Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #9886
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
An empty vessel is potentially full, but whether empty or full the SPACE within is defined by the enclosure.
But hcap, it is not really empty. Physics tells us the space is not empty.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 11-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #9887
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
But hcap, it is not really empty. Physics tells us the space is not empty.
That is true, but there is a further differentiation based on function.

The physics of a wheel hub is quite different than one cubic foot of "empty" space. Again.....

"Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub;
It is the center hole that makes it useful."
Old 11-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #9888
hcap

Another view of the quantum level. Yes empty space contains energy and particles that appear to pop in and out of existence. I hope you can see this video on your computer.

[YT="Quantum Physics"]/Nv1_YB1IedE?f[/YT]

Last edited by hcap; 11-27-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #9889
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
That is true, but there is a further differentiation based on function.

The physics of a wheel hub is quite different than one cubic foot of "empty" space. Again.....

"Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub;
It is the center hole that makes it useful."
Entertaining video. Intrigued by the application of quantum entanglement to teleportation.

Regarding the empty space of the hub it fulfills its function by being filled through a physical connection. Interesting thing that emptiness' function is generally to be filled in someway.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 11-27-2013, 11:18 PM   #9890
hcap

Emptiness. The "undifferentiated" wholeness of the entire circle of the yin yang symbol which gives rise to duality. Which further gives rise to "the myriad things". Yin and yang together transform the unnameable to the nameable.

The seventeenth-century Catholic poet Angelus Silesius :

God, whose love and joy
are present everywhere,
Can't come and visit you
unless you aren't there.

I would imagine quantum computing and quantum communication a much more realistic goal than teleportation. And as one scientist said "I wouldn't get in that machine"

Last edited by hcap; 11-27-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:29 AM   #9891
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
George Washington
Old 11-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #9892
boxcar

[QUOTE=hcap]Another view of the quantum level. Yes empty space contains energy and particles that appear to pop in and out of existence.[/quote[

I take it that this occurs with the space between your ears, as well? Are you speaking from experience per chance?

To one and all: Have a great Thanksgiving and a safe one.

Ps 100:4-5
4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving,
And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name.
5 For the Lord is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting,
And His faithfulness to all generations.

NASB

Boxcar
Old 11-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #9893
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein Jr
I take it that this occurs with the space between your ears, as well? Are you speaking from experience per chance?
It is an outcome of the uncertainty principle. You know the obvious reason many of us are certain you are not certain of anything.

Here is an article fro (Junk ) Scientific American
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-particles-rea

Are virtual particles really constantly popping in and out of existence? Or are they merely a mathematical bookkeeping device for quantum mechanics?

.. Thus virtual particles are indeed real and have observable effects that physicists have devised ways of measuring. Their properties and consequences are well established and well understood consequences of quantum mechanics.

.................................................. .........

Hey box, why don't you call up your student Stephen Hawking and tell him how wrong he and modern physicists are. And while your at it also tell him the Universe is younger than is looks by about 14 billion years

ps:
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation

The amplitude of quantum fluctuations is controlled by the amplitude of Planck's constant \hbar, just as the amplitude of thermal fluctuations is controlled by kT. Note that the following three points are closely related:

1 Planck's constant has units of action instead of units of energy,
2 the quantum kernel is instead of the quantum kernel is nonlocal from a classical heat kernel viewpoint, but it is local in the sense that it does not allow signals to be transmitted),
3 the quantum vacuum state is Lorentz invariant (although not manifestly in the above), whereas the classical thermal state is not (the classical dynamics is Lorentz invariant, but the Gibbs probability density is not a Lorentz invariant initial condition).
Got it?

God not only plays dice, He also sometimes throws the dice where they cannot be seen........Stephen Hawking
Old 11-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #9894
Actor
Librocubicularist

The prophecies that never were

• Matt 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
  • Matt 27:9-10 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.
  • Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
  • John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
  • 1 Cor 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Problem: scholars have searched the Old Testament and found no such prophecies.

Your turn boxcar.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #9895
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
  • Matt 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
  • Matt 27:9-10 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value; And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.
  • Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
  • John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
  • 1 Cor 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Problem: scholars have searched the Old Testament and found no such prophecies.

Your turn boxcar.
I have no time to play your silly games. You know how to use Google? There are good evangelical sites out there that will tell you precisely how all the above were fulfilled. But even after they tell you, you will not believe. This is why I will not waste my time with you.

But...I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Boxcar
Old 11-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #9896
boxcar

Quote:
It is an outcome of the uncertainty principle. You know the obvious reason many of us are certain you are not certain of anything.

Here is an article fro (Junk ) Scientific American
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-particles-rea

Are virtual particles really constantly popping in and out of existence? Or are they merely a mathematical bookkeeping device for quantum mechanics?

.. Thus virtual particles are indeed real and have observable effects that physicists have devised ways of measuring. Their properties and consequences are well established and well understood consequences of quantum mechanics.

.................................................. .........

Hey box, why don't you call up your student Stephen Hawking and tell him how wrong he and modern physicists are. And while your at it also tell him the Universe is younger than is looks by about 14 billion years

ps:

Got it?

God not only plays dice, He also sometimes throws the dice where they cannot be seen........Stephen Hawking
When God rolls the dice, it's always boxcars. But when it came time for you to roll...alas, noting but snake eyes for you. Megabytes of irony.
But then again...even the roll of the die is determined by the Lord.

Boxcar
Old 11-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #9897
hcap

Serious question.

The more precisely the position is determined, the less precisely the momentum is known in this instant, and vice versa.
--Heisenberg, uncertainty paper, 1927

.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle

Historically, the uncertainty principle has been confused[6][7] with a somewhat similar effect in physics, called the observer effect, which notes that measurements of certain systems cannot be made without affecting the systems. Heisenberg offered such an observer effect at the quantum level as a physical "explanation" of quantum uncertainty.[8] It has since become clear, however, that the uncertainty principle is inherent in the properties of all wave-like systems,[9] and that it arises in quantum mechanics simply due to the matter wave nature of all quantum objects. Thus, the uncertainty principle actually states a fundamental property of quantum systems, and is not a statement about the observational success of current technology.[10] It must be emphasized that measurement does not mean only a process in which a physicist-observer takes part, but rather any interaction between classical and quantum objects regardless of any observer.[11]

.................................................. ...................

Would God know the exact position and momentum of all subatomic quantum level particles for all time? Or is he by his own laws of quantum mechanics an "agnostic"?

Theoretically, he could still know the outcomes of the aggregates of all groups of particles as in classical physics.

And does it matter, and should it matter to ua?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #9898
TJDave

Seriously?

Quote:
Serious question.
Asking the prince of stupid?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #9899
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Asking the prince of stupid?
It will probably be disqualified by the prince, because I quoted a whole lot of "junk" science

Anyone ?
Old 11-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #9900
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
There are good evangelical sites out there that will tell you precisely how all the above were fulfilled.
Are there? I really doubt it, otherwise you would provide a link instead of an invitation to a wild goose chase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
But even after they tell you, you will not believe.
I will if they provide evidence.

Is it possible that you are unable to defend your claim that the Bible is consistent?

Last edited by Actor; 11-30-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Thread