Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #1
Mandrake
Veteran

The Mt. Rushmore of tips

1. What is the best tip you ever had?

2. How did you bet it?

3. How was the score?

4. Did you want to kick yourself in the arse because you didn't bet it?
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake
1. What is the best tip you ever had?

2. How did you bet it?

3. How was the score?

4. Did you want to kick yourself in the arse because you didn't bet it?

I'll give you the OPPOSITE.

Penn 2005. Bet 9 races, hit 9 races. Cashed $10,000 in tax jobs. Greek trainer's assistant was up my ass all night for who I like, took care of him with $500 bucks (what can I say, I'm a nice guy).

AHOLE, says to me, to pay you back. Our barn has a horse named XXXXXXX. We've held her back in 3 straight starts. Going to win at boxcar odds at CT in 2 weeks. Bet her but please bet late and don't bet to win as the barn wants to cash.

I bet $500 in pick 4's, pick 3's, DD's, exactas, TRIs and SUPS. Horse looked like total garbage.

Ran dead last the whole way. I think the donkey is still a maiden.

Goes to show why the barn was up my ass for selections all night and every time I showed up there. THEY CANT TELL A HORSES ASS FROM HIS EYEBALL.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #3
Mandrake
Veteran

Maybe I should have said did you want to kick yourself in the arse if you did bet him. 4A and 4B.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake
Maybe I should have said did you want to kick yourself in the arse if you did bet him. 4A and 4B.
SORRY!

You asked, it reminded me and I shot off. If I see those twirps again, I'd spit on em. But...they re-taught me a lesson, be kind but not too kind. Unless you're dealing with an angel of a soul.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #5
Mandrake
Veteran

Personally, I was in Vegas for Breeder's Cup 2014. It was Friday. Got friendly with a guy from California. Gave me a tip on 4 horse in last race on Friday, said horse going right to the front. I was up and partaking in Vegas comps. Really liked Espinoza on 7 horse in 8th race at 2 to 1. Bet 30 dollar double 7-4 (tip horse) and 30 to win on 4 in last race. 7 wins. Sure enough 4 went out and never looked back at 30 to 1 (first race off a rather long layoff).
Old 01-27-2016, 08:38 PM   #6
Mandrake
Veteran

With Alonzo Quinonez no less.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #7
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

That is Saaaawweeeeeettttt Mandrake. Nice score !
Old 01-27-2016, 08:44 PM   #8
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME

Penn 2005. Bet 9 races, hit 9 races. Cashed $10,000 in tax jobs. Greek trainer's assistant was up my ass all night for who I like, took care of him with $500 bucks (what can I say, I'm a nice guy).

AHOLE, says to me, to pay you back. Our barn has a horse named XXXXXXX. We've held her back in 3 straight starts. Going to win at boxcar odds at CT in 2 weeks. Bet her but please bet late and don't bet to win as the barn wants to cash.

I bet $500 in pick 4's, pick 3's, DD's, exactas, TRIs and SUPS. Horse looked like total garbage.

Goes to show why the barn was up my ass for selections all night and every time I showed up there. THEY CANT TELL A HORSES ASS FROM HIS EYEBALL.
Funny Story! I learned long ago....don't ever take tips from guys that want tips FROM ME!
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #9
Mandrake
Veteran

EMD, I'm always suspicious of tipsters, but what the heck, I was up, I liked the guy, 60 bucks was nothing in the scheme of things, and I ended up with 3 grand.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:53 PM   #10
zico20

For me it was back in the very late 80s or early 90s at Fairmount. It was harness season. Some guy I casually knew who liked to play up being a big shot tells me this horse who ran 2nd in his qualifier could not lose. In fact, he said the horse would win the invitational pace right now. The horse could go 156 flat if need be he tells me. I put 200 to win on him. He won easily but not by that much. The guy tells me for the next 7 or 8 weeks this horse won't lose. Pound the horse every week, horse wins every week. Race 9 I believe he tells me not to bet him, horse won't win. I bet two other horses and hit it. Next two weeks he tells me horse can't lose. Bet him both times, horse won. Last day of the meet, horse goes in the invitational, guy says he won't win. Horse loses, didn't bet since I didn't know who else I liked. Made a ton of money on the horse. I have no idea why this guy gave me the info every week, but he was spot on.

Last edited by zico20; 01-27-2016 at 08:55 PM.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #11
Mandrake
Veteran

Z, that qualifies as a dozen tips, but the guy was spot on. Amazing.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME

That's an old trick, give out a 'tip' with some good story and if it wins the tipee gets tipped. If it loses? No skin off the nose.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 09:00 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

I don't bet tips unless I like the story as to WHY the horse is a tip.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-27-2016, 09:03 PM   #14
Mandrake
Veteran

The story is the best part, it is almost worth the bet, if you bet it.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:06 PM   #15
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
That's an old trick, give out a 'tip' with some good story and if it wins the tipee gets tipped. If it loses? No skin off the nose.

The guy got $500 from my kindness (right place right time) and had zero reason to give me a bad horse. Unless he wanted to never get free money from me again or free selections.

Keep in mind, he gave me the tip as I was walking out of the track (and after he got free drinks money etc.)