Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #871
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
You've been saying this a lot.
Only because Hcap has been ducking me a lot.

Quote:
Are you morally perfect?
No, I"m not. But I'm righteous in God's eyes. Are you?

Quote:
To what extent is your moral interpretation of the Bible superior... to say... a liberation theologist?

Its a equally valid interpretation of the Bible backed by scripture that contradicts virtually everything you post on here...

I'm just curious what gives you the moral high ground to interpret scripture for all from on high...
Well, usually I'm sitting down in front of my 'puter monitor with both feet touching the ground, so I'm never elevated very high. But your snideness aside, my interpretation would generally be superior to any unbeliever's because I have the Holy Spirit indwelling me, and my interpretation of any given passage would harmonize with the whole revealed counsel of God. There's much to be said for consistency, don't you agree?

Boxcar
Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #872
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Well, usually I'm sitting down in front of my 'puter monitor with both feet touching the ground, so I'm never elevated very high. But your snideness aside, my interpretation would generally be superior to any unbeliever's because I have the Holy Spirit indwelling me, and my interpretation of any given passage would harmonize with the whole revealed counsel of God. There's much to be said for consistency, don't you agree?
Okay so even if I grant you all of this...

What makes your interpretation of scripture superior to say a liberation theologist? There are fundamental differences between their interpretation of the Bible and yours... yet you proselytize on here that your interpretation is superior from where do you draw that conclusion?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #873
lsbets

Now look where this thread is going. Started about Box and religion, then delved into red meat, then Obama shoving phallic symbols in his mouth, and now we're back to the original topic.

You didn't do a good job hijacking your own thread Box.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #874
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
Now look where this thread is going. Started about Box and religion, then delved into red meat, then Obama shoving phallic symbols in his mouth, and now we're back to the original topic.

You didn't do a good job hijacking your own thread Box.
Moral to this saga is: I make a bad crook.

Boxcar
Old 03-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #875
hcap

Quote:

Well it wouldn't be for you. You, evidently, think you're morally perfect and don't need to be saved, otherwise you would have answered me by now. You're just too embarrassed to state it publicly. But you don't have to be shy. I know you have a huge ego.
Where have you been on this thread? Haven't you realized by now you are the losing end big time? Your sanctimonious snobbish mean spirited crap makes you an easy target to ridicule. Now that you have had your head handed to you, you babble about the ethics of what to eat. Obvious isn't it?

I asked you a few threads back about perfection.
Quote:
I don't remember in what context you asked this. Refresh my memory. Most of your posts are so dense with biblical passages it is painful to review. So in brief, why must I be morally perfect? Should every one who posted on this thread be also morally perfect?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #876
boxcar

Quote:
Okay so even if I grant you all of this...

What makes your interpretation of scripture superior to say a liberation theologist? There are fundamental differences between their interpretation of the Bible and yours... yet you proselytize on here that your interpretation is superior from where do you draw that conclusion?
I just got done telling you. Did you not catch the implications? A liberation theologian's (the grammar demons must be out enforce tonight ), or any other unorthodox views of the bible would inevitably conflict with some other portion of God's word. Such contradictions would speak directly to an incorrect interpretation.

Boxcar
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #877
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I just got done telling you. Did you not catch the implications? A liberation theologian's (the grammar demons must be out enforce tonight ), or any other unorthodox views of the bible would inevitably conflict with some other portion of God's word. Such contradictions would speak directly to an incorrect interpretation.

Boxcar
There is plenty of scripture to support liberation theology. Explain to me how liberation theology is in conflict with part of God's word?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #878
hcap

Quote:
There is plenty of scripture to support liberation theology. Explain to me how liberation theology is in conflict with part of God's word?
Simple. Boxcar believes the NT and Jesus never mentioned love for your fellow man. Tolerance, compassion and empathy are part of a new-fangled misinterpretation fostered upon true Christians be evil "liberal Christian Theologians" If I didn't know any better I would describe box as having been a Christian until Satan reached all the way up boxes tush, grabbed box by the inside of his head and turned box inside out.

Thus the crabby anti-Christian messgae he speaks of
Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #879
boxcar

Quote:
Be specific. I don't feel like writing a treatise refuting LT. Give me a specific tenet, please. I'll be happy to oblige.

Boxcar
Old 03-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #880
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Simple. Boxcar believes the NT and Jesus never mentioned love for your fellow man. Tolerance, compassion and empathy are part of a new-fangled misinterpretation fostered upon true Christians be evil "liberal Christian Theologians" If I didn't know any better I would describe box as having been a Christian until Satan reached all the way up boxes tush, grabbed box by the inside of his head and turned box inside out.

Thus the crabby anti-Christian messgae he speaks of
And even then, I'd have the bible's message straight and you still wouldn't. Know why? Because the bible says that nothing whatsoever could ever separate me from the love of God, including the Hcaps of this world.

Boxcar
Old 03-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #881
hcap

So Mr Perfect in this world and the next, where is your explanation of how come I gotta be perfect just like you? Isn't one Mr Perfect on this board enough?

Last edited by hcap; 03-21-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #882
boxcar

Quote:
So Mr Perfect in this world and the next, where is your explanation of how come I gotta be perfect just like you? Isn't one Mr Perfect on this board enough?
Matt 5:48
48 "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
NASB

So, are you?

Boxcar
Old 03-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #883
hcap

Are you?

Oh wait. judging by your pitiful answers on this thread, I guess not. I never claimed any such thing. That's your territory.

You still have not told me why you ask.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #884
boxcar

Quote:
Are you?
So you answer a question with a question? But unlike you, I can answer in a straightforward, unequivocal manner! Yes!

Phil 3:9
9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,
NASB

Quote:
Oh wait. judging by your pitiful answers on this thread, I guess not. I never claimed any such thing. That's your territory.
But neither have you claimed you aren't. And judging by your disdain for the biblical doctrine of the total depravity of man, which includes man's evil nature, I'm thinking maybe you rose above your human nature. Maybe you're a leopard who has changed his spots. Maybe you're something no unbeliever is. So, are you perfect? According to scripture, God requires perfection and holiness, without which no one will see God (Heb 12:14). It's commanded. It's required. It's mandatory.

Quote:
You still have not told me why you ask.
See above. But why do hesitate to answer a straightforward question?

Boxcar
Old 03-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #885
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Perfect
So you answer a question with a question? But unlike you, I can answer in a straightforward, unequivocal manner! Yes!
I guess you are mot paying attention. I just said ...
Quote:
I never claimed any such thing. That's your territory.
All hail his holiness, Mr. Perfect. I guess your humility is only exceeded by your perfection.

Sound the holy trumpets

.................................................. .................

Now that we got that outa the way, can you ever respond without at least ONE biblical passage in your posts?. Just curious

Last edited by hcap; 03-21-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Closed Thread