Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-02-2024, 07:04 PM   #1
ElKabong

New city in Louisiana (seceded from baton rouge)

https://twitter.com/LeadingReport/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

Residents successfully "secede " from liberal baton Rouge. The newly created city will have 100k residents.

Tbh, I didn't know about this and need to read up on it (not listen to folks with opinions be it local or not). I can see this catching on in other parts of the south
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2024, 07:13 PM   #2
ElKabong

So far from what I've read, wealthier and "whiter" southeast section of the parish/ (County) were fed up with under performing schools and fiscal mismanagement. I applaud them.

We've held back better performing students for too long. This action is great for parents

Side comment. By letting in 8 million illegals the past 3 years, many schools in Texas have been strained badly. I can see a push in places like Plano and McKinney to implement this yrs ahead.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 05-02-2024, 07:16 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Side comment. By letting in 8 million illegals the past 3 years, many schools in Texas have been strained badly. I can see a push in places like Plano and McKinney to implement this yrs ahead.
It's probably going to get much uglier than just a town making another town

The destruction of one's own community and educational resources for one's children via overburdening by people who legally aren't supposed to be here should have started this kind of thing long ago...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-02-2024 at 07:17 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2024, 07:34 PM   #4
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

This has been a long time coming. I've read about this would-be new city for what seems like a decade.
Linked article from the NY Post

https://nypost.com/2024/04/29/us-new...heir-own-city/
Old 05-02-2024, 08:16 PM   #5
woodbinepmi

The parents that live in the St George area had enough of having to pay for private schools (Episcopal is 21k a year) and paying taxes for public schools that are horrible and dangerous. I live in Baton Rouge but my office is in St George, will be moving out of Baton Rouge within the next year. It has been an ugly fight here and it's going to get uglier in the next couple years.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:35 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Bunch of Fulton county types have been threatening this in Atlanta

For years…..glad to see somebody actually did it
Old 05-02-2024, 11:35 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
So far from what I've read, wealthier and "whiter" southeast section of the parish/ (County) were fed up with under performing schools and fiscal mismanagement. I applaud them.

We've held back better performing students for too long. This action is great for parents

I wonder what the percentage of the population is illegal in Texas vs California. California schools were strained badly with illegals long before Biden opened the flood gates.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2024, 01:06 AM   #8
mostpost

Quote:
https://twitter.com/LeadingReport/st...5Es1_&ref_url=

Residents successfully "secede " from liberal baton Rouge. The newly created city will have 100k residents.

Tbh, I didn't know about this and need to read up on it (not listen to folks with opinions be it local or not). I can see this catching on in other parts of the south
Not exactly what you are claiming. The area which will become St. George was never a part of the City of Baton Rouge. It was located in an unincorporated area of East Baton Rouge Parish. The City of Baton Rouge lost neither population nor land to the new city.

That being the case, I have no quarrel with them establishing a new city.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:34 AM   #9
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Not exactly what you are claiming. The area which will become St. George was never a part of the City of Baton Rouge. It was located in an unincorporated area of East Baton Rouge Parish. The City of Baton Rouge lost neither population nor land to the new city.

That being the case, I have no quarrel with them establishing a new city.
To answer your question, read post #5 thoroughly
Old 05-03-2024, 09:49 AM   #10
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi View Post
The parents that live in the St George area had enough of having to pay for private schools (Episcopal is 21k a year) and paying taxes for public schools that are horrible and dangerous. I live in Baton Rouge but my office is in St George, will be moving out of Baton Rouge within the next year. It has been an ugly fight here and it's going to get uglier in the next couple years.
Your scenario of paying 20k a year for a decent education is all too common now. It's not sustainable. Things have to change.

Leave the sub culture to themselves, educate kids that want to succeed. Those whose parents don't care, will have to pay the price down the road. You can't take kids from families that don't care about their education or well being and have a safe, productive environment in a school setting. In the long run, it doesn't work and holds others back

To Inner dirt's point of this being a long running problem... yes it is. Time to reverse it as best you can. Biden put gasoline on the fire, it's going to get a lot worse for teachers.

Where I live, this "secede" from an ISD has actually already happened. Our ISD doesn't field a football team so "we don't have every B teamer from angelina county coming here just to play". Our ISD is easily the best in every aspect in the region. Standards are high and zero tolerance for poor behavior has been the policy for decades

Another ISD not far away dropped football, and parents couldn't be happier
Old 05-03-2024, 12:44 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Your scenario of paying 20k a year for a decent education is all too common now. It's not sustainable. Things have to change.

Leave the sub culture to themselves, educate kids that want to succeed. Those whose parents don't care, will have to pay the price down the road. You can't take kids from families that don't care about their education or well being and have a safe, productive environment in a school setting. In the long run, it doesn't work and holds others back

To Inner dirt's point of this being a long running problem... yes it is. Time to reverse it as best you can. Biden put gasoline on the fire, it's going to get a lot worse for teachers.

Where I live, this "secede" from an ISD has actually already happened. Our ISD doesn't field a football team so "we don't have every B teamer from angelina county coming here just to play". Our ISD is easily the best in every aspect in the region. Standards are high and zero tolerance for poor behavior has been the policy for decades

Another ISD not far away dropped football, and parents couldn't be happier

Posted on the left leaning The Hill here is the lefty solution:

Oregon just dropped all graduation standards, failing all of its students in the name of 'equity' In public education's latest blunder, the Oregon Department of Education has just decided that basic reading, writing and math skills are not required for students to graduate with a high school diploma.Nov 2, 2023

I have also read a lot of schools have dumped advanced placement classes because they are racist.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply