Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #4351
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Instead of being flippant about the deaths, deal with reality about them. They were caused by the CoVid-19. It’s up to each individual citizen who to blame, if any. There is plenty of blame to be spread around. Early on is was “don’t wear a mask if healthy” which has now switched to “mandatory masks”.

Allan
Masks are still not mandatory in NY, except for very specific situations...

And I don't recall you ever shedding a tear for the 60-80k flu deaths in the USA during bad years (and that's WITH a vaccine available)...so I wouldn't be too quick of accusing others of being flippant about deaths.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-29-2020 at 08:26 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #4352
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

And I don't recall you ever shedding a tear for the 60-80k flu deaths in the USA during bad years (and that's WITH a vaccine available)...so I wouldn't be too quick of accusing others of being flippant about deaths.
We are not going to be locked up with out one but we cant go shopping unless we have one on...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/n...rew-cuomo.html
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 08:40 AM   #4353
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
We are not going to be locked up with out one but we cant go shopping unless we have one on...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/15/n...rew-cuomo.html
Like I just said in the post before yours, mask are not required except under specific conditions (as in, the specific condition where social distancing cannot be practiced...which, in today's current situation, is practically never...)

I was well aware of the above, but thanks for the link anyway.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:53 AM   #4354
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Instead of being flippant about the deaths, deal with reality about them. They were caused by the CoVid-19. It’s up to each individual citizen who to blame, if any. There is plenty of blame to be spread around. Early on is was “don’t wear a mask if healthy” which has now switched to “mandatory masks”.

Allan
Deal with the reality of what exactly? That the vast majority of those people were going to die in the next few years anyway? Because they smoked their whole lives? That they were overweight and developed heart disease and diabetes? Why weren't they scared of the nicotine tar in their lungs? Why wasn't the overweight person scared of the cholesterol being stuffed into their bodies? It's all a matter of choice isn't it? We are all going to die of something and there is not a damned thing either of us can do about it. Catching COVID is the same thing. You can hide in your apartment or home but at some point you've got to start living and not be so scared. I would rather die than hide from something too small to see and which I don't know is around me or not. Can't you see the fallacy of running from something you can't see? You may be running right toward it!

Went to look at homes yesterday with my wife. We were met by two realtors. One was wearing the mask, while we and the other realtor was not. No one said a word at all, but by the second hour, the guy with the mask took his off because he felt stupid wearing one with a muffled voice while we were unshackled and not minding social distancing. I'm not entirely sure, but my hunch is that no one will die from that interaction and there is probably a 0.01% ( 1 in 1,000) chance that anyone will even get sick from it.

Get busy living or get busy dying. I've chosen which one I'm gonna do and there is a growing number joining me.

Last edited by tucker6; 04-29-2020 at 10:56 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 11:56 AM   #4355
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
If only we could get to a million deaths, we’d easily get Trump out of here. I hate that my nice but old neighbor has to meet her untimely demise but it’s for a good cause. Like you I’ve been praying five times a day toward Stonehenge in hopes of unleashing the spirits of our Druid brethren.

Keep the Faith my friend. They can’t all survive. Living is selfish when the alternative is getting rid of POTUS. I have your back.
RR posted a total bullshit number. I corrected it.

Now, you are contradicting yourself. Here above you are joking?? about your nice old neighbor meeting dying for a "good cause". But a few posts later cold heatedly bitched...
Quote:
"That the vast majority of those people were going to die in the next few years anyway?"
Make up your miserable misanthropic stinking unfeeling POS mind.

I expected more from you.
Signed, a 73 old who will die in the next few years anyway.

Last edited by hcap; 04-29-2020 at 11:58 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 12:06 PM   #4356
hcap

Deaths as of this morning.

Deaths:

And......

U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Could Be Far Higher Than Reported
https://www.statista.com/chart/21531...bf9d-308866305

Old 04-29-2020, 12:32 PM   #4357
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Deaths as of this morning.

Deaths:

And......

U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Could Be Far Higher Than Reported
https://www.statista.com/chart/21531...bf9d-308866305

So when we drop down to the death rate being less than normal wouldn't that gives us the all clear signal? Should happen sooner than later.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:57 PM   #4358
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
So when we drop down to the death rate being less than normal wouldn't that gives us the all clear signal? Should happen sooner than later.
No one really knows, but as I said, a second wave unfortunately is expected next fall, winter. How the public follows expert opinion and specifically what that will be, is not clear but crucial.

And that was an unknown variable in the first wave.

No one ever used mitigation measures like social distancing on previous flu seasons. (something was done in the 1918 flu). If we had, the spread of those flu's would have been less. If we did not use it on the first wave of covid-19, it would have been much, much worse

Last edited by hcap; 04-29-2020 at 12:59 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #4359
jk3521
Registered Loser

A POTUS Sunday lovefest on tap .

"President Trump will participate in a virtual Fox News town hall on reopening the economy this weekend, the White House has just announced.

In a press release on the town hall, Fox News said the event would take place Sunday from 7 pm to 9 pm ET, and it will be co-moderated by anchors Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum.

The virtual town hall, which is entitled “America Together: Returning to Work,” will air live from the Lincoln Memorial.

Fox News noted the president would answer viewer-submitted questions for an hour and a half of the town hall."
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 04:09 PM   #4360
Secondbest

FWIW we did a BJs run today. The meat and chicken were almost all gone. And we were there On line 45 minutes after the store opened. The meat guy said they wouldn’t be getting any for a while.The packaged Perdue chicken breasts they carry were gone for a day .No word on when they’ll arrive. Costco doesn’t carry that. We were there last week and also low on meat. Could be a shortage looming.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #4361
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Of course there will be...that should make hcap even more excited...maybe even more so then "underreported" deaths.

The Church of Covid-19 thrives on bad news.

Any good news is deleted from YouTube ASAP.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:30 PM   #4362
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

PS. hcap seems hellbent and even desperate to keep this shit going on forever.

I have news for him...nobody will ever force him to leave his house.

You can stay in there forever as far as we're all concerned.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:12 PM   #4363
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Deal with the reality of what exactly? That the vast majority of those people were going to die in the next few years anyway? Because they smoked their whole lives? That they were overweight and developed heart disease and diabetes? Why weren't they scared of the nicotine tar in their lungs? Why wasn't the overweight person scared of the cholesterol being stuffed into their bodies? It's all a matter of choice isn't it? We are all going to die of something and there is not a damned thing either of us can do about it. Catching COVID is the same thing. You can hide in your apartment or home but at some point you've got to start living and not be so scared. I would rather die than hide from something too small to see and which I don't know is around me or not. Can't you see the fallacy of running from something you can't see? You may be running right toward it!

Went to look at homes yesterday with my wife. We were met by two realtors. One was wearing the mask, while we and the other realtor was not. No one said a word at all, but by the second hour, the guy with the mask took his off because he felt stupid wearing one with a muffled voice while we were unshackled and not minding social distancing. I'm not entirely sure, but my hunch is that no one will die from that interaction and there is probably a 0.01% ( 1 in 1,000) chance that anyone will even get sick from it.

Get busy living or get busy dying. I've chosen which one I'm gonna do and there is a growing number joining me.
so because people have bad lifestyles they are doomed to die of covid by you. And Not wearing a mask these days is just plain dumb, stupid and ignorant.

Once I found out that asymptomatic were spreaders of the disease. The mask went on.

I wish you the best of luck with this form of Russian roulette.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 05:13 PM   #4364
biggestal99

Quote:

Influenza has a vaccine. Covid does not.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2020, 05:21 PM   #4365
hcap

Quote:
Of course there will be...that should make hcap even more excited...maybe even more so then "underreported" deaths.

The Church of Covid-19 thrives on bad news.

Any good news is deleted from YouTube ASAP.
I hear the Church of Trump normally known for their leader speaking in twisted tongues, has split into two main sects.

The divine Donald ass worshipers
and the "he can do no wrong" snake eaters.

Both usually take ant-science lessons
Nowadays specializing in the denial of reality.