Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
lamboguy

what a Belmont to follow!

i am tickled pink that i didn't go to the Preakness. now i am going to probably the very best Belmont of all time. i can't wait for all these great horses to get together and lay it all down.

i also love the way this trainer has been handling the star of the show. winning in Belmont will not be any easy task, the horses he faces are all good.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i am tickled pink that i didn't go to the Preakness. now i am going to probably the very best Belmont of all time. i can't wait for all these great horses to get together and lay it all down.

i also love the way this trainer has been handling the star of the show. winning in Belmont will not be any easy task, the horses he faces are all good.

Very best Belmont of all time?..slow down
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

What a horse! With THAT breeding? Are you kidding me. What a great story. !
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
dannyhill

[QUOTE=lamboguy]i am tickled pink that i didn't go to the Preakness. now i am going to probably the very best Belmont of all time. i can't wait for all these great horses to get together and lay it all down./QUOTE]

Secretariat just rolled over.......
dannyhill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
tucker6

[QUOTE=dannyhill]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i am tickled pink that i didn't go to the Preakness. now i am going to probably the very best Belmont of all time. i can't wait for all these great horses to get together and lay it all down./QUOTE]

Secretariat just rolled over.......
... and pooped in the post parade of the 2014 belmont...
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #6
Shelby

I was SO excited to see I'll Have Another run in the Belmont….and then he scratched. I haven't grown attached to CC for some reason, but, yeah, the Belmont will be very exciting!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
bks

This is what Belmont had in mind when it moved the Met Mile and other big races to Belmont Day, yes? Crowd of 160,000?
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

How funny would it be if a horse NAMED California something, who started his career in a 4.5 race on a plastic track won the Triple Crown on the east coast.

You can't make this stuff up.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #9
Dark Horse

I have a hard time forgetting the sickening way the last TC candidate was treated when he came to Belmont. It would be enough for me to consider not sending CC to that place.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Great Race, great card.

Belmont, Met Mile?, ...
Old 05-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #11
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I have a hard time forgetting the sickening way the last TC candidate was treated when he came to Belmont. It would be enough for me to consider not sending CC to that place.
I have a greater time forgetting that it was far more sickening that his owner sold out the morning before the race.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #12
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Secretariat was the greatest Belmont, and unless Chrome can win by 25 lengths, I doubt it will top what Secretariat did in 73.

However, it is going to be a GREAT Belmont. Not the GREATEST, but absolutely GREAT. Best in decades, IMO.

And if I was a movie executive at Disney, I'd be all over Chrome's owners NOW for movie rights, not after the Belmont. The story is poised for a Mega Blockbuster. Bill Nack did a great job IMO researching, studying, and writing his book "Secretariat". I wonder whom will be the "Nack" for Chrome?

Last edited by BettinBilly; 05-17-2014 at 08:50 PM.
BettinBilly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #13
Dark Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
I have a greater time forgetting that it was far more sickening that his owner sold out the morning before the race.
In my book a TC candidate is royalty of horse racing. Let's see how CC is treated by those hospitable &#&$&*.

IHA had a thing going with Lava Man. That was broken up by that idiotic detention barn, where he ended up hurting himself. The whole thing was a great story and celebration of horse racing until the East 'decided' he was cheating. Right. Compare O'Neil's winning percentage with some of the leading trainers in NY. Hypocrites.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #14
Grits

Quote:
In my book a TC candidate is royalty of horse racing. Let's see how CC is treated by those hospitable &#&$&*.

IHA had a thing going with Lava Man. That was broken up by that idiotic detention barn, where he ended up hurting himself. The whole thing was a great story and celebration of horse racing until the East 'decided' he was cheating. Right. Compare O'Neil's winning percentage with some of the leading trainers in NY. Hypocrites.
Sorry, we don't agree. I think you're sadly mistaken about those hospitable &#&$&*, as you term them. The horse was never injured in the detention barn. He had problems all week.

EOC.

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/trip...t-trainer-says

Quote:
After talking to the media, O'Neill led I'll Have Another out of the detention barn and walked him down a path toward the barn where the colt had stayed for most of the time he had been at the track. Since Wednesday, all the Belmont Stakes horses were housed in the same barn with 24-hour surveillance; New York racing officials said it was to ensure the race was run fairly.

"Some people have asked did the detention barn have anything to do with this. Absolutely not. Just a freakish thing," O'Neill said. "I've been hoping and praying he would stay injury-free, and it didn't happen."

O'Neill has been under intense scrutiny throughout the Triple Crown series because of his history of medication violations. He is set to begin a 45-day suspension next month after one of his horses tested positive for excess total carbon dioxide in a race last year.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2014, 01:47 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Which would have been more sickening to you? The supposed way NYRA treated IHA (oh no, God forbid he is treated just like all the other runners in the Belmont Stakes), OR, Doug O'Neil going down in the record books as a trainer of a Triple Crown winner?

I vote the latter...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply