Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-08-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Government never gets it right

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/08...made-it-worse/

I applied, but might just shut down
Old 04-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #2
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

But at least the artsy fartsy stuff got $100 million of our money.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
tucker6

Quote:

I applied on Monday but the silence is deafening. Banks are overwhelmed. SBA is overwhelmed. Problem is that Congress has too few business owners among them to structure anything correctly. Political hacks like AOC and lawyers have no idea how businesses are run.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #4
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I applied on Monday but the silence is deafening. Banks are overwhelmed. SBA is overwhelmed. Problem is that Congress has too few business owners among them to structure anything correctly. Political hacks like AOC and lawyers have no idea how businesses are run.
Plenary of blame to be had by all on this one. I don’t think this is a partisan problem.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2020, 02:31 PM   #5
clicknow

Sorry to hear this Ralph. Keep trying? I'm sorry the Senate is failing you. Maybe they will get their act together soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Plenary of blame to be had by all on this one. I don’t think this is a partisan problem.

Allan
On this forum it is. Everything is partisan.

I'm glad I'm not a Democrat or a Republican.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-08-2020 at 02:32 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #6
clicknow

Quote:
I thought you guys liked Mnuchin ....he's a Republican and he's the one who crafted loan parameters?
Old 04-08-2020, 02:47 PM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

I say this, but even 1% loan is worth it. What I fear is the control they want to have over the money. From what I’ve been told via a couple conference calls they are going to require the banks to monitor and report on where the money goes, weekly.

I don’t want to be harassed ........using 75% for payroll is ok.....but there are holes in that requirement. You have to use the money over an 8 week period or they take back whatever is left.

They are putting the banks in a bad position, and that makes my bank my adversary. I don’t need another adversarial relationship in my life. I pride myself on getting along with everybody involved with my business. There’s always conflict in business but throwing the Feds in on top of my daily life is not something I would like to invite.

I have options. My wife and I have set ourselves up well for catastrophe. I could cash out and not lose any money. In fact probably make some extra. But that’s due to some things that have happen since our shut down. In what I can only call serendipity, I’ve been the recipient of some funds that I thought were lost. They showed up a few days after close. Rebates on insurance are coming in too. Every little bit helps

I might pull the trigger and look for something else to do. It’s all still up in the air. I only have to give the parent company 30 days notice. It’s my employees I worry about. We are the highest paying location out of 500 locations. If corporate takes over, pay cuts across the board. We shall see what happens next.

Last edited by JustRalph; 04-08-2020 at 02:51 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2020, 03:17 PM   #8
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
I don’t think this is a partisan problem.

Allan
No it is not. One of the more glaring weaknesses of Congress (and most presidents) is their lack of business understanding. It's breathtaking actually considering that we're a capitalist society.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #9
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I thought you guys liked Mnuchin ....he's a Republican and he's the one who crafted loan parameters?
I'm not a fan of anyone who lived in Oz. I rooted for the Wicked Witch.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #10
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Sorry to hear this Ralph. Keep trying? I'm sorry the Senate is failing you. Maybe they will get their act together soon.

On this forum it is. Everything is partisan.

I'm glad I'm not a Democrat or a Republican.
We're pretty sure what you are my friend.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #11
boxcar

Quote:
I say this, but even 1% loan is worth it. What I fear is the control they want to have over the money. From what I’ve been told via a couple conference calls they are going to require the banks to monitor and report on where the money goes, weekly.

I don’t want to be harassed ........using 75% for payroll is ok.....but there are holes in that requirement. You have to use the money over an 8 week period or they take back whatever is left.

They are putting the banks in a bad position, and that makes my bank my adversary. I don’t need another adversarial relationship in my life. I pride myself on getting along with everybody involved with my business. There’s always conflict in business but throwing the Feds in on top of my daily life is not something I would like to invite.

I have options. My wife and I have set ourselves up well for catastrophe. I could cash out and not lose any money. In fact probably make some extra. But that’s due to some things that have happen since our shut down. In what I can only call serendipity, I’ve been the recipient of some funds that I thought were lost. They showed up a few days after close. Rebates on insurance are coming in too. Every little bit helps

I might pull the trigger and look for something else to do. It’s all still up in the air. I only have to give the parent company 30 days notice. It’s my employees I worry about. We are the highest paying location out of 500 locations. If corporate takes over, pay cuts across the board. We shall see what happens next.
I feel for you, JR! If at all possible, try to keep the sleazy government out of your life. Getting into bed with the government is like crawling into a sleeping bag with a venomous snake. I'll keep you in prayer that the good Lord will provide what you need to keep your business afloat.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #12
tucker6

Quote:
In what I can only call serendipity, I’ve been the recipient of some funds that I thought were lost.
Sorry Ralph. I already helped out the African prince.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #13
clicknow

Quote:
We're pretty sure what you are my friend.
I'm not "you". And you don't like anyone who doesn't share your exact views. That is apparent. I voted for a few Republicans and Democrats in my time, son. I've lived under both parties for 45+ years. That's about how long things seem to be broken. That's why I don't tow the party line anymore.

I was brought up during the Eisenhower years and kept those values. Everyone harkens back to the good ol days of Andy of Mayberry, but nobody wants to BEHAVE like they did. I spent my childhood in a neighborhood where people sat down together, compromised and solved their problems. And it was a GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD. You give up something to get something. That's how it works. A dog getting loose all the time? Hey jack, maybe that 5' fence needs to be 7'. Good idea. We'll come over and help you get that done on Saturday........and so on.

As a matter of fact, I'm still having that same relationship with my neighbors. A tree falls across my driveway, somebody with a tractor comes and moves it for me. I'm driving 15 miles to town, I call around and see if anyone needs anything. We don't ask each other "who did you vote for".

I see here is a lot of name-calling here. You can cut the animosity and ill will with a knife. It sure isn't anything like Mayberry. Stay angry.

The world will never be filled with people "just like you" or "just like me". I learned that in 3rd grade.

Last edited by clicknow; 04-08-2020 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:22 PM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Both parties suck big time. I just vote for the least sucky IMO
Old 04-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #15
sammy the sage

JR...yes...have talked with some banker's and fellow business people....it takes about 7 hours and 37 forms to fill out....and many banks are stepping back...cause after all...there's nothing in it for them....plus also...the money's already gone...

makes one scratch their heads doesn't it?....

I told many from the get go...nothing in life is free...NOTHING.....

so one wonders WHAT the hell is EXACTLY going on....?????

am smart...but not that smart....damn...