Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-05-2024, 05:21 PM   #61
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I didn’t notice anything especially unusual other than IF you thought the flow favored the front, he was disadvantaged by being taken far back early and a bit wide. I didn’t see enough evidence in his record to think he was as good as he ran yesterday but you could make a case that he might be better than he looked off the BG.

If you saw something else specific in the flow or trouble, I’d be happy to know.
Look at the GPS chart; the last furlong. Then watch the headon of the stretch run. It should be obvious what they were doing.
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2024, 06:57 PM   #62
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I didn’t notice anything especially unusual other than IF you thought the flow favored the front, he was disadvantaged by being taken far back early and a bit wide. I didn’t see enough evidence in his record to think he was as good as he ran yesterday but you could make a case that he might be better than he looked off the BG.

If you saw something else specific in the flow or trouble, I’d be happy to know.
I might get some push back from others on this, but Lukas is totally random as far as trying figure when his horses will be at their best. If anyone has a line on him you’re a better man than me lol
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2024, 08:26 AM   #63
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
I might get some push back from others on this, but Lukas is totally random as far as trying figure when his horses will be at their best. If anyone has a line on him you’re a better man than me lol
You won't get push back from me. I used to think the same thing about Nick Zito in the days he was winning races. IMO, some trainers are more likely to get consistent efforts and slow steady development and others are a little more in and out.
Old 05-06-2024, 07:28 PM   #64
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahorsewithnoname View Post
WPS
# Forever Young
good call but bad luck
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2024, 07:29 PM   #65
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
I agree with this
Old 05-06-2024, 07:36 PM   #66
Afleet

Mystik Dan was part of the All in January future pool, assumed he wasn't. I wheeled Sierra Leone and ALL first and second on all my tickets (played $3 base) with others including my 2nd pick Honor Marie and my 3rd pick Locked (at that time-obviously got hurt after wager). Hit it multiple times. Had a horrible weekend but this lightens the blow
Old 05-06-2024, 07:39 PM   #67
IamNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNewt View Post
I'm an exacta guy in the KD. With 20 horses I can't imagine picking the first 4.

Exacta box $5

Press
over
$5 each

IamNewt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2024, 07:18 AM   #68
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
Mystik Dan was part of the All in January future pool, assumed he wasn't. I wheeled Sierra Leone and ALL first and second on all my tickets (played $3 base) with others including my 2nd pick Honor Marie and my 3rd pick Locked (at that time-obviously got hurt after wager). Hit it multiple times. Had a horrible weekend but this lightens the blow
I hit a couple futures that allowed me to almost break even. I had Dan in the fourth pool at 21-1, and an All/Sierra exacta in pool 3 that paid surprisingly well. As usual, my tickets were poorly constructed and I got nuthin' on Saturday.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply