Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-31-2020, 06:34 PM   #91
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Your info is out of date.

Cloth Masks May Prevent Transmission of COVID-19: An Evidence-Based, Risk-Based Approach..22 May 2020

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-2567

Physical distancing, hand hygiene, and disinfection of surfaces are the cornerstones of infection control during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. At the same time, governments, international agencies, policymakers, and public health officials have been debating the validity of recommending use of nonmedical masks by the general public to reduce the transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). We believe that these decisions should be informed by evidence. Although no direct evidence indicates that cloth masks are effective in reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the evidence that they reduce contamination of air and surfaces is convincing and should suffice to inform policy decisions on their use in this pandemic pending further research.

Cloth does not stop isolated virions. However, most virus transmission occurs via larger particles in secretions, whether aerosol (<5 µm) or droplets (>5 µm), which are generated directly by speaking, eating, coughing, and sneezing; aerosols are also created when water evaporates from smaller droplets, which become aerosol-sized droplet nuclei. The point is not that some particles can penetrate but that some particles are stopped, particularly in the outward direction.

.................................................. ..........................
Why 15 US states suddenly made masks mandatory
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/29/212736...hina-hong-kongAmerica’s 180 on masks, explained....May 29,

I guess being an asymptomatic carrier (vector), spreading it around is your version of public service?
"May" does not = Does. It sounds to me this "newly discovered info" isn't so sure.

So...you're [social] distancing from WHO, heh? By how many feet?
Old 05-31-2020, 06:44 PM   #92
boxcar

Masks may actually increase your coronavirus risk if worn improperly, surgeon general warns

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/healt...rnd/index.html

It certainly appears there is no scientific consensus on mask wearing.

Also, Mr. Empty Suit, I have additional info from your beloved Doc Fauci.

WATCH Dr. Fauci: ‘Right now in the US, people should not be walking around in masks’

https://backroombuzz.com/neurosurgeo...ealthy-people/

The Fauci vid is at the bottom of the page.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:45 PM   #93
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So hcap, can you 'spain to me why something as simple as a mask has been pretty much impossible for the "experts" to tell to use them or not?

Why all the confusion?
Old 05-31-2020, 06:53 PM   #94
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So hcap, can you 'spain to me why something as simple as a mask has been pretty much impossible for the "experts" to tell to use them or not?

Why all the confusion?
Stay tuned...Hc[r]ap is frantically searching for a graph or chart in living technicolor that will prove conclusively that masks have saved billions of lives since this outbreak.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:54 AM   #95
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Your info is out of date.

Cloth Masks May Prevent Transmission of COVID-19: An Evidence-Based, Risk-Based Approach..22 May 2020

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-2567

Physical distancing, hand hygiene, and disinfection of surfaces are the cornerstones of infection control during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. At the same time, governments, international agencies, policymakers, and public health officials have been debating the validity of recommending use of nonmedical masks by the general public to reduce the transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). We believe that these decisions should be informed by evidence. Although no direct evidence indicates that cloth masks are effective in reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the evidence that they reduce contamination of air and surfaces is convincing and should suffice to inform policy decisions on their use in this pandemic pending further research.

Cloth does not stop isolated virions. However, most virus transmission occurs via larger particles in secretions, whether aerosol (<5 µm) or droplets (>5 µm), which are generated directly by speaking, eating, coughing, and sneezing; aerosols are also created when water evaporates from smaller droplets, which become aerosol-sized droplet nuclei. The point is not that some particles can penetrate but that some particles are stopped, particularly in the outward direction.

.................................................. ..........................
Why 15 US states suddenly made masks mandatory
https://www.vox.com/2020/5/29/212736...hina-hong-kongAmerica’s 180 on masks, explained....May 29,

I guess being an asymptomatic carrier (vector), spreading it around is your version of public service?
Just curious. Did this org agree with the early findings that Democrats held so close to their hearts? Like Nancy rubbing shoulders in Chinatown? Or the New Orleans mayor okie doking mardi gras?

Say one thing, do another. OK, got it
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 04:52 AM   #96
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

They haven't determined whether or not masks are effective, because they haven't determined whether or not masks are detrimental to Trump's reelection bid....because Trump himself can't decide whether or not he will wear a mask...so they are in constant limbo, waiting for Trump to commit, so they can recommend the opposite...

True story.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:17 AM   #97
clicknow

If the jury is still out, then decide for yourself. It "seems" to have worked well in many Asian countries. But there's a catch.......

Vietnam has no deaths.

They ignored China and the WHO and deployed intrusive, rapid, extreme measures like strict quarantining, contact tracing, mask wearing before their first case was even announced. They had temperature screenings in early January. Early January. They knew, or thought they did.

