Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
GARY Z
gary z

ZENYATTA 'S 19TH WIN

Granted winning 19 straight is an incredible feat for any
thoroughbred .Regardless, I centered Switch in my exotics based on the strength of the trainer and his decison to run this 3 year old filly
against the likes of Z

While I wish the connections the best, this race benchmarks
not only the weakness of today's field but the fact Zen apppeared
beaten in mid stretch and was all out to beat a talented
three year old making only her second start in a Grade I.

The BC Classic will certainly be an interesting race based upon today's
result.
GARY Z is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
andymays
Veteran

Good for her and the connections.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Zippy Chippy

Can someone post the video?

My mother ruined it for me. I told everyone in the world not to text me but forgot my mom

Also, Zenyatta always seems beaten in the stretch, but she pulls it out EVERYTIME!!

so happy.. 1 more..
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Chippy
Can someone post the video?

My mother ruined it for me. I told everyone in the world not to text me but forgot my mom

Also, Zenyatta always seems beaten in the stretch, but she pulls it out EVERYTIME!!

so happy.. 1 more..
No, no video for you. Absolutely not.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
No, no video for you. Absolutely not.

[YT="Z 10/2"]6dq8fAQ6yjo[/YT]
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack

[YT="Z 10/2"]6dq8fAQ6yjo[/YT]
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #7
classhandicapper

As much as it pains me to say this, I'm fairly convinced by today's race that much like Rachel Alexandra, Zenyatta has lost a step this year compared to where she was for the Classic in 2009 and especially where she was in 2008.

Other than the St Trinian's race (where I thought she ran very well but perhaps not at her peak), every other race has been ambiguous because of an extremely slow pace/tough ground loss, the ease of victory etc... So it has been hard for me to make a definitive statement about where I think she is compared to the past.

But at her best, she's faced similarly tough circumstances on occasion and didn't struggle nearly this hard or have to dig this deep to get up against much better horses than she's faced this year or today (other than St Trinians).

When I look at that evidence plus my personal opinion that she hasn't been working as well this year as she has in the past (I know the connections say she is but I disagree), I'm fairly convinced pending a remarkable turnaround on the work tab preparing for the Classic that's she's not the same horse this year. She's still very good, but not the same.

I thought she was dead at the 1/8th pole but she still managed to win. Simply a remarkable will to win. Amazing.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-02-2010 at 08:18 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
TheGrandDesign
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
As much as it pains me to say this, I'm fairly convinced by today's race that much like Rachel Alexandra, Zenyatta has lost a step this year compared to where she was for the Classic in 2009 and especially where she was in 2008.

Other than the St Trinian's race (where I thought she ran very well but perhaps not at her peak), every other race has been ambiguous because of an extremely slow pace/tough ground loss, the ease of victory etc... So it has been hard for me to make a definitive statement about where I think she is compared to the past.

But at her best, she's faced similarly tough circumstances on occasion and didn't struggle nearly this hard or have to dig this deep to get up against much better horses than she's faced this year or today (other than St Trinians).

When I look at that evidence plus my personal opinion that she hasn't been working as well this year as she has in the past (I know the connections say she is but I disagree), I'm fairly convinced pending a remarkable turnaround on the work tab preparing for the Classic that's she's not the same horse this year. She's still very good, but not the same.

I thought she was dead at the 1/8th pole but she still managed to win. Simply a remarkable will to win. Amazing.
CH i agree she may have lost a step,age will do that,normal IMO.
TheGrandDesign is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
Hanover1

These notions of losing a step are subjective imo. Its as much about Smiths timing the move as anything else, and he appears to thread the needle every time this year.
Hanover1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #10
Zippy Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
These notions of losing a step are subjective imo. Its as much about Smiths timing the move as anything else, and he appears to thread the needle every time this year.
Zenyatta is my favorite horse/athlete of all time, and id have to agree she's probably lost a step. Not her fault. She's almost a middle aged lady and she's still taking these little wippersnappers to school! Man, 1 more race. Just one more win! Will be the happiest sporting moment of my life.
Zippy Chippy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
andymays
Veteran

It was a closer biased track today. No doubt.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
bks

Given they came home about 37.2 in the Goodwood, she would have blown by on the outside and no one would be asking about her losing a step.

At 1 1/16, I think she's just getting running.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #13
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy Chippy
Zenyatta is my favorite horse/athlete of all time, and id have to agree she's probably lost a step. Not her fault. She's almost a middle aged lady and she's still taking these little wippersnappers to school! Man, 1 more race. Just one more win! Will be the happiest sporting moment of my life.
Well ok they were insignificant horses she was facing again I guess but she is consistent against them. I'll say that. Can't knock Zen's consistency. I wish her connections did more with her talent.

Last edited by tzipi; 10-02-2010 at 08:51 PM.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
TheGrandDesign
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks
Given they came home about 37.2 in the Goodwood, she would have blown by on the outside and no one would be asking about her losing a step.

She finished the last 16th in 5 and change,very few can do that.
TheGrandDesign is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks

The race might have been run differently had she been in the Goodwood. But it begs the question...why wasn't she in the Goodwood?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply