Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-02-2019, 10:11 PM   #151
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Fails to understand. Ely.

What he is saying is that Little Kim and the Norks are paranoid, and afraid of an attack by the US. Deterrence means that Little Kim thinks that he can prevent such an attack by claiming the ability and the will to wipe out our west coast if we do attack him.

The simple solution is that when we do launch against Little Kim, we will send him an advanced emergency warning saying that the Canadians are attacking him.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:14 PM   #152
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
What he is saying is that Little Kim and the Norks are paranoid, and afraid of an attack by the US. Deterrence means that Little Kim thinks that he can prevent such an attack by claiming the ability and the will to wipe out our west coast if we do attack him.
Exactly.

Prior to 2006 their method of deterrence was holding Seoul hostage. Of course eventually our air power would be able to ferret out all of the those pieces and eventually we'd be able to knock them out.... but how many people are killed as they rain shells on Seoul, a city of 10 million, before that?

Worked for 50 years.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:27 PM   #153
HalvOnHorseracing

I've always been of the opinion that 90% of what goes on between world leaders at meetings is kept between those leaders and the other 10% is what they tell us. If Trump tells Kim he's going to make bulgogi out of Pyongyang if a missile crosses the International Date Line, you just leave that between the leaders. If one or the other of them tells the people, then you've created an embarrassment that may cause an undesirable reaction. I'm of the opinion that we have military people who know what's going on in the places that are unfriendly to the USA. I feel safe enough.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2019, 10:40 PM   #154
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I've always been of the opinion that 90% of what goes on between world leaders at meetings is kept between those leaders and the other 10% is what they tell us. If Trump tells Kim he's going to make bulgogi out of Pyongyang if a missile crosses the International Date Line, you just leave that between the leaders. If one or the other of them tells the people, then you've created an embarrassment that may cause an undesirable reaction. I'm of the opinion that we have military people who know what's going on in the places that are unfriendly to the USA. I feel safe enough.
American stated policy is that a WMD attack on us earns you a glow in the dark glassing.

It's the same with all other nuclear powers. Its stated doctrine. Hence why deterrence works.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-02-2019 at 10:41 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 12:15 AM   #155
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I've always been of the opinion that 90% of what goes on between world leaders at meetings is kept between those leaders and the other 10% is what they tell us.
Not exactly a secret, but certainly largely ignored by the media, is that the "leader of the free world" and the master of "the art of the deal" went to Asia and could not make even the most minimal deal with a two-bit, petty, tin-pot dictator of a fourth rate country.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:57 AM   #156
fast4522

The narrative your spewing Clocker is bogus and you know it, what would this forum do without you two?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 02:19 AM   #157
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
The narrative your spewing Clocker is bogus and you know it
Evidence? Facts? Logical arguments to the contrary?
Old 03-03-2019, 03:09 AM   #158
Ocala Mike

Our motto at SAC during the Cold War - "Peace is our profession."

To which the guys who went over to bomb SE Asia targets always adlibbed - "War is just our hobby."
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #159
fast4522

Quote:
Evidence? Facts? Logical arguments to the contrary?
You and ely have over 55 posts in this thread of 150+ posts, you two sure do your part with respect to hate for the President. Making no deal at all is a extreme fail as well as any deal in you guys eyes. In short everything is bad with the President doing anything, your content is either grossly bogus or as accurate as a direct hit.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:35 PM   #160
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You and ely have over 55 posts in this thread of 150+ posts, you two sure do your part with respect to hate for the President.
I didn't bother counting your posts, but I'm sure the vast majority of them are whining about a poster that you find objectionable, rather than discussing the content of any post.

P.S. I don't hate the president. He is a sad little man with a YUGE ego who is in over his head. I'd feel sorry for him, but ignorance is bliss, so he is a most happy fellow.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:53 PM   #161
fast4522

It is rather simple, I charged the two of you saying that your posts are bogus.
You proved it.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:46 PM   #162
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The equivalent of a 3yo pointing and screaming "naaaa naaaa na na naaaaa"

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-03-2019 at 11:52 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2019, 11:47 PM   #163
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Cowardly? Another incorrect observation from the hate Trump side. Always wrong; never in doubt. (c)

I've received my share of red cards for calling out the juvenile, incoherent elysian for his always wrong and ignorant political, economic, hate Trump analysis and posts. No reason to 'hide' at all -- this whole joint also knows elysian quite well.

When elysian directly called me a name just the other day PA Mike never reciprocated in kind by giving him a red card. That's OK by me, really. It's PA Mike's store and he can handle the merchandise any which way he wishes.

Since you've also contributed very little to this site --aside from personally calling posters out often when it was no business of yours-- maybe you're the true cowardly troll you complained about.
You don't know when someone else gets a red card, and I don't always publicly announce it.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #164
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Not exactly a secret, but certainly largely ignored by the media, is that the "leader of the free world" and the master of "the art of the deal" went to Asia and could not make even the most minimal deal with a two-bit, petty, tin-pot dictator of a fourth rate country.
Wow - that seems to be not at all correct.
NK giving up ALL of its nukes is not what one would consider a most minimal deal!
Old 03-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #165
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
NK giving up ALL of its nukes is not what one would consider a most minimal deal!
From last week:

Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump said Thursday that he's not prioritizing North Korea quickly giving up its nuclear weapons in a brief statement before more talks with the pariah state's autocratic leader, Kim Jong Un.

Instead, Trump said he is pleased that there was no evidence North Korea had conducted nuclear or ballistic missile tests in more than a year.

"Speed is not that important to me," the president said. "I very much appreciate no testing of nuclear rockets, missiles, any of it — very much appreciate it."
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/trum...oreas-kim.html