Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-14-2023, 05:32 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
Curious, what is your read on Oregon QB Bo Nix in the NFL?

I just improved my internet issues to where I am at late 90's cable, and the Pac 12 doesn't get much TV coverage here. I just got back from running errands and will watch the second half of Oregon vs Washington to watch him for the first time.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2023, 05:55 PM   #17
Tor Ekman

Also size up the Washington QB’s NFL prospects, interested to hear your take
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2023, 07:42 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
Also size up the Washington QB’s NFL prospects, interested to hear your take

I was just watching Nix as I have some business associated paperwork I am doing. I did not see anything impressive out of him and I do not think his coach has a lot of trust in him. I never saw him go past his second read and 90% of the time he threw to his first read. Of course that is not his fault if the first read is college open. When he fled the pocket it was always to his right. No idea if the game plan was trying to avoid his weaknesses or not. I will keep an eye on him, so far I can't judge.
Old 10-15-2023, 01:02 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

It must have been Pac-12 day on broadcast TV here yesterday, also saw Caleb Williams, a person would have to watch that game over to see if it was the ND defense or him that was the biggest problem. Until yesterday I had only seen his highlight films, which never showed him going past a second read and usually throwing to his first. Yesterday he was trying to get to a third even a forth. I saw some errant throws when he was hurried and a lack of stepping up to avoid the rush, these were errant throws to guys who were open, it looks like a lot of them were due to throwing off his back foot.

I find it amazing how the talking heads will rave over college QBs playing in a game where they have all day to throw to guys open by 3-5 yards, without ever mentioning that.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:35 PM   #20
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

I find it amazing how the talking heads will rave over college QBs playing in a game where they have all day to throw to guys open by 3-5 yards, without ever mentioning that.
This is why ewers of Texas will never be an NFL caliber qb. He has receivers open all day long but hasn't hit tight window type throws often

Also stares down his primary. All. The . Time

Yet pro scouts and recruiters alike 18 months ago said he was a "generational talent at qb". No one else sees it
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-16-2023, 10:31 AM   #21
Robert Fischer
clean money

Old 10-16-2023, 01:27 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
This is why ewers of Texas will never be an NFL caliber qb. He has receivers open all day long but hasn't hit tight window type throws often

Also stares down his primary. All. The . Time

Yet pro scouts and recruiters alike 18 months ago said he was a "generational talent at qb". No one else sees it

I don't know why, paying too much attention to the QB does seem to take away from enjoying the whole game. I will be curious how Caleb Williams does going forward at USC, it looks like Utah is the only team left on their regular season schedule that plays good defense. He looked like a hot mess, but like I said he was trying to get to his 3rd and 4th reads. I have no idea if he was not throwing because they weren't college open.
Old 10-29-2023, 01:32 AM   #23
ElKabong

Lost to ucla after a bye week. Think that gives CU a losing record now

That collapse vs Stanford really put a wet blanket on "prime". May need to call him coach Choice from here on
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2024, 01:01 PM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

14 of his players entered the transfer portal this week

Seems the bloom is off the Proverbial Rose