Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:24 PM   #46
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I'm with you here. Whining about Lezcano - who actually rode to win and gave us a genuine horse race for once - was nauseating to listen to.
Rosario getting thrown off Bourbon Courage made all the difference in today's outcome
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:25 PM   #47
VeryOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Super horses lose too. He was best today, he lost. Big deal.
Yep - let's see his body of work if and when he runs in the fall.

Secretariat did just fine after losing to Onion at the Spa. Affirmed lost by DQ to Alydar at the Spa and did pretty well thereafter, including beating Spectacular Bid and losing in a game effort to Seattle Slew.

Let's see how this unfolds. I haven't been a big AP fan on the board, but I'm not writing him off after today just because he came in second.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:26 PM   #48
anotherCAfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Zayat got What he deserved.Maybe now he'll learn to let the trainer call the shots not his ego.
Baffert did not look too excited today, and for good reason -- how many times does this poor, tired horse have to ship cross-country?
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:28 PM   #49
hougie

Pharoah was vulnerable today for some reason and Frosted made him work giving Keen Ice the perfect setup. If Pharoah had been his ususal self Frosted wouldn't have been rubbing elbows with him by the far turn. Pharoah would have dropped him and everyone else by then as in other races. For a second it looked like Frosted was going to run him into the rail. At least Pharoah finally put him away. Maybe he didn't like the track that much. Who knows for sure. As far as his physicality pre-race I thought he looked as good as always. Maybe the energy wasn't quite there. I would like to see him run again before the cup. Best keep him from traveling so much maybe in the awesome again so the cali fans can have another race.
hougie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #50
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I disagree. he was dead game to turn back Frosted.

The race just set up for KI. AP has nothing to be ashamed of.
He won an average pace battle and was visibly not winning from the 1/2 mile pole.

If this horse is the super wonder horse that everyone speaks of, he should not have lost that race.

He's not a super wonder horse in my opinion.

You were the one saying when asked horses don't go faster.

He was tested, he was asked, just like he was in the Derby.

His Derby was not impressive to me. Said it 10000 times.

Keep in mind , I love the classic angle of horses who win pace battles and lose the war but I was not impressed by this winning of a pace battle and losing the war.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 08-29-2015 at 06:31 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:30 PM   #51
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherCAfan
Baffert did not look too excited today, and for good reason -- how many times does this poor, tired horse have to ship cross-country?
If baffert shipped AP directly to the spa and trained him at stga and then gave espiniza a mandate that he was to ride at the spa to get used to the track, things might have been different.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #52
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougie
Pharoah was vulnerable today for some reason and Frosted made him work giving Keen Ice the perfect setup. If Pharoah had been his ususal self Frosted wouldn't have been rubbing elbows with him by the far turn. Pharoah would have dropped him and everyone else by then as in other races. For a second it looked like Frosted was going to run him into the rail. At least Pharoah finally put him away. Maybe he didn't like the track that much. Who knows for sure. As far as his physicality pre-race I thought he looked as good as always. Maybe the energy wasn't quite there. I would like to see him run again before the cup. Best keep him from traveling so much maybe in the awesome again so the cali fans can have another race.
I think that's wrong. This was the first nin-perfect trip. He still ran his race. He got beat because of the trip, not because of shipping.

Better trip he wins as usual.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:33 PM   #53
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I disagree. he was dead game to turn back Frosted.

The race just set up for KI. AP has nothing to be ashamed of.
Reminds me silver charm in the callie derby, won the battle, lost the war, next out wins the derby.

This race sets up well for ap's next.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:36 PM   #54
anotherCAfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
If baffert shipped AP directly to the spa and trained him at stga and then gave espiniza a mandate that he was to ride at the spa to get used to the track, things might have been different.
If AP was the only horse he trained, and if he were based on the East Coast, I could see that being very feasible.
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:39 PM   #55
dilanesp

By the way, Collmus' call was great.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:39 PM   #56
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
I'm flying high on testosterone. I have to admit that felt good. Vindication in a way.

Yes, superhorses lose. But after getting ripped for critiquing the great AP, I feel there is some room for saying I told you so's to people.

I got it out, it felt goooood.

On that note. I will shut up. Your reprimand has been noted CJ.
Did you actually bet keen ice? I have been a firm believer AP is very good but beatable but damn dude simmer down a bit. I doubt AP invincibility but he won the triple crown, get a grip here.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #57
ultracapper

I'll be damned. That was the least likely way I thought he'd ever lose. No way Frosted should have softened him up that much.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #58
098poi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney
Did you actually bet keen ice? I have been a firm believer AP is very good but beatable but damn dude simmer down a bit. I doubt AP invincibility but he won the triple crown, get a grip here.
I agree with you someone needs to calm down. This is still quite an impressive resume.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AP Results.JPG (46.2 KB, 117 views)
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #59
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Sorry for the minor redboard.

THAT FELT GREAT

Souped up speed track. SLOW 1st and 2nd QUARTERS and LOST.

Felt good why wouldnt you ? You cashed the pick 4 using 1/7/10 i shouldve listen this morning..

Enjoy it big mouth
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2015, 06:51 PM   #60
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney
Unfortunatly he did using Keen Ice to close out the pick 4
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply