Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 04-27-2024, 08:35 AM   #16
Saratoga

Good stuff EQ.....

I'm sure many will follow this....

I just hope your not leading to "sell" this info

PS- WO Race 10 you have a FTS 12-1 ML to Race Favorite...

What determines that..If you don't mind

thxs
Saratoga is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2024, 02:55 PM   #17
equusvates

Talking Ray Taulbot selections, added scratches, I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
Good stuff EQ.....

I'm sure many will follow this....

I just hope your not leading to "sell" this info

PS- WO Race 10 you have a FTS 12-1 ML to Race Favorite...

What determines that..If you don't mind

thxs
I think, because I didn't verify if it works because I always use charts which have scratches in the files.

Saratoga. The honest answer is I don't know. I would have to dig into the program and follow it's decision process. With just a quick look at the printout, I see it is a first time starter. Not much data to rate a horse there. In another thread I stated that the program is a "longshot" program. It intentionally hype up good angles. If just using the same things everyone else uses, you must get the same results. It also look for negatives on a favorite if any. As you can see in the printout, those pesky favorite at time, you can only hope for some trouble for the horse.

Back to that WO Racew 10. I know for sure that with FTS, the program uses workouts, trainer / jockey, breeding. In some cases, not this one, a particular trainer will be hyped up for FTS's.

As for selling. In that other thread I stated that I will NEVER sell the program nor its product. In fact, currently I do not even bet. Oh yeah occasionally I would place a flyer but for the most part I picked horses for my degenerate friends. I hate losing. Now the program is getting to the point where I will not be losing money, only races. This summer is my go time. My friends have been laughing at me for years. I say it every year. One offered $40K for the program. Well good luck to all. Don't blame me if the pigs don't run.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ANGLES_20240427-1.txt (50.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: txt ANGLES_20240427-1.txt (50.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by equusvates; 04-27-2024 at 02:57 PM.
equusvates is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2024, 02:59 PM   #18
equusvates

Ray Taulbot selections, added scratches, I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by equusvates View Post
I think, because I didn't verify if it works because I always use charts which have scratches in the files.

Saratoga. The honest answer is I don't know. I would have to dig into the program and follow it's decision process. With just a quick look at the printout, I see it is a first time starter. Not much data to rate a horse there. In another thread I stated that the program is a "longshot" program. It intentionally hype up good angles. If just using the same things everyone else uses, you must get the same results. It also look for negatives on a favorite if any. As you can see in the printout, those pesky favorite at time, you can only hope for some trouble for the horse.

Back to that WO Racew 10. I know for sure that with FTS, the program uses workouts, trainer / jockey, breeding. In some cases, not this one, a particular trainer will be hyped up for FTS's.

As for selling. In that other thread I stated that I will NEVER sell the program nor its product. In fact, currently I do not even bet. Oh yeah occasionally I would place a flyer but for the most part I picked horses for my degenerate friends. I hate losing. Now the program is getting to the point where I will not be losing money, only races. This summer is my go time. My friends have been laughing at me for years. I say it every year. One offered $40K for the program. Well good luck to all. Don't blame me if the pigs don't run.
For the brave.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MONTE_CARLO_20240427-1.txt (73.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-27-2024, 03:05 PM   #19
equusvates

Ray Taulbot selections, added scratches, I think

And another thing.

Please use your discernment. But, I just saw that AQU R4, H7 at 49/1 that was projected to go wire to wire but may get taken down. Horses like that, I would tell my friends to put him first and second on a ex or tri. Sometimes, they actually listen.

Also, as Pizzolla always stated, those FULCRUM horses have a knack of finishing in the money.

Last edited by equusvates; 04-27-2024 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:04 PM   #20
equusvates

Ray Taulbot selections, be honest

Did you folks hammer that 3 at Tam R8? Missed that 6. I'm bragging or anything. If the program saw him others can too. But think the morning line was valid. While I am not betting, I will add a few more angles that actually fired today already at huge prices. May not have won, but got into the money. But, as Saratoga implies, just may add more confusion.

Last edited by equusvates; 04-27-2024 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 04:50 PM   #21
Saratoga

Quote:
Did you folks hammer that 3 at Tam R8? Missed that 6. I'm bragging or anything. If the program saw him others can too. But think the morning line was valid. While I am not betting, I will add a few more angles that actually fired today already at huge prices. May not have won, but got into the money. But, as Saratoga implies, just may add more confusion.
Don't jump to conclusions....

