Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-05-2024, 01:50 PM   #31
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
Unfortunately I didn't collect because I took a stand against Sierra Leone.
Thanks for the well wishes. There is a feeling of accomplishment even though the wagering account didn't get any larger lol.
Last year thanks to Forte being scratched I hit the exacta and trifecta.
Another well-wish from me. I saw you were on him but also that you hadn't posted any winning wagers—sorry to hear that confirmed. I still feel that pain betting around Mage last year when I was on him for much of his campaign. I do feel a bit gratified including late after assessing the undercard, but couldn't get to him over the . I did have him with the so Sierra Leone's nose cost me a nice saver.
Aerocraft67 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2024, 12:03 PM   #32
classhandicapper

I'm wondering whether even though the track condition was listed as fast there might have still been some moisture in the base that moved him up?
Old 05-06-2024, 04:19 PM   #33
wiretowire68

I am not sure

Why Bisket would say that he stood no chance because of the trip...first of all this years crop of 3 Year Olds were not world beaters I think. I mean besides Fierceness overall speed figures..huge drop off but is not having a great trip part of the whole point especially in a 20 horse field. I have to go back and watch the start but I have definitely seen worse especially in the days where the 1 and the 2 were practically starting in the are the far side of the far turn.

3 Year Olds.. he runs huge at 1 1/16 pulling away in the stretch. Takes short layoff.. comes back wide trip at 1 1/8 and regresses but still hits the board. Stretch him out, fitter, great underrated jockey.. and you seen it, great trip.. his responsibility and he was ready for his move and opened up by 3 and held on. Last years crop was very good and I still think without the injury that Mr. Phil was the best 3 Year Old last year and he got beat because there was more speed in the field and he had to make his move earlier and it cost him because he did not have enough distance from the closing Mage.

Put this one in the archives again... it seems without Mr. Baffert around or Servis ........the Cartel boys Wire to Wire is extremely difficult.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2024, 08:22 PM   #34
zico20

The ironic thing is if Mystik Dan had lost by a nose McPeek would not even consider the Preakness. Now he has delusions of grandeur if he runs. He got his ass kicked by Muth when Muth wasn't ready to run the race of his life, now he is. Mystik Dan will be lucky to run third in the Preakness if he goes.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply