Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

View Poll Results: Which of the following movies do you like the most?
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid 15 21.13%
Jaws 16 22.54%
Psycho 6 8.45%
Terminator I 24 33.80%
From Russia With Love 3 4.23%
Silence of the Lambs 14 19.72%
The Godfather 33 46.48%
The Pope of Greenwich Village 4 5.63%
Goodfellas 29 40.85%
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 13 18.31%
Apocalypse Now 11 15.49%
High Plains Drifter 7 9.86%
Shawshank Redemption 31 43.66%
Outlaw Josey Wales 9 12.68%
The Sting 26 36.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. This poll is closed

Old 10-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #16
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Here are the results for the best movies(non-comedy, non-sports) released between 1960-1999:

I – Winner: The Godfather
II- Second place: Shawshank Redemption
III - Third place: Goodfellas

No problem with the first two. I’m surprised that Shawshank Redemption did so well but I did vote for it because it’s a movie I never get tired of watching.

As far as Goodfellows, Joe Pesci as Tommy DeVito is awesome, but I thought the story had too much minutia such as cooking, etc.

The Sting did better than I thought but it does have some horse racing in it, I believe, so it should have been expected.

We’ll take a break now because the Breeders Cup is warming up but later I’ll do another poll for movies released before 1960.

Thanks for playing!
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2021, 11:22 PM   #17
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Here are the results for the best movies(non-comedy, non-sports) released between 1960-1999:

No problem with the first two. I’m surprised that Shawshank Redemption did so well but I did vote for it because it’s a movie I never get tired of watching.

As far as Goodfellows, Joe Pesci as Tommy DeVito is awesome, but I thought the story had too much minutia such as cooking, etc.

The Sting did better than I thought but it does have some horse racing in it, I believe, so it should have been expected.

We’ll take a break now because the Breeders Cup is warming up but later I’ll do another poll for movies released before 1960.

Thanks for playing!
The first person who claims I was in the audience for the premiere of “The Great Train Robbery” will be hearing from my lawyer.
Old 10-28-2021, 01:21 PM   #18
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post

My good friend Bob Gunton (Warden Norton) would be pleased to hear that
Old 10-28-2021, 10:18 PM   #19
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

Both my brief wiki and imdb searches couldn't verify a listing but I am pretty sure he played bandleader Tommy Dorsey in one of those TV-movies based on Frank Sinatra.

I am probably mistaken about the part, but he is a great actor Tim.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2021, 09:41 AM   #20
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Both my brief wiki and imdb searches couldn't verify a listing but I am pretty sure he played bandleader Tommy Dorsey in one of those TV-movies based on Frank Sinatra.

I am probably mistaken about the part, but he is a great actor Tim.
I used to go to Mater Dei High School to watch his plays (their football tams produced not one, but TWO Heisman trophy winners in college play). I lost track of him when I was in college but caught him on an ABC soap opera. I called New York and we reconnected.

He is just as famous for his Broadway work being nominated for two Tony awards and was in the original Evita ("I still get residuals from that cast record album") and Sweeny Todd (Tony nomination). He has won several Drama Desk Awards as well.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #21
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Besides being the ring leader of a pay for play scheme, a guy looking a lot like Bob Gunton had an innocent man killed out of hand. I saw it with my own eyes so it's true.

I thought Gunton did a marvelous job in his role as the warden. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Quoting the Bible passionately on the subject of redemption while he condemned you to hell. Not every actor can pull that off.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2021, 08:03 PM   #22
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Besides being the ring leader of a pay for play scheme, a guy looking a lot like Bob Gunton had an innocent man killed out of hand. I saw it with my own eyes so it's true.

I thought Gunton did a marvelous job in his role as the warden. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Quoting the Bible passionately on the subject of redemption while he condemned you to hell. Not every actor can pull that off.
How hard can that be? I know a poster here who can do that quite well...and he isn't even an actor.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:31 PM   #23
sharkey11

sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2021, 06:35 AM   #24
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
How hard can that be? I know a poster here who can do that quite well...and he isn't even an actor.
You got me on that one.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply