Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #5701
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Like I said CLUELESS...observing DURING the evolution of an infectious pandemic.

Morbidity can arise YEARS after the infection
You could have done yourself a favor by reading at few posts up from this before you hit "enter".

Having said that, you're still irrelevant. It would be a travesty to have you as a physician
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #5702
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I love it when he posts just to post...kinda like me right now...
Old 06-27-2020, 09:14 PM   #5703
46zilzal
velocitician

More post viral sequels: Gullian Barre syndrome, shingles, encephalitis lethargica, Kaposi'e sarcoma, post polio syndrome, etc. etc...

Last edited by 46zilzal; 06-27-2020 at 09:17 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 02:13 AM   #5704
woodtoo

Dr. Death?
Old 06-28-2020, 04:16 AM   #5705
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
More post viral sequels: Gullian Barre syndrome, shingles, encephalitis lethargica, Kaposi'e sarcoma, post polio syndrome, etc. etc...

Or maybe live till they're 100.

Live life, don't be afraid.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 05:17 AM   #5706
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
The economy needs to be opened up
Nobody arguing that. Curious why you keep saying this. Like many have noticed, opening up when you aren't controlling your covid-19 numbers doesn't inspire tourism or business.

It was delicious to wake up to my Republican governor, and see him give (yet another) subtle rebuke to Trump. The first one was after Trump said that stuff about doing less testing. Next day Hutchinson: "we will be doing MORE testing".

Then Friday, Hutchinson said: (bolding mine): "A consistent national message supporting the importance of wearing a mask and social distancing is very important to making sure everybody understands the importance of it,” Hutchinson said. “Nothing beats leadership. Certainly it's important to convey the importance of that.”

Hutchinson added that the president is right in wanting to reopen the national economy but added, “You also have to have the message of taking the right health care precautions.”

Bravo.

Then right after that, I see Pence telling how Americans can protect themselves — hand-washing, avoiding touching the face, disinfecting frequently — but pointedly not the 2 two main protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: wearing a face mask and practicing social distancing.

Then he defended Trump's decision to hold large events amid the pandemic, despite the federal government’s own guidelines against holding large indoor gatherings.

(I thought I was reading a tucker6 post, almost point for point).

I'm thankful I didn't get one of the right winger crazies for a governor... and one who knows the difference between a 10/30 hour OSHA class, a career as a businessman/politician, and an actual medical degree.

A cosmetic scientist I follow lamented today:
Laypeople and experts are not equivalent.
Your doctor and Google are not equivalent.
Your Michelin Chef and your good home-baker are not equivalent

Bravo.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 05:40 AM   #5707
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Until beds are full, you can entertain yourself with other Eeyore's. I'm going to live my life
In business you can be ruthless. Not so in politics.

People still value human beings taking care of other human beings.

Nurses and doctors getting slammed in over-whelmed hospitals, despite that there are few posts here expressing concern for them, will be on the minds of voters in November.

Not everyone is appreciative of the populace being egged on by some republicans not to practice the full recommendations of the CDC, while proclaiming (selfishly) how they're going to "live their life".

They will show up at the polls to express that though.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-28-2020 at 05:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:25 AM   #5708
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Nobody arguing that. Curious

I'm thankful I didn't get one of the right winger crazies for a governor... and one who knows the difference between a 10/30 hour OSHA class, a career as a businessman/politician, and an actual medical degree.

Bravo.
A OSHA trained professional would know the truth about N-95 masks and that is they are worn to keep toxic chemicals out, that is why they are worn in spray booths etc, N-95 masks are not worn to protect the person next to you from what you exhale they only protect the person wearing the mask.

Rags, cloth or fabric masks etc. are basically just a huge collection of germs you wear on your face if they are not washed,changed or replaced every 4 hours or as procedures are followed.

The whole mask wearing is a false sense of security that can make the wearer sicker.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:24 AM   #5709
davew

just passed half a million worldwide deaths and 10 million cases

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 09:43 AM   #5710
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
just passed half a million worldwide deaths and 10 million cases
I made a prection we'd be at 600K deaths but it would take to about July 31st to get there.

(I posted that in a topic where PaceAdvantage said let him know when there are 600K deaths).

Acutally, I think it might be a tad higher than that by then, like 627,000.

I don't expect this pandemic to be over by July 31st, so maybe I will make another prediction for New Years Day or New Year's Eve.

I sure HOPE things have calmed down by then. I usually go out somewhere on New Years Eve, and it's ususally pretty crowded. Music, dancing, some champagne, etc. Right now, in all honesty, I don't think I'd feel very comfortable doing that. I guess I could fly to New Zealand or something.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-28-2020 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:58 AM   #5711
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
The whole mask wearing is a false sense of security that can make the wearer sicker.
If improperly worn and used, I imagine that "can" be true.

I guess the people in south korea and other asian nations like vietnam have better training that makes it work for them, or there is an assumption that we are too stupid to figure out how to use a mask effectively and properly?.

I put you on mass public transit, where it is difficult to appropriately social distance.
You have to do that in order to get to your job every day.
I offer you a mask.

Take it or leave it. Most people would take it and use it.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #5712
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Nobody arguing that. Curious why you keep saying this. Like many have noticed, opening up when you aren't controlling your covid-19 numbers doesn't inspire tourism or business.

It was delicious to wake up to my Republican governor, and see him give (yet another) subtle rebuke to Trump. The first one was after Trump said that stuff about doing less testing. Next day Hutchinson: "we will be doing MORE testing".

Then Friday, Hutchinson said: (bolding mine): "A consistent national message supporting the importance of wearing a mask and social distancing is very important to making sure everybody understands the importance of it,” Hutchinson said. “Nothing beats leadership. Certainly it's important to convey the importance of that.”

Hutchinson added that the president is right in wanting to reopen the national economy but added, “You also have to have the message of taking the right health care precautions.”

Bravo.

Then right after that, I see Pence telling how Americans can protect themselves — hand-washing, avoiding touching the face, disinfecting frequently — but pointedly not the 2 two main protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: wearing a face mask and practicing social distancing.

Then he defended Trump's decision to hold large events amid the pandemic, despite the federal government’s own guidelines against holding large indoor gatherings.

(I thought I was reading a tucker6 post, almost point for point).

A cosmetic scientist I follow lamented today:
Laypeople and experts are not equivalent.
Your doctor and Google are not equivalent.
Your Michelin Chef and your good home-baker are not equivalent

Bravo.
I get it. You like to post from ignorance rather than knowledge. It's a heck of a lot easier to believe what you read and hear rather than make the effort to find the truth yourself. I researched the truth behind what that OSHA guy/gal said. Everything that person said was true. N95 masks don't help anyone around you if you are wearing one. The simple surgical masks only work for a short period of time (30 minutes) before they fail. The cloth masks do not work at all, and are generally a health risk to the wearer. That's the truth. You can brush it off and dismiss it, but the truth is that masks generally do not work. They are intended to get the masses in the habit of practicing better health protocols. But they do not work in and of themselves. It's a dangerous fallacy that you are more than willing to believe because it's always easier to believe than to question.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2020, 10:24 AM   #5713
tucker6

So Clicknow, if masks don't really work that well as opposed to other forms of virus suppression (distancing, hand washing, face touching, etc), why is the CDC/govt pressing everyone so hard to wear them? I'll wait for your esteemed answer.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #5714
tucker6

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...rus-2020-01-30

So Clicknow, you tell me why the change of heart from the experts? Did the CDC and WHO and Surgeon General suddenly learn about masks or have they changed their opinions for politically expedient reason. Political in this context could include using masks to better control the population. Okay, I've given you enough clues, I'll just sit back and read your thoughts. You can't call the CDC and WHO and the SG experts now, because they were experts then too. What changed? Not the science. It's been there from the beginning. So what led the experts to do a 180 in favor of masks when the science of masks says they won't work that well?

From the article:

"Though health officials have warned Americans to prepare for the spread of the novel coronavirus in the U.S., people shouldn’t wear face masks to prevent the spread of the infectious illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the U.S. surgeon general."

"In fact the U.S. surgeon general recently urged the public to “STOP BUYING MASKS!” “They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!”

"HHS Secretary Alex Azar said Tuesday, “Our advice remains as it has been that the average American does not need a N95 mask. These are really more for health care providers.”"

“Even during H1N1 [flu epidemic], there was no recommendation to wear face masks,” he said. They “end up creating a false sense of security and most people don’t wear them appropriately,

"People who are not in the medical field who wear the masks often come in contact with germs when they lift the mask up to eat or slip their fingers under the mask to blow their nose"

“the best ways [for the general public] to protect themselves are the basic hygienic measures.” That includes washing your hands regularly and covering sneezes and coughs. But if you are “sick and need to go out you should wear a mask.”

Last edited by tucker6; 06-28-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #5715
tucker6

Sweden

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...rtan-ntp-feeds

Looks like Sweden flattened the curve just fine without a lockdown. I can't figure out how to post the graph that's inside the article.