Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #76
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Julián Castro appointed by President Obama, was the HUD secretary until January 20th 2017. Ben Carson became HUD boss on March 2nd 2017. The
decision to raise rates was most likely made by Castro or one of Castro's subordinates shortly after Castro resigned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Castro
Completely false.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #77
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
In January of 2017 they made the decision, week one, to cancel the lowering of the MI Rate on HUD secured loans.

They did this despite the fact the HUD pool was and is already overfunded.

That decision alone cost me about $10k between January and February. Who knows how many tens of thousands throughout the rest of the year.

That's one. 10k and that's just my personal income... it's not counting the money already spent on advertising and the likely extra person we were planning on hiring.
So your saying your business is off by 30 percent?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #78
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
You just don't get it, do you?

You and yours keep her in the limelight through your obsession.
There has never been anything resembling a strong case against her.
If there was, she'd have been on trial long ago.

Keep on being fixated with the woman.
She'll pop out of the woodwork every time a con yells "lock her up".
HRC is sort of like the villain in a WWE program. Sells tickets, too.
Debatable

https://www.collective-evolution.com...price-or-less/
Old 03-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #79
wisconsin

Quote:
In January of 2017 they made the decision, week one, to cancel the lowering of the MI Rate on HUD secured loans.

They did this despite the fact the HUD pool was and is already overfunded.

That decision alone cost me about $10k between January and February. Who knows how many tens of thousands throughout the rest of the year.

That's one. 10k and that's just my personal income... it's not counting the money already spent on advertising and the likely extra person we were planning on hiring.

All because they failed to lower the rate by a quarter point? How were you getting by before? Really curious.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:24 PM   #80
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
All because they failed to lower the rate by a quarter point? How were you getting by before? Really curious.

You asked.

I answered.

You attack my business.

Same with fast... it's a epidemic on here that when confronted with actual things to resort to personal attacks.

Don't worry about my monies bro.

But quick what accent if HRC using now?!?! What will she use when finally locked up?!?!

****ing jokes.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-05-2019 at 04:30 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #81
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

You asked.

I answered.

You attack my business.

Same with fast... it's a epidemic on here that when confronted with actual things to resort to personal attacks.

But quick what accent if HRC using now?!?! What will she use when finally locked up?!?!

****ing jokes.
There's more than one epidemic going around.

And interesting you would consider Wisconsin's follow-up question a "personal attack" on your business.

Touchy fella.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #82
wisconsin

Quote:

You asked.

I answered.

You attack my business.

****ing jokes.

I am not attacking your business at all. Sorry if it came across that way.

Let me rephrase the question, because I am genuinely curious. Did you make $10,000 less those 2 months, or did you fail to make an anticipated $10,000 more those months?
Old 03-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #83
reckless
Veteran

It's a bit curious that she's even made a public appearance after her embarrassing and criminal conduct in the 2016 campaign.

Forget her re-gained black accent, it looks like she had her face tightened and smoothed over just a wee bit; not too obvious in this age of 5 G, of course. That's OK really since an aging woman is entitled to some vanity. No criticism from me on that.

Thank goodness she didn't take out her stash of hot sauce and drawled to just love collard greens and sweet potato pie. There's hope for this has-been yet.

Hillary!, you go, girl!

Last edited by reckless; 03-05-2019 at 04:35 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2019, 04:33 PM   #84
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And interesting you would consider Wisconsin's follow-up question a "personal attack" on your business.

Touchy fella.
My exact thoughts.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #85
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There's more than one epidemic going around.

Touchy fella.
Because what else is it if he can't understand the first post? Or fasts for that matter?

I didn't make less money... I, and my company, just didn't make more or hire more people to take advantage of a good refinance cycle.

How...? Like you guys... seriously... I know you aren't this dumb...

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-05-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #86
fast4522

Quote:

You asked.

I answered.

You attack my business.

****ing jokes.
Garbage, there is nothing wrong with being a mortgage broker or a letter carrier. Today is a different day, brick and mortar is not what it once was. The effect Amazon is having accross many stores is significant, the world has changed. So attacks are against whiny assed posts who feel the President is the root of what is going on with them. Much of what folks are seeing today have been in the works for years, so a new President comes along and does not provide relief or even excelerates things is it really where things are destined anyway? Grow a pair or look to go into another busines.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:53 PM   #87
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
I am not attacking your business at all. Sorry if it came across that way.

Let me rephrase the question, because I am genuinely curious. Did you make $10,000 less those 2 months, or did you fail to make an anticipated $10,000 more those months?
I had about 600k pended up waiting for the change to take effect. As long as a loan was clear to close post the rate drop it would get that rate drop.

I understand a quarter point doesn't seem like a lot but first, it wasn't a quarter it was 30bps and on a $200,000 dollar house that translated to over a $50 month drop in monthly payments.

My business is fairly recession proof as I run about 95% purchase and 5% refinance but with the election of Trump we, and most homeowner's, knew rates would be rising. This reduction was an opportunity to anyone in a in a roughly 150k-FHA Max range to get a refinance in while it still made sense.

I had 3 on deck to take advantage of it. That day I had to call all of them up and tell them that its off and it didn't make sense to them. It cost me about 10k and the company an additional 14.

My plan was to run with it solid for the 3-4 months I had the window and then go out and buy my way into another broker's office I was talking to at the time that would have supplemented once the refi's dried up.

So that is a direct example of how Trump has affected me... I have others but its just one that immediately comes to mind.

We cool.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-05-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #88
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Garbage, there is nothing wrong with being a mortgage broker or a letter carrier. Today is a different day, brick and mortar is not what it once was. The effect Amazon is having accross many stores is significant, the world has changed. So attacks are against whiny assed posts who feel the President is the root of what is going on with them. Much of what folks are seeing today have been in the works for years, so a new President comes along and does not provide relief or even excelerates things is it really where things are destined anyway? Grow a pair or look to go into another busines.
I have no idea what you're talking about but down here on Planet Earth mortgages are the most regulated segment of the finance industry...
Old 03-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #89
fast4522

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about but down here on Planet Earth mortgages are the most regulated segment of the finance industry...
THis is nothing new to you, be honest. So my example was change is constant, and what you planned for did not work out. BFD this is the sandbox you decided to work in. 2020 and 2021 are not going to be any different for you except maybe be off another 30 percent unless you do something different.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #90
reckless
Veteran

A few things about 'Trump' screwing over ely and his mortgage company.

elysian is a horrible salesman if he couldn't close on this re-fi deal ... jesus ... fifty dollar per month increase on a 150 k house, that's peanuts. Maybe ely and his firm simply did not wish to work with their client, like just maybe taking a wee bit less commission?? How much down payment did they originally make? Evidently little or no equity in the house if a $50 increase breaks a deal.

elysian and his company may have, or may not have put these people in the house in the first place. So, if these re-fi clients truly needed a $50 per month break on their monthly mortgage or else, then they probably did not belong in the house in the first place.

Blame Trump all you want. No one is listening, cares nor is empathetic of your 'loss'. Mortgage companies and banks are flushed with money. Rates have been off their all-time lows but are still quite low historically. Plus, going through HUD these days means the owners probably did not qualify for a conventional mortgage; not a knock but it sounds like they couldn't afford the place.

You might need to find another profession if you are crying the blues during these prosperous times.

Try social media trolling or political analysis ... oh yeah, you suck at that too.

Last edited by reckless; 03-05-2019 at 05:46 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply