with Newsweek I guess...maybe InnerDirt should write them and ask them to verify.

As for the alleged criminal walking on felony charges...how old was he?

If he was a minor, maybe that was taken into consideration? And maybe back in that time they were more lenient on minors if the victim did not wish to press charges?

There are a whole lot of reasons why the story might not be fake. I've already debunked one of your theories...
Old 04-29-2024, 04:25 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Take it up with Newsweek I guess...maybe InnerDirt should write them and ask them to verify.

As for the alleged criminal walking on felony charges...how old was he?

If he was a minor, maybe that was taken into consideration? And maybe back in that time they were more lenient on minors if the victim did not wish to press charges?

There are a whole lot of reasons why the story might not be fake. I've already debunked one of your theories...

Just because hate crimes were on the books, does not mean they were used to enhance penalties. I don't ever remember the phrase hate crime being used 40 years ago. The whole story is obviously fake, the FBI is not going to leave it up to the victim whether to prosecute someone committing multiple federal crimes that are felonies. This crap stokes racial divisiveness.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:04 AM   #14
proximity

face it 'dirt, you may have the highest IQ on pace advantage, but in the world of the woke you have a long way to go pal and your lust for Jayne Kennedy and Tina turner (?) is no get out of jail free card. your first grade years were spent eating play doh and crayons while this woman's were spent rushing to the library every day after school to to research complex topics. her childhood made Greta thunberg's look like pure bliss.

really, although the FBI (who couldn't "find a hooker in a whorehouse") solved the case faster than columbo, and the story had a sitcom ending, I'd just assume it is true to save yourself from combing through days of old Cleveland plain dealers. you are too good of a man!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2024, 01:30 AM   #15
mostpost

The decision to charge or not charge someone ultimately rests with the prosecutor. But that doesn’t mean the prosecutor won’t take the wishes of the victim into account, if the victim refuses to cooperate, it will be difficult to win the case.

This seems to be a case where the young man acted impulsively but thanks to the kindness of the victim, was able to make restitution without going to prison. The prosecutor wisely decided justice was best served in this way.