Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-26-2022, 03:25 PM   #166
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
I did say some of it went beyond the knee jerk reaction to do something while the blood was still damp.

But really not even this... part

Hell the Secret Service tried to confiscate the background paperwork from the FFL dealer that Hunter lied on. Who ever Ok'd it did not care to do their Job once the seen Joe Briben sons name.

And back to this crime... it's been reported the 18 year old shooter purchased his weapons legally. Which means he went through a background check. He had on him the nasty looking rifle lots of ammunition and a semi auto handgun. But you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun in Texas. So there you go... he had to of lied on app or some Bureaucrat rubberstamp it or he stole it.

So I guess it's only for those commoners the law abiding citizens... the underbellies and well connect need not apply.

Hey why not have people the selling an automobile privately demand the buyer have a valid DL and see proof of insurance. Why did they not call for that after the mass mow-down at the Christmas Parade. Cause saving life and limb is not the primary objective. Nor is holding the criminals accountable.
You sure about that?
Do some research
Old 05-26-2022, 03:33 PM   #167
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Yeah but at this point I think

Cops barely enforce existing gun laws.
And yet you want more...and you think it will make an impact. How bout we just enforce law we have. For starters.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:35 PM   #168
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Newest headline from WSJ says he was walking around the outside of the school firing shots for 12 minutes before going inside...

OK...now it's just like...WTF?

Attached Images
File Type: gif Screenshot 2022-05-26 163607.gif (312.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-26-2022, 04:38 PM   #169
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
You sure about that?
Do some research
Newsweek says the 18 year old shooter had a handgun with him and in Texas the legal age for a handgun is 21, so there's that.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 04:42 PM   #170
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
And yet you want more...and you think it will make an impact. How bout we just enforce law we have. For starters.
Yes because cops don't have to enforce the majority of what I'm proposing FFLs do.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:43 PM   #171
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Newest headline from WSJ says he was walking around the outside of the school firing shots for 12 minutes before going inside...

Have heard it was 40 minutes and people were shouting at them to enter...

Gonna be interesting seeing this develop.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:44 PM   #172
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Newsweek says the 18 year old shooter had a handgun with him and in Texas the legal age for a handgun is 21, so there's that.
Thanks for using my quote under your name ID. I'm flattered, you gun b***h.

Old 05-26-2022, 04:51 PM   #173
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

This is a major Cluster#*&$. Texas Department of Public Safety held a Press Conference to clear things up and when it was over the press was more confused than when it began.

You remember how they said there was a school resource officer on site and that he exchanged gun fire with the shooter. Now they say there was no such officer present.

It took over ten minutes to respond to the 911 call even though the police station is less than a mile away. They waited an hour for the tactical team from border patrol, while both the town and the county have swat teams.

Parents and other townspeople were begging the police to enter the school and rescue their children. They were handcuffed and pepper sprayed.

The police have a master key to the school, so they could have entered through any door and surprised the gunman. They never used it.

ETA: The evening of the tragedy Governor Abbott attended a fundraiser 300 miles away. At the very least he should ha e been in his office receiving reports and coordinating the investigation.

Last edited by mostpost; 05-26-2022 at 04:53 PM.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 04:53 PM   #174
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Have heard it was 40 minutes and people were shouting at them to enter...

Gonna be interesting seeing this develop.

There have been so many of these type shootings in the last decade I get them mixed up. Wasn't there a school cop who was close to retirement forced to resign or be fired for cowardice or whatever over a recent school shooting for not entering?

Of course the people who were shouting for them to enter get there police procedure knowledge from TV shows and movies which is usually highly unrealistic. I wonder if there was a delay in getting the required information to have an organized and intelligent entrance in mass to the building.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 04:57 PM   #175
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
This is a major Cluster#*&$. Texas Department of Public Safety held a Press Conference to clear things up and when it was over the press was more confused than when it began.

You remember how they said there was a school resource officer on site and that he exchanged gun fire with the shooter. Now they say there was no such officer present.

It took over ten minutes to respond to the 911 call even though the police station is less than a mile away. They waited an hour for the tactical team from border patrol, while both the town and the county have swat teams.

Parents and other townspeople were begging the police to enter the school and rescue their children. They were handcuffed and pepper sprayed.

The police have a master key to the school, so they could have entered through any door and surprised the gunman. They never used it.

ETA: The evening of the tragedy Governor Abbott attended a fundraiser 300 miles away. At the very least he should ha e been in his office receiving reports and coordinating the investigation.

Sounds like someone who gets their police procedure knowledge from watching Walker Texas Ranger. Cliffy, just stop commenting on things you know zero about. You look real stupid.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:03 PM   #176
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
There have been so many of these type shootings in the last decade I get them mixed up. Wasn't there a school cop who was close to retirement forced to resign or be fired for cowardice or whatever over a recent school shooting for not entering?

Of course the people who were shouting for them to enter get there police procedure knowledge from TV shows and movies which is usually highly unrealistic. I wonder if there was a delay in getting the required information to have an organized and intelligent entrance in mass to the building.
1) Yes that was Parkland

2) Protocol is to immediately engage shooter. Brother is Captain on a decent size force and that is SOP.

Edit) at least it is here.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:34 PM   #177
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

85% of school shootings are over in 5 minutes.
An intelligent entrance to a mass shooting in a school is to go in immediately.
Some kids are bleeding out, more can be shot......while law enforcement sticks their thunbs there asses and waits.

Why was there no armed security on site?
Why was a door left unlocked?
Old 05-26-2022, 05:35 PM   #178
Inner Dirt

Quote:
1) Yes that was Parkland

2) Protocol is to immediately engage shooter. Brother is Captain on a decent size force and that is SOP.

Edit) at least it is here.

So it was Parkland, I believe that guy was assigned to that school so he knew the place inside out. No telling what the situation was with the first responders in this case. People need to let the facts and evidence come out before throwing the police under the bus, which seems the trend these days. I hear gunfire all the time where I live, target shooters and hunters,
even outside it is hard to pinpoint where it is coming from. I could imagine inside buildings it would be even harder to pinpoint a shooter.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:41 PM   #179
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
There are also two other mystifying details to this story that have not surfaced yet: One, is that the kid didn't have a driver's license and the grandfather said grandson didn't know how to drive. So...did he walk to school slinging the AR-15 over his shoulder or did someone drive him? If so, who drove him?

Secondly, Texas has pretty stringent school security laws. How did he get inside the school that also has security cameras all around the campus? Did he walk around in broad daylight with that AR-15 looking for an unlocked door? How did he escape the cameras?

Something stinks here...
This explains why he crashed the car in front of the school which was near his grandmother's house, whom he shot and wounded.

I just recently read that the secure door he entered through was not locked.

Last edited by Steve 'StatMan'; 05-26-2022 at 05:44 PM.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2022, 05:51 PM   #180
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Thanks for using my quote under your name ID. I'm flattered, you gun b***h.

Glad I could put a smile on your face Potty.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply