Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #91
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

My favorite from back in the day (this was on the NYRA circuit)....

"MOVE, HORSE JOCKEY!!"

You had to be there...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 AM   #92
andymays
Veteran

The smooching sound and finger snapping drives me insane.

The guys that talk about the breeding after the horse has run 30 times on all surfaces drives me nuts too.

Then there are the guys that still don't know how to read the PP's after 30 years and after the race they tell you what they saw in the running lines that made them bet on the horse and what they saw was totally wrong. Of course their horse wins.

And if you're really going bad you're surrounded by these guys and your horses keep getting in trouble and they get beat by the lunatics surrounding you.

Moral of the story is to move seats when you notice any of these traits.

Last edited by andymays; 03-14-2011 at 03:30 AM.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 03:36 AM   #93
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
The smooching sound and finger snapping drives me insane.

The guys that talk about the breeding after the horse has run 30 times on all surfaces drives me nuts too.

Then there are the guys that still don't know how to read the PP's after 30 years and after the race they tell you what they saw in the running lines that made them bet on the horse and what they saw was totally wrong. Of course their horse wins.

And if you're really going bad you're surrounded by these guys and your horses keep getting in trouble and they get beat by the lunatics surrounding you.

Moral of the story is to move seats when you notice any of these traits.
Matt C on TVG does that with the breeding. He will be talking about his pick and then run out of good things to say and then will add, "He's a son of Master of the obvious out of a talking head mare" and then suppsedly, you'll say, "aah, that makes him a better pick, he's had 89 lifetime starts and NOW his breeding will kick in, i especially love talking head mares, oh those talking head mares!"

"Thank you Matt for pointing that out!"
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #94
Kevroc
Chubby Chaser

Great thread and yeah i'm guilty of many of these..

Although its mostly at home. I'm quiet at the track.. or back in the day at OTB (moment of silence).

The kiss thing I dont do near the wire.. I usually do that when the announcer calls my horse and he/she is making a move for the lead on the backstretch or turn.. i'll give a little smooch smooch.

Nearing the wire.. if a need the wire.. i can often be screaming or swearing for it "cmon wire... where is the gotdayum wire?!?" or "slide!! slide!!"

If I need the late runner, it is definitely "get em up, get em up, get em up!!"

Obviously, the situation calls for the action.. i play horizontals.. so a price horse in the sequence is going to ellict some quips for sure.
Kevroc is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #95
Dave Schwartz

"Slide! Slide!"

Now, that's a new one on me. LOL
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #96
JimG

Great thread.

When i first started out betting the dogs, I was a "leaner", always trying to keep my dog out of trouble on the turn.

I usually never utter a sound until the stretch, but down the stretch my favorite ones when playing horses are "hang on", "open 'em up", and "get up", depending on the situation. I'll even do it when playing from home. The dog and wife just look at me like I am a nut. Oh well. They do know when I am quiet while they are in the stretch, it is not a good sign.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #97
Charli125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
Great thread.

When i first started out betting the dogs, I was a "leaner", always trying to keep my dog out of trouble on the turn.

I usually never utter a sound until the stretch, but down the stretch my favorite ones when playing horses are "hang on", "open 'em up", and "get up", depending on the situation. I'll even do it when playing from home. The dog and wife just look at me like I am a nut. Oh well. They do know when I am quiet while they are in the stretch, it is not a good sign.

Jim
Damn, I've been reading these and thinking, "I don't do any of those". But you got me with the leaning. I too am a leaner.
Charli125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #98
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I hate this one...

"Sorry sir, you've had enough."

Old 03-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #99
precocity
Veteran

I always bet at home now put I am guilty of acting a fool especially when I'm downing a few, If only i could get whip his azz out of my vocabulary
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #100
precocity
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
How about the guys who yell "kick in with the juice" or "drugs, drugs!" when a supertrainer's horse is pulling away in the lane!
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 PM   #101
BlueShoe

The ones that insist that every race is crooked can be a pain. Often they are frustrated older men that have been steady losers forever. "Did you see how they stiffed that horse", "what a boat race", "it was a fixed race", "that horse was juiced ", " they werent trying today, the odds were too short", "everone knows the races are crooked", and so on, ad nauseum. When you politely ask them why, if things are so crooked, they keep coming, usually you will get either a blank look, or shrugged shoulders.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 02:10 PM   #102
MaTH716

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
The ones that insist that every race is crooked can be a pain. Often they are frustrated older men that have been steady losers forever. "Did you see how they stiffed that horse", "what a boat race", "it was a fixed race", "that horse was juiced ", " they werent trying today, the odds were too short", "everone knows the races are crooked", and so on, ad nauseum. When you politely ask them why, if things are so crooked, they keep coming, usually you will get either a blank look, or shrugged shoulders.
What are, sounds heard at every half mile harness track in the world Alex.
MaTH716 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #103
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by precocity
I always bet at home now put I am guilty of acting a fool especially when I'm downing a few, If only i could get whip his azz out of my vocabulary
Reminds me of my wife. When she bets a horse she likes to say "spank em" when they come down the stretch..........
Old 03-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #104
JohnGalt1

Your horse loses. Costs you a big win payoff or really big exotic payoff.

"I coulda told you he wouldn't win." he says happy as can be.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #105
Mineshaft
Veteran

Heard this one today

"Come on 5 you frog"
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply