Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #1051
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Which story couldn't he keep straight? I think the Lord, who cannot lie, is an extremely creative Playwright and Director. So, what is your problem? Do you have a jealousy problem?

Boxcar
And the standard end of any discussion with you. Completely off point and insulting to boot. As Thaskalos said, it's fun when one is bored, but eventually discussing anything with you becomes even more boring
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #1052
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
And the standard end of any discussion with you. Completely off point and insulting to boot. As Thaskalos said, it's fun when one is bored, but eventually discussing anything with you becomes even more boring
There's just no pleasing you, is there? I solve the Judas problem, avoiding any contradictions and you're unhappy. Then you complain about progressive revelation and God inspiring different writers because you don't have the first inkling what scripture means when it says that God inspired his word. And after I briefly explain that to you and supply a great link that explained it in even greater depth, and you're still unhappy. You Skeptics are really a grumpy lot when you get shut down, aren't you? It's gotta be your way or the highway. Those "enlightened higher critics", they're the ones with ALL the answers, aren't they? Until people like myself come along, that is.

Have a great night, Al
Boxcar
Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #1053
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
That's it? Case closed. God no longer talks to people anymore?
Dang. Someone tell that to Pastor Terry Jones because he believed God spoke to him.

Yeah and one of the reasons is that guys like Jones don't pass the sniff tests -- that is to say, the true prophet tests given in scripture. God is way ahead of his creatures...

Boxcar
Old 05-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #1054
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
There's just no pleasing you, is there? I solve the Judas problem, avoiding any contradictions and you're unhappy.
No you didn't.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #1055
boxcar

Quote:
No you didn't.
Sure I did. Tell me how my explanation violates the Law of Non-Contradiction.
If you cannot, then I have solved the difficulty.

Boxcar
P.S. Try to etch this in your mind: Differences do not necessarily equate with Contradictions. They are not synonymous terms.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #1056
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Sure I did. Tell me how my explanation violates the Law of Non-Contradiction.
If you cannot, then I have solved the difficulty.

Boxcar
P.S. Try to etch this in your mind: Differences do not necessarily equate with Contradictions. They are not synonymous terms.
No you didn't but that's ok. It makes you happy.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 AM   #1057
boxcar

Quote:
No you didn't but that's ok. It makes you happy.
Yeah, I'm happy; but I can understand why you wouldn't be. It's no wonder skeptics hate the Law of Non-Contradiction. Too concise, too precise, too air-tight, allowing no wiggle room for error.

Plus, it is written, "all men are liars".

Boxcar
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #1058
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Yeah, I'm happy; but I can understand why you wouldn't be. It's no wonder skeptics hate the Law of Non-Contradiction. Too concise, too precise, too air-tight, allowing no wiggle room for error.

Plus, it is written, "all men are liars".

Boxcar
I'm perfectly happy as I understand what is going on in the texts. I don't have to make up a convoluted line of crap to convince myself of it either. That's called faith.

You don't need something to be "too concise, too precise, too air-tight, allowing no wiggle room for error" to have that. When you spend all your time impressing yourself on how clever you are, you've missed the entire point. You also leave yourself no wiggle room for error because as soon as one of your ridiculous explanations breaks down, you lose the entire structure of your system like a falling house of cards.

I don't need all the terms you throw around to have faith, but you seem to. Your faith is a well built dishwasher and nothing more. Enjoy it. Like every other machine, someday it will fail you. Probably has already.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #1059
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
There's just no pleasing you, is there?........

You Skeptics are really a grumpy lot when you get shut down, aren't you? It's gotta be your way or the highway. Those "enlightened higher critics", they're the ones with ALL the answers, aren't they?
Boxcar
Pot, meet Kettle!

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #1060
boxcar

Quote:
I'm perfectly happy as I understand what is going on in the texts. I don't have to make up a convoluted line of crap to convince myself of it either. That's called faith.
And your "faith" is in what precisely? In a book chock-filled with contradictions? In well-intentioned (perhaps) but nonetheless in misguided, deluded, ignorant religious zealots who didn't know which end is up or their right hand from their left? In some Uknown or Unknowable God (if he or it exists) who has distanced himself from the human race and could care less what happens to us? Yes, I could see why you're so happy.

I, too, understand what is going on in the texts and in the minds of skeptics.

And it's amazing how much you don't need. I don't need this. I don't need that. I don't need some other thing. I don't need to use my mind. I don't need to use my reasoning. I don't need to use my brain. No, you need none of these things. They only things you NEED are your doubts, skepticism and an army of higher critics who have done your thinking for you. Those you need as much as the air you breathe! These things are the true objects of your mind-free and reason-free blind faith!

Boxcar
Old 05-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #1061
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trotter
Pot, meet Kettle!
What a pity that what you know would fill neither the pot or the kettle.

Boxcar
Old 05-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #1062
thaskalos

Quote:
And your "faith" is in what precisely? In a book chock-filled with contradictions? In well-intentioned (perhaps) but nonetheless in misguided, deluded, ignorant religious zealots who didn't know which end is up or their right hand from their left? In some Uknown or Unknowable God (if he or it exists) who has distanced himself from the human race and could care less what happens to us? Yes, I could see why you're so happy.

I, too, understand what is going on in the texts and in the minds of skeptics.

And it's amazing how much you don't need. I don't need this. I don't need that. I don't need some other thing. I don't need to use my brain. I don't need to use my reasoning. I don't need to use my brain. No, you need none of these things. They only things you NEED are your doubts, skepticism and an army of higher critics who have done your thinking for you. Those you need as much as the air you breathe! These things are the true objects of your mind-free and reason-free blind faith!

Boxcar
I have a question, Boxcar...

Why would humans be provided with a brain of such great capacity...if all the answers for our "salvation" can be found in a single set of books?

And these answers don't even need interpreting, according to you...because they are laid out exactly as "God" wants us to understand them.

Why did the creator provide us with such a mind...if he never intended for us to use it?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #1063
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

John 20:29

Enjoy your dishwasher.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #1064
hcap

Box, your last explanation as to how the rope which Judas hung from popped, after giving up on his body gained weight after death, was vultures hanging from the body while devouring it, added weight. No matter that the typical Egyptian Vulture weighs in at 3 to 5 lbs and it would have taken quite a few to increase total wight enough to break the rope, I will drop for now debating "the rope broke" thesis.

Instead please explain the REST of the 2 conflicting stories. Notably the puzzle of the 30 pieces of silver
Quote:
Matthew 27:1-10

King James Version (KJV)

....3 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.

5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.

7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
Quote:
Acts 1:18-19
King James Version (KJV)

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #1065
boxcar

Quote:
John 20:29

Enjoy your dishwasher.
I might if it weren't so messy with your scrambled mind on the inside walls.

And just what is the above text supposed to prove?

Boxcar