Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:58 AM   #5101
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
By the way I just was curious to see what party the Governor was for the states hardest hit by the Covid-19.

So her are the states with the highest Death Counts per Million Population.

1) New York Democrat
2) New Jersey Democrat
3) Connecticut Democrat
4) Massachusetts Republican
5) District of Columbia Democrat
6) Louisiana Democrat
7) Michigan Democrat
8) Rhode Island Democrat
9) Pennsylvania Democrat
10) Illinois Democrat
11) Maryland Republican
12) Delaware Democrat

All 12 of these states are above the USA of 283 deaths per million.

There are 2 others that are above 200.

13) Indiana Republican
14) Colorado Democrat

So of the top 14 states 11 Democrats and 3 Republicans.

Given that if you take the 50 states plus DC and you have 26 Republican Governors and 25 Democrat Governors and one has to wonder why 10 of the 12 above average states have Governors that are Democrats.
Great post. Don’t expect a cogent reply from the left.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 06:04 AM   #5102
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
By the way I just was curious to see what party the Governor was for the states hardest hit by the Covid-19.

So her are the states with the highest Death Counts per Million Population.

1) New York Democrat
2) New Jersey Democrat
3) Connecticut Democrat
4) Massachusetts Republican
5) District of Columbia Democrat
6) Louisiana Democrat
7) Michigan Democrat
8) Rhode Island Democrat
9) Pennsylvania Democrat
10) Illinois Democrat
11) Maryland Republican
12) Delaware Democrat

All 12 of these states are above the USA of 283 deaths per million.

There are 2 others that are above 200.

13) Indiana Republican
14) Colorado Democrat

So of the top 14 states 11 Democrats and 3 Republicans.

Given that if you take the 50 states plus DC and you have 26 Republican Governors and 25 Democrat Governors and one has to wonder why 10 of the 12 above average states have Governors that are Democrats.
The most anti-trump state is not represented in the top 14.

Callie. What did they do different than all the others states.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 06:30 AM   #5103
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

Allan
So “don’t look over here”, go “look over there”. He makes a great point and conclusion which you cannot refute.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:00 AM   #5104
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Great post. Don’t expect a cogent reply from the left.

So you have no problem that there are no population densities taken into consideration on this list? I find that rather unscientific.

BTW, tucker, I've read the research on “cottage-plan” models of congregate care as it relates to spread of infection. Curious on your thoughts if high density nursing homes experience more or less covid infections? I figure you'd be the person to ask. If the facility is smaller, and has a high density of residents, does that have any bearing at all on infection rates?

Also, you did not answer me a few weeks ago when I asked, but since you handle staffing, are CNAs, etc. dispensed from agencies to go directly into private homes and facilities where they are needed by shut-in elderly people tested for Covid-19?

Is covid-19 testing for the most vulnerable population done on a regular and repeated basis, as is done in the White House, or are CNAs, home health care inviduals, etc. dispersed out w/no testing or what?

Or are they just screening them for temperature and coughing (i.e. symptoms)? I understand that covid-19 carriers may be asymptomatic and not display either temp. or coughing.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-20-2020 at 07:02 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 07:58 AM   #5105
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said it, chimp.
You need to study up a little more, obviously.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...s-grandparents

[quoteTexas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, who is of the opinion that old people, i.e. those most at risk, should volunteer to die to save the economy.]

No, that is not what he said That is what you heard.
But whatever floats your boat.

btw, did Coumo say nothing before he killed 5200 elderly by IGNORING the Hospital ship Trump sent him and instead put infected patients into nursing homes?

I think you and Bart should stay away from FOX news - a certain amount if intelligence and maturity is assumed in their programming. Not for everyone.

Last edited by Tom; 05-20-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 08:01 AM   #5106
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Allan
They listened to Trump, asked for his help, took it, and thanked him profusely for it.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:03 AM   #5107
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
So you have no problem that there are no population densities taken into consideration on this list? I find that rather unscientific.
That is why he used the "per million" metrics.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:07 AM   #5108
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
So “don’t look over here”, go “look over there”. He makes a great point and conclusion which you cannot refute.
The most populous state in the nation is democratic stronghold and isn’t one of bad states when it comes to death via Covid

Sorry, that is a valid point. I know it doesn’t fit your agenda of democratic governors are bad.

Tough.

Allan
Old 05-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #5109
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
They listened to Trump, asked for his help, took it, and thanked him profusely for it.

San Francisco listened to trump?

They locked it down tight well before Trump got the thumb out of his ass.

Allan
Old 05-20-2020, 08:13 AM   #5110
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
San Francisco listened to trump?

They locked it down tight well before Trump got the thumb out of his ass.

Allan
False.
In mid February, Pelosi encouraged mass gatherings for Chinese New Years as a way to spite Trump for his racist travel ban on China.

And, btw, we were talking about CALIFORNIA as a state, one whose governor showed Trump with praise.

Do you and hcap ALWAYS have to try to move the goal posts?
Old 05-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #5111
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
That is why he used the "per million" metrics.
As I already said in another post, I don't find that to be an important metric because I feel that excess deaths is the way all this virus number stuff should be counted anyway as well as excess mortality. I guess we would have to be on the same page with that to debate it further. But anyway, I believe excess death comparisons for time frames now and from years past give a clearer picture of exactly what is happening with Covid-19. It would take into consideration people who died at home, nations that only report deaths for which a COVID-19 test has confirmed that a patient was infected bu not untested individuals;
Increased deaths from other causes (like tiny ill equipped facilities in small nations) and/or fewer people seeking treatment for other health risks who end up dying, etc.

Excess mortality is something we use all the time, during temporary situations like during heat waves, cold spells, etc. and a virus/pandemic would be similar.

(all things that people keep bringing up here that we are or are not counting correctly......yet everyone seems to insist on sticking with other metrics).

The problem is that nobody is collating it.... but we will someday find out what they were/are though.

Not in time for an election though, which is not something I'm interested in anyway, I just want to know for the next pandemic.

Last edited by clicknow; 05-20-2020 at 08:32 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #5112
tucker6

Quote:

BTW, tucker, I've read the research on “cottage-plan” models of congregate care as it relates to spread of infection. Curious on your thoughts if high density nursing homes experience more or less covid infections? I figure you'd be the person to ask. If the facility is smaller, and has a high density of residents, does that have any bearing at all on infection rates?

Also, you did not answer me a few weeks ago when I asked, but since you handle staffing, are CNAs, etc. dispensed from agencies to go directly into private homes and facilities where they are needed by shut-in elderly people tested for Covid-19?

Is covid-19 testing for the most vulnerable population done on a regular and repeated basis, as is done in the White House, or are CNAs, home health care inviduals, etc. dispersed out w/no testing or what?

Or are they just screening them for temperature and coughing (i.e. symptoms)? I understand that covid-19 carriers may be asymptomatic and not display either temp. or coughing.
1. Taking population densities into consideration skews the results. Do your own research and let us see the results.

2. I did not see your previous inquiry to me. Sorry. I'm really not that familiar with nursing home protocols to the point of being able to answer your question(s). My best guess is both yes and no. Smaller nursing facilities work with smaller employee groups and with tight transmission controls can manage the virus as efficiently as anyone. It's a matter of good control over entry and exit of personnel. That said, if the virus appears among the residents, it will spread more quickly in high density population. These are all common sense thoughts.

3. My company "dispenses" employees to go into homes. Nearly every one of our clients are in high risk COVID-19 groups. We have 60 employees and 70 clients and we see them daily, sometimes twice a day. My wife was an operating room nurse for 20 years. She knows her stuff. We use a common sense approach. If you feel sick or if someone you know is sick, we'd rather you stay home. We also have them wear masks, wash hands liberally, change uniforms between shifts, and lengthen the time between shifts so that they can be as sterile as possible.

This protocol has worked well for us. The county we mainly work in has had 1,145 cases and 50 deaths. So far, knock on wood, we work 350 shifts/week and have not had any employee or client come down with the virus. Common sense approaches do work, which is why this whole nanny state thing is not necessary. Business who wish to remain in business will do what is necessary to protect their clients. It's good business. I didn't need the governor to tell me what was common sense and in my best interests. Neither do you.

Last edited by tucker6; 05-20-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #5113
46zilzal
velocitician

Karl Rove giving pharmaceutical advise? totally nuts
Old 05-20-2020, 04:40 PM   #5114
chrisl

Only Positive

One big change IMO we will see is family's/People will start turning inward. more self dependence, cooking family meals, family structure. Being prepared for these times. That is the way I was raised and raised my family. It has become very loose over many years. I have a friend who works in the restaurant supply business. He is selling cooking supplies more to family's. Of course I know that restaurants have been closed down. I feel this trend will grow. The kitchen in my life has always been the blood and growth of the family. I hope I am right. It will benefit everyone. Only for the Conservative lot. Liberals absolutely no hope. A liberal could not boil a pot of water if the house was on fire. Truth
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2020, 05:11 PM   #5115
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
As I already said in another post, I don't find that to be an important metric because I feel that excess deaths is the way all this virus number stuff should be counted anyway as well as excess mortality....
Well then you are in the minority. Per million or per 100,000 is standard reporting practice.