Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #136
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
If this Canadian-dipstick can't control his campaign staff, how can anyone expect him to control the country?

Cruz is a loser. A liar. A fraud. A jerk.
And an honorary POS.

Being a typical politician, he probably told the staff to do it. When it did not turn out the way he hoped, he threw them under the bus. They are lucky the weren't working for the Clinton's, they would be dead.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2016, 10:38 AM   #137
woodtoo

Where is the outrage?!!!?
Glenn Beck Friday on his radio show "...if I were close enough and had a knife...really, I mean...the stabbing wouldn't stop."

He was scheduled to take the stage prior to Trump at the CPAC event later in the day.
Not even Cruz who accepted his endorsement has responded.
Personaly I would trust David Duke more than this nutjob.
Threats over live radio and nothing but crickets!!!!
I can see him losing it and bringing down wasTEDS nomination with him.

Its almost like he never said it, it never really happened at all.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #138
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Where is the outrage?!!!?
Glenn Beck Friday on his radio show "...if I were close enough and had a knife...really, I mean...the stabbing wouldn't stop."

He was scheduled to take the stage prior to Trump at the CPAC event later in the day.
Not even Cruz who accepted his endorsement has responded.
Personaly I would trust David Duke more than this nutjob.
Threats over live radio and nothing but crickets!!!!
I can see him losing it and bringing down wasTEDS nomination with him.

Its almost like he never said it, it never really happened at all.
It's Glenn Beck/ Mitt Romney/ John McCain, etc....who cares?? Always crickets for losers....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #139
zico20

Cruz crushes the field in the Kansas caucus. He has just over 50 percent with 75 percent reporting.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #140
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
It's Glenn Beck/ Mitt Romney/ John McCain, etc....who cares?? Always crickets for losers....
It was only Beck who made the threat.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:43 AM   #141
highnote

Cruz won Kansas and Maine today and picked up 64 delegates.

Trump picked up 49 with KY and Louisiana wins.

The interesting thing is that KS and ME are both caucus states while KY and LA are not.

from huffpost:

Quote:
Cruz won in caucus states, where turnout is much lower, and they favor candidates who are extremely well organized, rather than ones like Trump, who are bringing disaffected voters back into the system. Only two remaining states, Hawaii and Utah, hold caucuses rather than primaries.

Trump is not set up to win caucus states, because his strategy relies entirely around free media exposure. He bought no air time on major stations in Kansas City, Missouri, or Wichita, Kansas, for instance, and didn't appear in the state until Saturday.
So with only two caucus states remaining, HI and UT, it looks like Trump is in good position to win the nomination.

However, if Trump wins by less than 50% then at the convention the GOP could nominate someone with popularity within the party, like Paul Ryan.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2016, 01:42 AM   #142
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
Cruz won Kansas and Maine today and picked up 64 delegates.

Trump picked up 49 with KY and Louisiana wins.

The interesting thing is that KS and ME are both caucus states while KY and LA are not.

from huffpost:

So with only two caucus states remaining, HI and UT, it looks like Trump is in good position to win the nomination.

However, if Trump wins by less than 50% then at the convention the GOP could nominate someone with popularity within the party, like Paul Ryan.
And essentially hand Hillary the Presidency.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2016, 03:40 AM   #143
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
And essentially hand Hillary the Presidency.

The GOP establishment acts like they would rather see Clinton win than Trump.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:48 AM   #144
lamboguy

Cruz has been winning the low turnout states. bad sign for him if he was the nominee.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2016, 09:07 AM   #145
classhandicapper

I keep reading that Cruz is only winning the caucus states and Trump is winning the primaries, but some of the republican primaries allow independents and even democrats to cross over and vote. Those voters are going for Trump on trade and illegal immigration. So the primaries are overstating his popularity on the conservative side.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:25 PM   #146
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Cruz crushes the field in the Kansas caucus. He has just over 50 percent with 75 percent reporting.
Yes that and $2 gets you a win ticket on Fluffandstuff in the 5th at Charlestown!
Old 03-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #147
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
The GOP establishment acts like they would rather see Clinton win than Trump.
They would prefer Clinton or anyone over Trump, this is totally acceptable to them. Their place at the trough would remain and that is all they really care about.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #148
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
They would prefer Clinton or anyone over Trump, this is totally acceptable to them. Their place at the trough would remain and that is all they really care about.
That is exactly why GOP is panicking. There is a huge amount of money in play here and Trump may not be so quick to fall into line and swallow the bait of poor contracts with respect to Big Pharma and the Military -Industrial complex.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2016, 12:47 PM   #149
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I keep reading that Cruz is only winning the caucus states and Trump is winning the primaries, but some of the republican primaries allow independents and even democrats to cross over and vote. Those voters are going for Trump on trade and illegal immigration. So the primaries are overstating his popularity on the conservative side.
Cruz is doing better in the closed primaries, where only registered Republicans can vote the GOP ticket, and Trump is doing better in open primaries. Data seems to indicate that a lot of Dems are crossing over and voting for Trump on the GOP side. Whether they will do so in the general remains to be seen, or if they are just trying to screw with the GOP. Especially given Trump's backing off on his initial strong stand on immigration.

More the of the recent primaries have been open, more of the upcoming primaries will be closed, which favors Cruz.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:03 PM   #150
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Data seems to indicate that a lot of Dems are crossing over and voting for Trump on the GOP side. Whether they will do so in the general remains to be seen, or if they are just trying to screw with the GOP.
If the dems are switching over in the primary to screw the GOP establishment then that is an interesting strategy, but I don't think the dems are organized enough to pull off that large of a conspiracy because the GOP voters could also switch over and vote for Sanders.

So if it is happening it is by happenstance and not a vast left or right wing conspiracy or game theory. It would make the election more interesting if it was, though!