Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #466
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_the_cat
Why b/c of her campaign as a 6yo we cant call her one of the greatest?...
Her campaign as a 5yo was equally suspect. And I include the BC Classic run over synth, where she faced turf horses and dirt horses running over a foreign surface (to them).

If she makes it to the gate in this year's BC Classic, this will finally be a true test of her ability. One true test in all these years.

Best evahhhhhhhhhhh.....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 PM   #467
Charlie D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Her campaign as a 5yo was equally suspect. And I include the BC Classic run over synth, where she faced turf horses and dirt horses running over a foreign surface (to them).

If she makes it to the gate in this year's BC Classic, this will finally be a true test of her ability. One true test in all these years.

Best evahhhhhhhhhhh.....

A True test imho would have been to hve gone on tour racing in Europe, Dubai, HK, Japan, Oz
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #468
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Bullchit, you'll never see a 5yo mare EVER win the BC Classic again, every other mare to have ever run has proved that, competing as a 5yo mare?
Please don't bring age into this discussion when it comes to Zenyatta. She was/is so lightly raced that any impact from her physical age will not be the same as other past superstar females...Lady's Secret retired at 5 with 45 races on her resume...Bayakoa raced 39 times and was retired after her 6yo campaign I believe.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #469
born2ride

Quote:
Bullchit, you'll never see a 5yo mare EVER win the BC Classic again, every other mare to have ever run has proved that, competing as a 5yo mare?... Name a 5yo mare that has beat older males in a G1... name them?... yet a handful of 3yo fillies beat up on the 3yo boys... Way more likely to see a rags/eightbelles/rach type come along and beat up on a weak group of 3yos than a 5yo mare beat the best males in the world.
I think the real question is, how many times will you see a 5 year old mare running in only her 14th race? I bet I can name more 5 year old mares beating older males than you can 5 year mares running in only their 14th race.
born2ride is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #470
ralph_the_cat
The people's choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
...and to think Ralph was one of the pissed of gnats.
me pissed?... clear as day you're the one with the big head getting pissed off by everyone... get some fresh air dude.
ralph_the_cat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #471
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
me pissed?... clear as day you're the one with the big head getting pissed off by everyone... get some fresh air dude.
Another missed joke. Wow, you are slower than erosion.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #472
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I think you're being a bit generous here.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #473
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
His big head is getting in the way.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #474
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
It makes it easy for him to ignore the rebuttal to his post which made him look like a dolt...and that was improvement over his previous posts.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 PM   #475
ralph_the_cat
The people's choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Please don't bring age into this discussion when it comes to Zenyatta. She was/is so lightly raced that any impact from her physical age will not be the same as other past superstar females...Lady's Secret retired at 5 with 45 races on her resume...Bayakoa raced 39 times and was retired after her 6yo campaign I believe.
Please dont bring age into the discussion?... thats funny... Do you not understand the athletes competing in this game?... mental state of an older mare vs. soundness of an older mare is VERY relevant...

Especially on the week of Rachel retiring sound, but.... ahhh... not what she once was...
Old 10-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #476
ralph_the_cat
The people's choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
you're pretty pathetic man, never reply with thought, your fingers seem much more active than your brain.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #477
Spalding No!

Quote:
Bullchit, you'll never see a 5yo mare EVER win the BC Classic again, every other mare to have ever run has proved that, competing as a 5yo mare?... Name a 5yo mare that has beat older males in a G1... name them?...
Shuvee, Typecast, Convenience, Dulcia, La Zanzara, Talllahto, Dahlia, Ventura, Windsharp, Drumtop, Anka Germania, Carotene, Powder Break, Busanda, Gallorette, Pine Tree Lane, Rampart, Miss Grillo, My Juliet, Glorious Song, Old Hat...

Quote:
yet a handful of 3yo fillies beat up on the 3yo boys... Way more likely to see a rags/eightbelles/rach type come along and beat up on a weak group of 3yos than a 5yo mare beat the best males in the world.
Eight Belles never beat colts. Didn't Rags To Riches beat future dual HOY Curlin in a stretch battle in the 12f Belmont?

Also, note that in addition to the Preakness and Haskell, Rachel Alexandra won the Woodward as a 3YO versus older males.

Now that, you might never see again.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #478
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
Shuvee, Typecast, Convenience, Dulcia, La Zanzara, Talllahto, Dahlia, Ventura, Windsharp, Drumtop, Anka Germania, Carotene, Powder Break, Busanda, Gallorette, Pine Tree Lane, Rampart, Miss Grillo, My Juliet, Glorious Song, Old Hat...

Eight Belles never beat colts. Didn't Rags To Riches beat future dual HOY Curlin in a stretch battle in the 12f Belmont?

Also, note that in addition to the Preakness and Haskell, Rachel Alexandra won the Woodward as a 3YO versus older males.

Boy, he just missed.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #479
ralph_the_cat
The people's choice

Quote:

your first list has flaws all through it... most did not win as a 5yo against males in a G1...

on top of that, it is much more likely for a 3yo filly or even a 4yo for that matter... to beat the boys,,, than a 5yo mare...

you actually pretty much prove every point I was making...

Last edited by ralph_the_cat; 10-01-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #480
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Eight Belles never beat colts.
She beat all but one of them in the biggest race of the year. I gotta give her props for that one.........