I checked 2 programs and that 3 was not placed high...

And like I said before ....Speed and that "Wire to Wire" is hitting nice ones...
Old 04-27-2024, 05:03 PM   #22
equusvates

Cool Ray Taulbot selections

Quote:
Don't jump to conclusions....

I checked 2 programs and that 3 was not placed high...

And like I said before ....Speed and that "Wire to Wire" is hitting nice ones...
Okay. Not being confrontational. I am a happy go lucky guy. They loved me at the track and typically gave me 10% per hit. Just surprised at that second time starter catching so much action. Hope you had it.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:19 PM   #23
Saratoga

Quote:
Okay. Not being confrontational. I am a happy go lucky guy. They loved me at the track and typically gave me 10% per hit. Just surprised at that second time starter catching so much action. Hope you had it.
EQ....

I don't bet anyone's picks....unless there's substance behind it...and that is an iffy too

But what I would do , if you continue to post , is to give my opinion and incites..

Even if you decide to disappear , there's no hard feelings....
Old 04-27-2024, 05:43 PM   #24
equusvates

Smile

Quote:
EQ....

I don't bet anyone's picks....unless there's substance behind it...and that is an iffy too

But what I would do , if you continue to post , is to give my opinion and incites..

Even if you decide to disappear , there's no hard feelings....
Do not plan on disappearing but when I do start betting, I will limit the number of cards and the number of races per card. I will let the program randomly pick the cards and races. Just looking for feedback and very much appreciate yours. What ever you do, good luck and hope the jockey do not fall off.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:44 PM   #25
equusvates

Ray Taulbot selections, not samples, preferred quadrant

Will post tomorrow but will not during the week. I have a grandson to chase.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:00 PM   #26
Saratoga

Quote:
Do not plan on disappearing but when I do start betting, I will limit the number of cards and the number of races per card. I will let the program randomly pick the cards and races. Just looking for feedback and very much appreciate yours. What ever you do, good luck and hope the jockey do not fall off.
you mentioned before that you have a database...

can you produce roi's for these angles?
Old 04-27-2024, 06:06 PM   #27
46zilzal
velocitician

good teacher: Talbout
Old 04-27-2024, 06:24 PM   #28
equusvates

Quote:
you mentioned before that you have a database...

can you produce roi's for these angles?
Yes. But. My current large database is from Post Time Daily files and I have switched to Brisnet files and that database is very small. Equibase has been generous in providind a whole year of data for free for the purpose of encouraging people to develop applications for horse racing. I am currently in the process of creating routines to parse the data into a database. I will then run my angles through the database to generate statistics. The process is slow for me, even though they provide a schema, I like to look at every element in the XML file at least once. The problem with the Post Daily File is that there are attributes that Brisnet provides and Post Time Daily does not. In the early days of Post Time Solutions, Handicapper Daily, the original, had some errors with decimal points in the wrong place. That has since been corrected.

Oh, that WO R10 H2 disappointed.
Old 04-27-2024, 06:38 PM   #29
Saratoga

Quote:
Yes. But. My current large database is from Post Time Daily files and I have switched to Brisnet files and that database is very small. Equibase has been generous in providind a whole year of data for free for the purpose of encouraging people to develop applications for horse racing. I am currently in the process of creating routines to parse the data into a database. I will then run my angles through the database to generate statistics. The process is slow for me, even though they provide a schema, I like to look at every element in the XML file at least once. The problem with the Post Daily File is that there are attributes that Brisnet provides and Post Time Daily does not. In the early days of Post Time Solutions, Handicapper Daily, the original, had some errors with decimal points in the wrong place. That has since been corrected.

Oh, that WO R10 H2 disappointed.
Yep...

Ok on your building....

Probably be disappointed when the Angles are tested...but lets see when your done

thxs

Last edited by Saratoga; 04-27-2024 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:09 AM   #30
equusvates

Ray Taulbot selections, 28 apr 2024 no scr's

Another day, another tiring front runner.

Added some layoff angles.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ANGLES_20240428.txt (47.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by equusvates; 04-28-2024 at 12:10 AM.