They over-reacted.......and it worked.

I realized a while ago once I saw our numbers, that covid had already grabbed hold. I'm uncertain whether masks would help that much at this point. Whatever boat there was to catch, we missed it, as did most of the rest of the world except a select few nations in Asia and a low populated place like New Zealand.

So most of the world will trudge on, try to revive their economies, and hope for the best.

Given the sheer magnitude of the problems we are facing, the mask thing seems like a silly argument at this point. It might help, or maybe not.

Personal choice. Everyone should just Quit giving people a hard time either way. Everyone has enough crap to deal with as it is.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-01-2020 at 08:20 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #98
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
They haven't determined whether or not masks are effective, because they haven't determined whether or not masks are detrimental to Trump's reelection bid....because Trump himself can't decide whether or not he will wear a mask...so they are in constant limbo, waiting for Trump to commit, so they can recommend the opposite...

True story.
So mask wearing is a function of our partisan political situation?

I wonder if the rest of the 145 or so nations on the planet are in limbo, waiting on Trump, too?

It seems their epidemiologists, leaders and people are trying to make the same determinations.

Kids are back in school in 'Nam and Japan......wearing masks. I don't think they are waiting to see what Trump does.

It's an epidemiological puzzle, not a political one. (except for some people, obviously who continue to insist it is the latter).
Old 06-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #99
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
If the jury is still out, then decide for yourself. It "seems" to have worked well in many Asian countries. But there's a catch.......
It's refreshing to see that you agree that masks shouldn't be mandated by government.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #100
boxcar

I Report; You Decide

Conflicting WHO, CDC Masks Guidance Creates Confusion and Havoc

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...-havoc-n462942
Old 06-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #101
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
So mask wearing is a function of our partisan political situation?

I wonder if the rest of the 145 or so nations on the planet are in limbo, waiting on Trump, too?

It seems their epidemiologists, leaders and people are trying to make the same determinations.

Kids are back in school in 'Nam and Japan......wearing masks. I don't think they are waiting to see what Trump does.

It's an epidemiological puzzle, not a political one. (except for some people, obviously who continue to insist it is the latter).
You're absolutely no fun.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:54 PM   #102
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It's refreshing to see that you agree that masks shouldn't be mandated by government.
I never did. I live in AR, voted for Hutchinson, he never required it.

However, I AM pointing out that it does to work, i.e. Viet Nam and some other asian nations, but you need a very compliant citizenry because the level of citizens rights that have to be squashed in order to do this is unthinkable (and totally undoable) in a free country like ours..

I don't understand why people don't get this. And it seems somehow you were thinking or hoping that I thought differently?

In the meantime, I wear a mask. Other people pray and that is their mask.

I don't see much of a difference but we each have our *beliefs*.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-01-2020 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:23 PM   #103
boxcar

Quote:
I never did. I live in AR, voted for Hutchinson, he never required it.

However, I AM pointing out that it does to work, i.e. Viet Nam and some other asian nations, but you need a very compliant citizenry because the level of citizens rights that have to be squashed in order to do this is unthinkable (and totally undoable) in a free country like ours..

I don't understand why people don't get this. And it seems somehow you were thinking or hoping that I thought differently?

In the meantime, I wear a mask. Other people pray and that is their mask.

I don't see much of a difference but we each have our *beliefs*.
Actually, there is quite a difference! Your mask offers limited protection for you and/or others in close proximity (although there shouldn't be anyone that close with the social distancing mandates), whereas my "mask" and the ""masks" of all fellow believers seems to be impacting the entire world, including the U.S.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:16 PM   #104
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Actually, there is quite a difference! Your mask offers limited protection for you and/or others in close proximity (although there shouldn't be anyone that close with the social distancing mandates), whereas my "mask" and the ""masks" of all fellow believers seems to be impacting the entire world, including the U.S.
Actually, I do both.

Following the commonly understood core values taught by Jesus isn't about bragging rights or one-upping anyone for me, though.

I do not pretend to know the mind of God, so cannot preach to others the best manner in which to feed their spiritual and physical needs.

Since I'm *confident* in my beliefs I also don't need to arrogantly preach at them about how much better my way is.......like you just did to me.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:10 AM   #105
hcap

Quote:
Actually, I do both.

Following the commonly understood core values taught by Jesus isn't about bragging rights or one-upping anyone for me, though.

I do not pretend to know the mind of God, so cannot preach to others the best manner in which to feed their spiritual and physical needs.

Since I'm *confident* in my beliefs I also don't need to arrogantly preach at them about how much better my way is.......like you just did to me.
Part for the Boxcarian course. For years.