Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-11-2016, 10:38 AM   #256
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
"He should have learned the delegate rules in each state months ago, not in the last week. It's enjoyable to watch him flail, and his sheep whine. When there are established rules, it isn't "stealing" (his favorite line recently) an election. It's the process."

'Naif.'

It's Hillary-larious watching this clown melt down, as he suddenly realizes he should have had ground troops in place, in every important state, to push his addled candidacy and cement & protect any gains!

He did neither, jetting in and out on the Lear, to give the hoi polloi, a few boasts, some hee haw insults and the Royal Wave. While they lapped up his buffoonery, Sneaky Raphael realized the Buffoon Emperor wore NO clothes in the trenches. And, he has been "workin' it boss" behind tye scenes, like the sneaky politico, he is.

Imagine, having a candidate so stupid, that he is cluless to the fact, that his chief opponent is both knowledgeable of the rules and is using them to steal HIS delegates.

Naif? Good God! How could anyone have any confidence in bis ability to 'negotiate' with 'Putin' or 'King Faud' or even the Mexicans, if he is too obtuse to protect himself?
The President "negotiates" only after the table has been set by his administration. Calling him stupid is just another indication you are clueless, but carry on with your political posts they are indeed comical. Hopefully you have more knowledge when it comes to horses than politics.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:48 AM   #257
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
The President "negotiates" only after the table has been set by his administration. Calling him stupid is just another indication you are clueless, but carry on with your political posts they are indeed comical. Hopefully you have more knowledge when it comes to horses than politics.
His first major real estate project on his own would have FAILED except his father bailed him out (google it if you don't believe me).

Four bankruptcies.

Maybe his judgment isn't as great as you believe.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #258
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Look at some of these pictures carefully, doesn't seem like 'true love'

Wife cringing during hugs and ice cream feeding.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-married.html
These self-righteous pricks are always the first ones to be named in salacious scandals...if ANYONE thinks there is no fire with all this smoke, you're kidding yourselves.

Not that this kind of scandal means the end of his run. Not in this day and age. He'll probably be able to deny it enough to keep the run going.

His email address also showed up in the Ashley Madison hack a while back, in case anyone didn't notice.

Of course, anyone could have registered an account using his email address (it's apparently an address available to the public and linked to gov't). But strangely, his was the only one...you'd think if someone was out looking to prank these public figures, more senators than him would have been on this list. Then again, could he be that stupid to use his senate email address?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2016, 11:10 AM   #259
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Doesn't matter. We, the faux Cruz supporters (like me), just need to block the mental case (Trump) from hitting 1,237. At that point, Trump will most likely be out of luck at the convention. But if Trump's still nominated after the first round of votes, I won't whine. The rules are what they are. I won't vote for him, though, as he's a mental case supported mostly by the lowest of low-info voters (some exceptions like Reckless on this board who is high-info voter).

By the way, there are roughly 70 delegates up for grabs in PA. Roughly 25% are allocated to the winner of the state (probably Trump), while the vast majority of the balance are awarded to delegates on the ballot. The ballot doesn't show who the delegates support (crazy stuff). This dynamic plays in Cruz's favor --- you need a ground game and voter education to win these delegates.
Mental case? Damn man...you're making me want to back Trump again with this kind of rhetoric...
Old 04-11-2016, 11:21 AM   #260
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]Mental case? Damn man...you're making me want to back Trump again with this kind of rhetoric...[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the crap that Trump says? He's much more inflammatory. By mental case, I mean he's super, super thin-skinned, and he reacts in an over-the-top fashion to any criticism.

Again? You're now backing Cruz? I will vote Cruz, but only to keep Trump from 1,237. Sorry if you've already stated who has your support - I probably missed it.

Last edited by Saratoga_Mike; 04-11-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:24 AM   #261
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

His email address also showed up in the Ashley Madison hack a while back, in case anyone didn't notice.

...turns out it was 99.9% guys, so I doubt anything happened!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #262
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

[QUOTE=Saratoga_Mike]
Quote:
Mental case? Damn man...you're making me want to back Trump again with this kind of rhetoric...[/QUOTE]

As opposed to the crap that Trump says? He's much more inflammatory. By mental case, I mean he's super, super thin-skinned, and he reacts in an over-the-top fashion to any criticism.

Again? You're now backing Cruz? I will vote Cruz, but only to keep Trump from 1,237. Sorry if you've already stated who has your support - I probably missed it.
Yes you probably did. I'm very wishy washy...
Old 04-11-2016, 11:39 AM   #263
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]
Quote:
Yes you probably did. I'm very wishy washy...
I wasn't implying you were wishy washy. If we block Trump, it will be interesting to see if his backers just don't vote in Nov.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #264
onefast99

Quote:
His first major real estate project on his own would have FAILED except his father bailed him out (google it if you don't believe me).

Four bankruptcies.

Maybe his judgment isn't as great as you believe.
All bankruptcies were corporate. His dad left him and siblings a nice real estate empire he sold it for $600m and got $200m(1/3rd)he turned that into almost $2b yes you are right he wont do anything for the economy....JTFF.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #265
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I have no idea who I am going to vote for.

My current thoughts on Trump are well known from postings lately.

I can't see myself voting for Cruz...but I guess I would have to as opposed to voting for Hillary or not voting.

I will say this. If they try and steal the nomination from either Trump or Cruz I will not vote...which is an odd thing to say considering neither Trump or Cruz are sitting all that well with me at the moment.

I wasn't kidding when I said I was wishy washy.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #266
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
All bankruptcies were corporate. His dad left him and siblings a nice real estate empire he sold it for $600m and got $200m(1/3rd)he turned that into almost $2b yes you are right he wont do anything for the economy....JTFF.
All bankruptcies were corporate. I know that. You and others assert he's a great businessman? Did his father or did his father not bail him out in his first major project? When he actually owns assets, he doesn't do so well. His licensing model works well, though. Great model -- asset-light.

$200 mm to $2 bb. By that line of reasoning, why don't you support Oprah? She came from NOTHING, and she's worth billions. By the way, Trump once mentioned her as a running mate (I believe it was in 1999).
Old 04-11-2016, 12:02 PM   #267
Clocker

Quote:
All bankruptcies were corporate.
They were the result of his poor management decisions. And an indication, perhaps, that he is a lot more concerned and careful about managing his own money than that of others.

Quote:
The bad bet on the Taj Mahal continues to haunt Trump, the leader in the race to become the Republican nominee for president. During recent GOP debates, opponents and journalists have repeatedly asked why he should be trusted to manage the country after losing lenders hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump responded that he was shrewd for using “the laws of the country to my benefit” and has distanced himself from the Taj’s troubles, saying he never personally declared bankruptcy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...mepage%2Fstory
Old 04-11-2016, 12:03 PM   #268
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
All bankruptcies were corporate. I know that. You and others assert he's a great businessman? Did his father or did his father not bail him out in his first major project? When he actually owns assets, he doesn't do so well. His licensing model works well, though. Great model -- asset-light.

$200 mm to $2 bb. By that line of reasoning, why don't you support Oprah? She came from NOTHING, and she's worth billions. By the way, Trump once mentioned her as a running mate (I believe it was in 1999).
So are you trying to assert that Trump is a failure at business?

How is he keeping his lavish lifestyle afloat? How are any of his businesses still in business? How are his real estate holdings still in his possession or are they not?

Is it all smoke and mirrors? Is somebody else controlling everything behind the scenes?
Old 04-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #269
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
So are you trying to assert that Trump is a failure at business?

How is he keeping his lavish lifestyle afloat? How are any of his businesses still in business? How are his real estate holdings still in his possession or are they not?

Is it all smoke and mirrors? Is somebody else controlling everything behind the scenes?
Do I think he's exaggerated his net worth? Absolutely. Who else thinks that? George Will, a pretty sober individual.

Look into his license model. The vast majority of the "Trump" buildings you see around the world are under that model, not owned by him (he sometimes owns a small stake). It's a great model, ala Marriott.

Bottom line: he inherited $200 mm, so I'm not impressed by anything he's done. Sorry, that's my opinion. I'm much more impressed by Oprah, although I'd never support her given her politics.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #270
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Now you're exaggerating. No fact check I've ever read puts the inheritance at $200 million. Only Little Marco put that claim into the public domain during a debate.

The real number is somewhere around $40M. I know, I know...poor Donald.