Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #1771
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
That's a hoot coming from one who is so self-righteous that you cannot see your need for the great salvation Christ offers. I have frequently admitted that I'm a sinner who cannot save myself, but you?

Boxcar
P.S. But you project your own failings upon others as well as you do posit arguments from silence.
Self-righteous...Thask? You're so self-absorbed you have no earthly idea how you come across. You have a borderline god complex.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #1772
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Gee, Toxi, foe someone who claims his time is s-o-o-o valuable, you are by far the one who wastes it so well and with such vengeance. What is your payoff? I am not sure very many are enthralled by your fire and brimstone.

And who are you to judge my heart? You may tell me I am ant-God and ant-Jesus, and wrong, but I believe the almighty reserves the privilege of judging hearts.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your hypocrisy. Plus I judge with a righteous judgment -- from the Word of God. Look at your last post in which you quoted scripture, as it to make some kind of point when you neither believe that text is divinely inspired or authoritative. Yet, that didn't stop you from appealing to it. You are so full of hypocrisy, but your self-deceived heart cannot see it. There's no one on this forum who is more antichrist than you are!

But tell me; for I really want to know: Which Jesus do you admire the most: The Jesus of the Beatitudes which, evidently, have not impacted your life one iota, judging by your hatred toward me and my biblically-supported arguments, or the Jesus who so often waxed so full of himself with all his spectacular, mind-boggling ego-maniacal claims about himself , mankind, his Father and Judgment?

And by the way, you skeptics: If there was ever a self-righteous human being who walked this earth, it was Jesus Christ! What sayest thou about this little "factoid"? Jesus even challenged his detractors to convict him of sin.

Boxcar
Old 06-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #1773
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:

And by the way, you skeptics: If there was ever a self-righteous human being who walked this earth, it was Jesus Christ! What sayest thou about this little "factoid"? Jesus even challenged his detractors to convict him of sin.

Boxcar
Point proven - you're now implicitly comparing yourself to Christ.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #1774
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Self-righteous...Thask? You're so self-absorbed you have no earthly idea how you come across. You have a borderline god complex.
No. The self-righteous are the righteous on this forum whom Christ did not come to call into his kingdom. The righteous need no saving, remember? The self-righteous are those who think they are morally fine and can do what is right in their own eyes, and if by chance there is such a thing as Judgment Day, they believe their own righteousness will be white and clean as the driven snow will not carry the stench and look of filthy rags (Isa 64:6).

Boxcar
Old 06-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #1775
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
No. The self-righteous are the righteous on this forum whom Christ did not come to call into his kingdom. The righteous need no saving, remember? The self-righteous are those who think they are morally fine and can do what is right in their own eyes, and if by chance there is such a thing as Judgment Day, they believe their own righteousness will be white and clean as the driven snow will not carry the stench and look of filthy rags (Isa 64:6).

Boxcar
As I've said many times before, no one quotes the Bible better than you Box. But to me, you don't know what the words mean.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #1776
boxcar

Quote:
Point proven - you're now implicitly comparing yourself to Christ.
NO! I'm in Christ because I'm born again. My righteousness in him is a legal standing -- a positional one, a once and or all divinely declared standing which the bible calls justification, and which occurs at the moment of regeneration. I have no righteousness of my own. All I have is His -- thanks be to God, otherwise I'd still be an unwashed sinner!

But the anticrhists of the world hate Christ's righteousness. There are even some here who have questioned his sinless perfection. Unlike the born again children of God, the antichrists rely solely upon their own righteousness, and think this will suffice for them on the Last Day -- IF....IF....IF indeed there is a Judgment Day (so they think).

Boxcar
Old 06-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #1777
boxcar

Quote:
As I've said many times before, no one quotes the Bible better than you Box. But to me, you don't know what the words mean.
But you do?

Boxcar
Old 06-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #1778
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
But you do?

Boxcar
You're the one with the condscending, know-it-all attitude when it comes to the Bible, not me.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #1779
hcap

Box, study Frederich March. It will improve your style some

Great Movie. Great performances

[YT="Inherit The Wind"]kf0DYaMjhZc[/yt]
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #1780
Wagergirl

Quote:
I'm afraid you are the liar, madam! I have answered all your questions.

And I have not forgotten what Christ's mission. But in order for the lost to be saved, they have to come to a place in their life where they know that. And you have also forgotten that Jesus' mission was to save sinners, not the righteous. Not people who think they are not in need of salvation.

And finally, no Jesus never screamed at anyone. Nor do I. But he most certainly did preach and teach that he was the only way!. To even remotely hint to the lost differently is to sugar-coat the poison of the Serpent's lie and give the lost a false sense of security and hope. Those who preach a false gospel are no friends of the lost.

Boxcar
I must have missed the answer to the most simplest question.....
Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #1781
hcap

[YT="More"]58xCWUibDGU[/yt]
Old 06-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #1782
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Plus I judge with a righteous judgment -- from the Word of God.
You are not the word of God nor are you a representative you are a sheep in his flock, nothing more. Your place is not one that can cast judgement... your seem to have lost that way a long time ago.

Yours is a hop-skip away from genocide.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-20-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #1783
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicar
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your hypocrisy. Plus I judge with a righteous judgment -- from the Word of God. Look at your last post in which you quoted scripture, as it to make some kind of point when you neither believe that text is divinely inspired or authoritative. Yet, that didn't stop you from appealing to it. You are so full of hypocrisy, but your self-deceived heart cannot see it. There's no one on this forum who is more antichrist than you are!
I think someone mentioned your gratuitous use of emoticons.

"Yet, that didn't stop you from appealing to it. You are so full of hypocrisy, but your self-deceived heart cannot see it."

What exactly are you frustrated about here? Shorts riding up, or no one at all seems to be listening to you?

The almighty, at least according to your own playbook, judges. Not you.

Last edited by hcap; 06-20-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #1784
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
You are not the word of God nor are you a representative you are a sheep in his flock, nothing more. Your place is not one that can cast judgement...
You err and do not know the scriptures, for even Christ commanded:

John 7:24
24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
NASB

And there is only one way to do that, having a thorough knowledge of God's revealed will.

And how in the world were the judges of Israel to judge righteously between their fellows (cf. Deut 1:16,17)? The sin in judgment is when people judge according to the flesh (our evil nature, cf. Jn 8:15).

Quote:
your seem to have lost that way a long time ago.
The blind calling the sighted blind!

Quote:
Yours is a hop-skip away from genocide.
Who am I going to destroy? Am I going to cut the heads off of all the antichrists in the world? I wouldn't get very far since there are so very many of you. I am seriously outnumbered.

Boxcar
Old 06-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #1785
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
I think someone mentioned your gratuitous use of emoticons.
Even if they were used as such, it bets gratuitous insults, such as you and many others are prone to hurl.

Quote:
"Yet, that didn't stop you from appealing to it. You are so full of hypocrisy, but your self-deceived heart cannot see it."

What exactly are you frustrated about here? Shorts riding up, or no one at all seems to be listening to you?
That's only because no one has ears to hear. How can the spiritually dead hear anything, lest they are effectually called from their graves by the Spirit of God?

Quote:
The almighty, at least according to your own playbook, judges. Not you.
See my last post. You're dead wrong. And why are Christians supposed to have our senses trained to discern good and evil, if not to make spiritual/moral judgments?

And how is the Church to make moral/spiritual judgments among its members when necessary, if the elders are prohibited from making those judgments? You have no clue of what you speak.

Boxcar